Frisco, TX
Dash's Track Share
Uploaded By: lavon_andy Hole #16 (Taken 3/2012)

Short and tight, but not managed well

1    4/1/2012   6/3/2012
Review By: alweitner
Pros: Some tricky and technical shots makes shooting for Birdie on each whole a challenge but rather thrilling.

1-9 Clean and managed well. The tight cuts and the unique drop makes the front 9 worth playing.
Cons: If the course is managed properly and fairways have a wide enough birth, the course could be a great quick warm up course. But the last time we played the snakes were bad enough that I lost the desire to finish the back 9.

10-18- The overgrown grass posed a health risk; I couldn't see the snake I nearly stepped on, it rattled, I jumped and ran!!

The hole with the moat that hugs the backside of the basket seems rather precarious (it's where I met my venomous buddy). A small bridge to get to other side would help and alleviate the need to search up and down the sewer water bank for a possible crossing (its back towards the basket for the next hole, for reference).

I took my wife to play this course, unlikely I will get her to venture back out there with me.
Other Thoughts: Mow the grass, clean up the moat and create a buzz around a fun, quick, technical mid-range course. It would be ideal to play Dash then Bill Allen.

Putt Putt Golf

1    5/27/2012   5/28/2012
Review By: IIwnimII
Pros: Ace Run shots, clean fairway, and nice signs. History Buffs can get a feel of the area with facts about Dash the horse on the welcome sign.
Cons: Very short shots, again putt putt golf, burs outside the fairway, be prepared to pick hundreds of them off yourself if you go in the ruff or trees, i like water holes but the water there is stagnate and muggy
Other Thoughts: Why is there is practice basket without the post?!

Fun Easy Course

1    5/25/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: JeffWC15
Pros: Good fun course! I have only been playing for a few weeks now so this course was good for me and I actually shot even par. More advance players will probably shoot 8 to 12 under on this course. Previous reviewer needs to drive north of the dog park and park in the baseballs fields bu the course sign. Fun fast course!
Cons: Could have more holes over 300 feet. There are some places where the grass was long but I had no problems finding my disk.

Short and Sweet

2-4    5/23/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: Lorider680
Pros: -The signs and flow of the course is very easy, no map necessary.(I had to park at the dog park and insert at hole 16 with no problems.) The baskets are in good condition and there are a couple of trash cans.
-No crowds. I only encountered one other duo playing.
-A very quick play. I played 3 rounds back-to-back in about 2 hours.
Cons: -A little to simple. There is no need to carry your disc bag for this course. A midrange and driver are all you need.
-Grass is still a very big obstacle. As with alot of new courses, the path the mower takes is the path you need to land on. Some of the shag is knee high and the rest is shin high. I recommend bringing back up plastic as your starting rotation won't be needed.
Other Thoughts: Overall a fun quick course to pass time. There was a bee hive around hole 12 or 13 that you can hear pretty easily. The power lines you throw under are live and you can hear them crackle.(It scared me out of a tomahawk throw on 2 occasions.

Dash's Track

1    5/20/2012   5/20/2012
Review By: climber3201
Pros: Good for beginners. I like the dog park next to it. Ruff!
Cons: Grass is used as an obstacle on several holes. The holes are very short, except hole 18, which comes as a surprise. Very easy to beat par on this course. With good puts, most holes make for an easy birdie, and there are several ace opportunities.
Other Thoughts: Why is it named after a horse?

Solid Learning Curve

5+    4/30/2012   4/30/2012
Review By: grantfree035
Pros: [My pros and cons are very objective, I take a deeper analysis of the course in other thoughts. Will be updating regularly***]

Baskets: pristine condition since they're brand new.
Tees: concrete and solid foundation. (trapezoid shaped)
Tee Maps: crisp, large, and new!
Course Design: the general course design is well defined. The first 10 holes are in a forestry setting, then open up to a floodplain (open field). The nautical direction of the course leads south the hole 11 and back north to the parking lot.
Cons: Foliage/Maintenance: The fairway is well cut and groomed. Although, the fair can be thin at times or break into smaller paths. This is partly due to the courses final touches. Each time I return they seem to cut a little more grass to make a spacious fairway. They finally groomed their putting greens so it's starting to come together.
Practice Pin: the basket for warming up is not elevated, it literally sits on the ground. I find it a bit humorous.
No trash cans
No benches
Other Thoughts: Distance Variety: each hole length is fairly similar, averaging low 200's, giving several chances to birdie.
Shot Variety: a lot of straight shots are present, but don't take that too lightly, while the fairway isn't too narrow the trees have the tendency to keep you in check. Holes 11 & 18 have a strong curve that are kind to those that flick.
Elevation: The course utilizes the hills for the first 11 holes before leading to the floodplain. It adds some extra variety.
Water Hazards: There are definitely waterways to look at before throwing, always peak at the map.
Hole 11 I advise not to over throw, the basket sits very close to a waterway.
In The Rough: Depending on the hole/player skill, there are a few holes I recommend having a spotter to watch where your disc lands. If you don't land on the fairway, the grass is very tall, thick, and prickly. (bring bug spray, for the chiggers). I have yet to spot Poison Ivy or Oak but i'm still in the lookout.

