Layout Extinct

Eagle, CO
Eagle County Fairgrounds - Old Layout Share
Uploaded By: klay Hole #7 (Taken 9/2010)
3 / 681ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Approach

using gwillim's check list

5/5/2008   5/5/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The piece of land is very beautiful, right next to the Eagle River and has lots of potential. There is a bathroom in the parking lot which is easy to find and abundant.
Cons: The baskets are duel (from what I can tell). The other baskets and tee pads are hiding pretty well because I could not find much of the course and I looked for about an hour. There is some elevation change from a tee pad that I found up a hill toward the road, but I could not find the basket it was aiming at. Foliage maintenance has to be on the con side, it was very overgrown, perhaps the reason I could not find anything. There were some locals around but I don't believe that they even knew that they were in a frolf course. The course area felt like a place where people throw out their trash from the nearby fairgrounds. The course was diffidently not crowded, because one has to question if there really is a course here.
Other Thoughts: The course instructions says to get a map at the visitors center. I played before I found this site, which has a map! Be sure to call the visitors center to be sure they are open if you fail to download the map here. When I made it to Eagle Co, the visitors center was closed at three in the afternoon. A map could have changed my perception and grade, but I didn't have one. This was a Gwillim inspired review using his check list. I have no reason to not believe anything the original poster said, who was spot on.

Only 5 minutes from my house but I won't be going back....

4/13/2008   4/13/2008
Review By: websterbud
Pros: Really needs to be cleaned up A LOT. There were missing tees, and lots of garbage around. The tees had multiple numbers on them and being a wide open course and a first time player there I found it difficult to navigate. It gets a poor rating do to how dirty and unorganized the course is.
Cons: No one was there. Had the whole course to myself. Free.
Other Thoughts: DIrty. Glass, cigs and animal crap EVERYWHERE. Missing tees, missing pins as far as I could tell. I scouted the course and had a hard time finding where I needed to go next. Won't be going back even though it's 5 minutes from my house.