Myrtle Beach, SC
Socastee Rec. Park Share
Uploaded By: Hindenburg Hole #4 (Taken 3/2012)
-- / --   4 / 407ft.   4 / 407ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Approach

5+    5/11/2013   5/18/2013
Review By: DNewq
Pros: - A lot of passion and hard work has gone into designing and prepping this course. It took a little while, but once they got momentum going this course came together nicely. It is great to play as is, but will only get better with a info kiosk, benches, hole distances, etc.
- I expect this course to be the model course for the region, which has been slow to grow the disc golf scene.
- The park has tons going on all the time, which makes it a lot of fun. Disc Golf is one of many activities there, you could easily spend a whole day if you brought lunch, a basketball or soccer ball, etc.
- Course has a nice variety of hole layouts and distances.
Cons: - There are rumors to be snakes on the course, I have yet to encounter one, but be on the lookout.
- The brush can be thick off the fairway. I have lost 2 discs, one I thought for sure I would recover, but had to walk away.
- I was nervous that the course could get grown in during summer season, but so far that does not seem to be a problem.
Other Thoughts: - It really turned out to be a top notch course. A nice mix of par 3s, 4s, and 5s. There are a few OBs, which add some good touch on a few holes. I am glad there are no mandos, we'll see if they ever include any.
- The park itself has all the amenities to make it a good tournament site. They had one last weekend sponsored by Dynamic Disc. Modest turnout, need to get the word out at how great this course is. See for yourself.

Huge Improvement! Course is meeting its high potential

5+    5/6/2013   5/6/2013
Review By: Khersh
Pros: A wide variety of twists and turns along with narrow straight shots and long holes. Requires a variety of shots.This course is challenging and my opinion, the best course anywhere near the area. We have been working on improving this course for a while and it is near completion. All holes have been play-ready for a few months now and we have just finished putting in the gravel tee pads.
Cons: Lots of snakes.
Lots of roots to trip over.
There is still some minor work that needs done but mainly just for cosmetics.
Other Thoughts: All holes are finished. As of now we have the par set at 64.

Great New Course!!!

2-4    4/26/2013   4/29/2013
Review By: elsteveo30
Pros: I agree with BobRob, the course is a great mix of long & short holes as well as open and wooded. The course is obviously in it infancy, but is coming along very nicely! There is no water hazards where you can loss a disc which is always nice!
Cons: No permanent cons that I can think of! Tee pads are being worked on and will be completed in the near future. Tee signs and hole distances don't exist at the moment, but I'm sure they will appear sooner or later. There are some directional arrows on the front 9, back 9 doesn't have them yet. Score card and course map also don't exist, but will be created in time! All these things I mentioned aren't really cons about the course, just luxuries that I'm sure will come in time!
Other Thoughts: We played the course 3 times in a 2 day period, same as BobRob. We really enjoyed it and felt it was a great challenge! My score improved each round 74, 70, and 66. I would think the course par is somewhere around 60? Don't listen to earlier reviews that just complain about petty stuff. I Definitely recommend this course as a must visit if you are in the Myrtle Beach area!