Basic course with some varied approaches to holes
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Easily accessible and fun for beginners to learn the game. Some of the longer holes allow you to let it fly with various routes to get there. Baskets are nice and finding your way around is fairly simple. The park is clean with a good family atmosphere.
Cons: Tee pads are sand and in terrible condition. Do not tee off from them...start from the side or back of them. The signs looked like they were nice at one time but are mangled now and some of the holes are without them. Beginners may throw near you because spacing between some of the holes is not far apart.
Other Thoughts: It is only a 9 hole course. I would not have a problem to play this course if I am in the area but would recommend the Gulf Breeze or Blue Angel courses for intermediate to advanced players.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: You won't have problems finding each hole.
Nor will you get lost.
Basic shots to get familiar with the game.
Cons: Possibility of throwing into yards past hole 2.
Other Thoughts: Theres tons of squirrels!
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Good Beginner Course
Pros: 1. Signage- Best I've seen. Color graphic with distance, flight path, pin location and trees. Arrows on the bottom of some cages pointing the way to next tee.
2. Cages- Brand new annd easily spotted.
Course play/layout- Nice short beginner friendly course, but requires enough skill from a intermediate player to to score low. Mostly open except pine trees spread throughout course, but no low hanging branches to impede flight path.
3. Scenery- Nice typical family friendly municipal park with plenty of shade. Almost zero trash even though there aren't any trash cans on the course but, near it in the park.
4. Amenities- Restroom, picnic tables, ball fields and a playground that you could let your kids play at while you play DG around them if you so choose. Drinks and snacks within a block.
Cons: 1. Tee pads- There is a designated tee box area but, it is natural. These are already getting torn up and roots are beginning to be a problem with footing confidence.
2. Course challenge- Shot variety is severly lacking as you can play this whole course with the RHBH and FH shots. There is zero elevation change or hazards.
3. Amenities- Bathroom STANK! No discs for sale/rent in area if you're without and want to play. There were no bag holders or benches which isn't a huge deal but, nice to have.
Other Thoughts: This is not a destination course, but a fun, if you're in the area and don't have much time to play type of course. This is a very beginner and kid friendly course/park with other activies to make for a good family outting. This place was pretty much deserted when I played it so I don't think crowds are a problem. This course has room for improvement, but only minimally so it will never be more than a 3.0 in my eyes. Final piece of advice- If you're limited in time then come here...if you have the time and want a challenge almost any other course in the area would be a better choice!
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.