St. Charles, MO

Average

1    7/25/2013   7/26/2013
Review By: kfree35
This review was updated on 8/10/2013
Pros: So I'm not sure whether or not this course is intended to be open to the public or not, but I had no problem accessing and playing through the course. I did not however see any other people while I went (mid-day, 80 degrees, sunny) so I think most people do not know they can play this course.

There is variation in distances and types of shots, although a majority of the holes are in the open.

The baskets caught well enough.
Cons: If you do not have a guide or a map, this course would be nearly impossible to navigate at times. I downloaded a map to my phone so I managed.

There are 'natural' tees, which can be difficult to throw from, depending on the conditions.

HOLES 13, 14, and 15... All of these holes are about 250 feet straight down a gravel road through the forest. I am by no means an highly experienced disc golfer, so these holes are asking a bit much. In addition, on 15, my younger brother teed off from the gravel tee and slipped, thereby accidentally throwing a disc off the narrow 'fairway'. The disc went over a mass of overgrown vegetation and we believe landed in someone's yard. We could not retrieve it.
Other Thoughts: Overall, it is an average fun course and is close enough to my house for me to play again.

With concrete tees and clear directions from hole to hole, this course would be a lot more up to par with area courses, Quail Ridge comes to mind.

Closed to the public!

5+    6/9/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: smokey102977
Pros: It is a decent course close to my home. The course has some really difficult shots from the tee box, a mix of open and tight fairway shots, and a good mix of open and really tight greens.
Cons: Lindenwood closed the course to the public. I wonder if they receive any of my tax money?
Other Thoughts: Needs to be open to the public!

The Big LWood Is Back

1    3/7/2012   3/8/2012
Review By: Gflap
Pros: Course is located on a nice track of land on Lindenwood University campus along side track and field area with some trees and rolling hills. About 1 mile from I-70 in St Charles close to food and service stations. Nice mix of short, medium and long holes. Some technical holes with trees and elevation changes. Water in play on final 2 holes. Gateway Titan baskets. 3 longer holes for the big arms to air it out.
Cons: Currently this course is in the middle of a redesign due to newly constructed tennis courts. Still lacking on tee signs and markings for tee pads. Even for those in the know, course is difficult to navigate. Always windy here as the course is situated on the highest point in St Charles. Only 2 trash cans. No benches. No bathrooms. 16 basket not in as of yet.
Other Thoughts: This course has great potential once tee signs are placed and when concrete pads are installed. Only 5 of the original holes remain from initial design of this course. Great job with the new holes installed with over half the pins remaining in place.