Final Words: I would recommend this course for Beginners and Intermediates. I find it very useful to practice my mid range throws and putts. If you are a more advanced player, give it a try anyways, you'll never know til you play it.

Old School

1    4/10/2012   4/26/2012
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Brand new course with real tee pads and good signs.
Good use of the land given
Good use of the elevation for Texas
Plenty of parking
Cons: Short, I mean really short
What is up with that practice Basket??
No trees or obstacles on several of the back 9 holes. (which also means no shade)
Other Thoughts: This is fun little course on a small piece of land. The first several holes go in and around a wooded area. None of the holes are very long, however they are fun to throw.

It reminds me what what Disc Golf was when I first started. In fact, I threw my old school classic Roc on nearly every hole that I didn't throw my putter on.

Actually, hole 18 is the only hole I threw a driver on. (18 is a good hole BTW)

The only reason I can't recommend this course for the whole family right now is because the rough is VERY rough. So while I didn't throw off the fairway much, rookies will, specially kids.

MOW!

2-4    4/20/2012   4/25/2012
Review By: Scho
Pros: Some short ace runs. Good for beginners for the most part (see cons). Good for working on short game. Nice tee pads and new baskets.
Cons: Nothing is mowed except a 6 foot strip down the middle of the fairway. There were several times we pulled ticks off of us. This course took so long to play because if you do happen to run at a basket and go long or maybe a little left or right, you will spend time looking for your disc. This course needs some serious grooming. The lack of grooming really destroys what would be an excellent beginner course or a fun course for people looking to work on their short game and ace count. I will not be back.
Other Thoughts: I was looking forward to this course because my girlfriend recently started playing and I was hoping some shorter holes like this would solidify her interest in the game. However, we spent a ton of time scouring through tall grass looking for discs. I have found 2 discs that were not mine on this course both times I played. This also becomes a problem if you throw multiple discs. It simply needs grooming. Have I mentioned it needs to be mowed?

Nice short, technical course

1    4/4/2012   4/18/2012
Review By: matk26
Pros: Nice use of natural features and different lines make the short holes on this course interesting. As short as the holes are, you will not make par if you are not accurate. There are water hazards, trees, brush, and some nice elevation changes to keep you on your toes. The signs are well done and the course is easy to navigate. I took my 4 year old nephew with me and it was a great course for him to play too.
Cons: Its short as most of the reviews say. Also, there is some grooming that I assume will be taken care of the older this course gets. There are a few inaccuracies in the distances and obstacles. Also, the dog park near by can make for distractions and some interesting (if not smelly) obstacles.
Other Thoughts: I am happy Frisco made this course. Its nice to have a new course in the area and I always appreciate a community providing a nice course for us. I have been playing for over 10 years and while I am not a pro, I found this course challenging even for an intermediate experienced player. If you are wanting to work on your short game, playing with beginners, or just want a new course to play, don't pass up this course.

Ace Run Fun

5+    4/11/2012   4/11/2012
Review By: lajoie24
This review was updated on 4/12/2012
Pros: ***UPDATE-Played yesterday (4/11/12). The fairways and areas around the tee Pads and baskets have been mowed. They course also has a few trash bins-UPDATE***
Great Tee pads, incredible baskets and some wicked ace run looks! Really easy to navigate. I've been playing less than a year and my game still lacks a certain finesse/touch. This course is perfect to help refine those mid range skills. If you don't have a lot of time, you can usually get around this course pretty quick. We ran around it twice in just over an hour. I can easily see advanced players would get bored out here, but for the new throwers/game refiners/work in a new mid range or putter disc/warm up for Bill Allen down the road/just out to have a fun 18 crowd, it's sure not to disappoint.
Cons: As mentioned above, areas have been mowed. There still is an awful amount of brush to contend with. Its a great start, though. As short as the course is, there is still a moderate to high risk of losing a disc. I've found one each time I've played. The signs for each hole look great but a few of the footage measurements are off. I know one hole in particular that lists a basket 240ft away that is at least 300. I also noticed one of the signs incorrectly placed a water hazard behind a landmark rather than in front. That's the type of thing that can lighten one's bag. Be aware of the meandering organic soup on the back nine. I'm not sure if this includes some run off from the local dog park, but it makes for some nasty retrieving.
Other Thoughts: You can leave the big bags, seats and the strollers in the car. All you need for this course is 3 or 4 discs tops.