Bremen, Germany
Weserufer-Discgolf-Park Share
Uploaded By: luma Hole #4 (Taken 5/2014)

Very nice overall

5+    6/15/2014   6/26/2014
Review By: luma
Pros: - The holes demand different shot types, from long bombs, to big right and left curves, a tunnel shot e.g.
- The area that the course is on doesn't have too many options to work with trees, but basically every single tree and bush that is there was used to create a really nice layout
- You don't have to walk very far from hole to hole. The furthest might be 50 m, except for that it's mostly 20 m which really hepls the flow of the course
- Hole 15 alone is worth playing. The basket sits just a couple of meters away from the river Weser and it makes for a really nice view at your putt. You usually don't have to fear for losing your disc in the river, but still it just looks awesome
Cons: - the grass isn't cut too often, which will really lower the fun level to me. Although you will find your disc again fairly easy in 90 % of the area (if you look where it goes), I don't like high grass for a course. It's not the designer's fault, but it's just that way...(Plus I have allergies, which makes it even worse for me... ;-) )
- Although I stated that they really made the best out of the area, it just doesn't give you the best opportunities for a discgolf course..just too much open area and not enough trees to work with is my opinion
Other Thoughts: With it being the only "proper course" in the area it is certainly worth playing, no matter if you're beginner or an advanced player.

Weseruferpark

2-4    9/6/2012   11/9/2012
Review By: walde
Pros: The disc golf course of Weseruferpark is located on the river bank of the river Weser. I met Simon Lizotte, the European champ and he said the course was built by his father. We had bicycles with us when we were in Bremen with a friend of mine but I believe there's a tram going pretty close so it's easily accessible.
Pretty much all the fairways are meadowy, but only light vegetation so it's very difficult to lose your disc. Many of the baskets are located on a clear area surrounded by trees and shrubs, which I really liked. On most of the holes you have quite a lot of space when driving but you have to accurate when you are approaching to the basket. On a couple of long holes you can really throw as hard as you can and not be afraid of losing your disc because there is so much open space. There are also a few trickier holes where you have to drive with good accuracy, trying to get through some trees and branches. Some out of bounds holes too.
I really enjoyed playing here, it wasn't very crowded so you didn't have to wait for your turn, the baskets were quality baskets, nice teepads, a proper outlay and info about the course on the first hole and well varied holes.
It isn't a very difficult course but there's enough variation to keep you interested throughout the course and enjoy playing. The best course I have played so far, there's even a small beach right next to the course where you can relax after a round. I highly recommend.
Cons: The only bad thing, in my opinion, about the course is that on some holes you may have to wait for people who are passing by/walking around the park. We didn't see any people walking on the course randomly but there are some paths going close to some holes so you have to be careful.
Other Thoughts: I'll be going to Bremen in a couple of weeks time so I'll get a chance to play there again, I'm very excited about that! See if I can beat my record (playing with 3 discs) of -2.