Myrtle Beach, SC
Socastee Rec. Park Share
Uploaded By: Hindenburg Hole #9 (Taken 3/2012)

Beautiful Course

1    6/23/2015   6/23/2015
Review By: mazurka1
Pros: Excellent course in a park setting. Course does not interfere with other activities.

Every hole had a tee sign with a map of the hole and distance.

Most holes had multiple tee pads. The ones that didn't, really didn't need them.

The tee pads are concrete and huge!

Very nice, well kept blue baskets, that are always visable when you get within 100 feet.

Great mix of hole types and distances. There was one hole that was over 800 ft. By far the longest hole I have ever played. The first hole was aceable, which I love because I've played too many courses that have 500+ ft holes that kill you right out of the gate.
Cons: NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH
Other Thoughts: I am on vacation with my family. I visited this course all the way from Kalamazoo, MI. Around there we have 12 courses within 20 minutes. I was quite surprised that this was the only 18 hole coarse around. This course would fit in well with the top five courses up there. I really wish it was closer to home.

Beast at the Beach!

1    3/26/2015   3/26/2015
Review By: Jgelband
Pros: Great course. Tons of variety. I played after rain so the course was swampy but I'm leaving that out completely. The front nine was well laid out. I played the blue pads and there were straight shots and shots with specific lines required but I thought the holes were challenging and fun. I was really enjoying myself and then came the back nine. 10-12 started out really nice. more open and stretched out than the front then this course went from good to beast in a hurry. The final 6 holes are a true test of your DG game. Theres fairways but you've really got to hit your lines to get through this section at par. There are elevated baskets, twisting fairways and tons of trouble on both sides.
Cons: None-Top notch legit DG course. Loved it.
Other Thoughts: For a new course this is very polished. The local club or parks dept. has put a ton of work into making this a challenging and fun course. I cant wait to get back!

2-4    10/19/2014   10/19/2014
Review By: jeffm22458
Pros: Great accuracy course. Distances seemed to match how tight each hole was. Perfect concrete pads and pretty good signage. Minor elevation changes. Dont remeber much trash at all, the park seemed very well kept. The par was something like 63. There were definitely 3 par 5s and some par 4s. So this course is beefy, good all around test of your golf game.
Cons: Only thing that would boost this course rating higher is if there were some water or real elevation change
Other Thoughts: Pro level course very much worth playing. Or driving a few hours to get to and spend the day.

Solid and Challenging

2-4    1/18/2014   1/20/2014
Review By: kmelton
Pros: A challenging mix of short tight holes, to defined fairway par 4's and 5's, to placement par 4's, with a sprinkling of moderately open shots. This course makes you play disc golf like you are supposed to. You have to throw straight when you have to, you have to know how to scramble out of the woods on a bad shot, you must have a flex shot to get a birdie, I used flicks, hyzer flips, rollers, thumbers, and flex shots. The tee pads of crushed gravel are more preferable for me because it allows me to turn my foot easier which makes it easier on my knee when I throw backhand. I played right before a tournament, so signs were up for distances, hole numbers, and next tee: navigation was easy. Some short tees were in place--looked like more might be on the way. Didn't look like anyone used the "nature trail" that winds around near a few holes on the front 9-- so the course is exclusive to DG.
Cons: I played in cold weather, but I could see a bug problem emerging in the warmer months. Standing water can be a problem both for playing/walking around it and for mosquitos. Sure there could be some benches on some more holes but the only time a sit down when I play is during a tournament, and even then I don't like to sit much--might be a drawback for some. Not a good course to bring your girlfriend/wife/kid/first-timer: not too beginner friendly--some true par 4's and 5's. They still might have fun though. I could see how this course could be a haven for snakes when it gets warmer if the course is not maintained--high patches of grass. Like I said, I played in the winter when the fairways were clear of grass/weeds, it might be different come May.
Other Thoughts: Not too familiar with how safe the neighborhood is, but appeared be in a typical middle class area to me. RC track onsite with playground basketball courts could be a plus. Navigating and patiently waiting in MB traffic will test you. Most of the course feels isolated which I love. The junky boat on the side of hole #5 fairway could be fixed up, painted and utilized as a fun ornamentation for the hole--or just get rid of it. I imagine when the leaves come in, the course will get tighter but this course is definitely worth your time.