Woodland, CA

Great Little Course

5+    5/3/2009   5/3/2009
Review By: The Ghostman
This review was updated on 5/10/2009
Pros: Concrete tee pads for 7 of 9 holes
good view of all baskets
great park for the kids
great park for a picnic
Cons: only one basket has two sets of chains (9)
on sunny weekend days it could be crowded with little ones
Other Thoughts: The course has grown up since the pics were taken and some trees have been removed while others are bigger making for more challenging shots
Few if any of the holes are actual par 4's
Rarely crowded with golfers even on weekends--however, if you go on a weekend some holes may be unplayable due to crowds of park goers. I downgraded since my last review to a 2.5 because of this.

Easy 2 Play

2-4    4/30/2009   4/30/2009
Review By: welshjohn74
Pros: Very easy to play, there is no guesswork as to the layout of the course. Great for developing your long-range shots and rollers. Nicely manicured park.
Cons: Not the most challenging course, the majority of holes are straight shots, but it's far better than Oxford Circle Park in nearby Davis so if you are in the area and had to choose I would play this one first.
Other Thoughts: The tees list each hole as a par 4, but any player with experience should consider it a three at most. My discs got lodged in the trees on two occasions, but with the aid of my trusty Sigg bottle and a couple of dents later I managed to retrieve them :). I played through a couple of times and enjoyed myself. I went on a Thursday at noon and had the whole course to myself which was nice. I can see how on a weekend it could get crowded.

Fun multible use

5+    9/18/2008   11/18/2008
Review By: J.Koeberlein
Pros: Water, Bathrooms, tables, playground, water feature. Nice mix for newbies and moderate players. Most holes are "duceable" for good players. Hole 9 is fairly long with a tree screen on the left, center, with a structure on the right.
Cons: Multiple use park there is always a picnic or function going on. Many people there seem oblivious to the game of disk golf and will setup their picnic around a basket and they will pickup your disks and throw them back. Yelling "four" doesn't seem to help, we nearly hit someone everytime we play.
Other Thoughts: Short fun course, newbies have fun, moderate plays always throw under par. Grass with mature trees. Throw for birdie.

Family park

4/8/2008   4/13/2008
Review By: kevin
Pros: Nice little straight aways to practice on. I like the hand ball wall. Nice touch.
Cons: Flat and easy. Not one for a long trip.

1 2 Next >