Frisco, TX
Dash's Track Share
Uploaded By: lavon_andy Hole #6 (Taken 3/2012)

Short and sweet

5+    8/13/2012   8/13/2012
Review By: slickmitch
Pros: Thrilling ace runs, and not to long. Mostly a short game/putting course. Nice replacement for the old Bill Allen course. Quick play after work when the sun is going down is quite nice. The picnic table was a nice addition.
Cons: Burrs, Chiggers and lack of trash cans. Bring your Off. Where is the pole for the practice basket.
Other Thoughts: Perfect course for the late game after work. Chances for multiple ace games.

Don't waste your time

1    10/14/2011   8/3/2012
Review By: yourmomrhymes
Pros: nice putting practice
Cons: roughs are rough... lost a disc in the tall grass..
Course is not difficult, but because of the tall grass, you can not take out a newbie.
Other Thoughts: Pretty much nothing good about this course.
Grass is overgrown, holes are way to easy.
Don't waste your time here, go somewhere else

Not Impressed

1    7/19/2012   8/1/2012
Review By: zenvita
Pros: Very close to where I live. Short course with potential. Enjoyed the front 9 and thought i found a gem.
Cons: Needs to be manicured. Dangerous course with no upkeep and the back 9 showed painful. Gave up after losing disc in weeds taller than Shaq.
Other Thoughts: Wish they would clean this up. Would love to play this course regularly

Short and tight, but not managed well

1    4/1/2012   6/3/2012
Review By: alweitner
Pros: Some tricky and technical shots makes shooting for Birdie on each whole a challenge but rather thrilling.

1-9 Clean and managed well. The tight cuts and the unique drop makes the front 9 worth playing.
Cons: If the course is managed properly and fairways have a wide enough birth, the course could be a great quick warm up course. But the last time we played the snakes were bad enough that I lost the desire to finish the back 9.

10-18- The overgrown grass posed a health risk; I couldn't see the snake I nearly stepped on, it rattled, I jumped and ran!!

The hole with the moat that hugs the backside of the basket seems rather precarious (it's where I met my venomous buddy). A small bridge to get to other side would help and alleviate the need to search up and down the sewer water bank for a possible crossing (its back towards the basket for the next hole, for reference).

I took my wife to play this course, unlikely I will get her to venture back out there with me.
Other Thoughts: Mow the grass, clean up the moat and create a buzz around a fun, quick, technical mid-range course. It would be ideal to play Dash then Bill Allen.

Putt Putt Golf

1    5/27/2012   5/28/2012
Review By: IIwnimII
Pros: Ace Run shots, clean fairway, and nice signs. History Buffs can get a feel of the area with facts about Dash the horse on the welcome sign.
Cons: Very short shots, again putt putt golf, burs outside the fairway, be prepared to pick hundreds of them off yourself if you go in the ruff or trees, i like water holes but the water there is stagnate and muggy
Other Thoughts: Why is there is practice basket without the post?!

Fun Easy Course

1    5/25/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: JeffWC15
Pros: Good fun course! I have only been playing for a few weeks now so this course was good for me and I actually shot even par. More advance players will probably shoot 8 to 12 under on this course. Previous reviewer needs to drive north of the dog park and park in the baseballs fields bu the course sign. Fun fast course!
Cons: Could have more holes over 300 feet. There are some places where the grass was long but I had no problems finding my disk.

Short and Sweet

2-4    5/23/2012   5/25/2012
Review By: Lorider680
Pros: -The signs and flow of the course is very easy, no map necessary.(I had to park at the dog park and insert at hole 16 with no problems.) The baskets are in good condition and there are a couple of trash cans.
-No crowds. I only encountered one other duo playing.
-A very quick play. I played 3 rounds back-to-back in about 2 hours.
Cons: -A little to simple. There is no need to carry your disc bag for this course. A midrange and driver are all you need.
-Grass is still a very big obstacle. As with alot of new courses, the path the mower takes is the path you need to land on. Some of the shag is knee high and the rest is shin high. I recommend bringing back up plastic as your starting rotation won't be needed.
Other Thoughts: Overall a fun quick course to pass time. There was a bee hive around hole 12 or 13 that you can hear pretty easily. The power lines you throw under are live and you can hear them crackle.(It scared me out of a tomahawk throw on 2 occasions.

Dash's Track

1    5/20/2012   5/20/2012
Review By: climber3201
Pros: Good for beginners. I like the dog park next to it. Ruff!
Cons: Grass is used as an obstacle on several holes. The holes are very short, except hole 18, which comes as a surprise. Very easy to beat par on this course. With good puts, most holes make for an easy birdie, and there are several ace opportunities.
Other Thoughts: Why is it named after a horse?

Solid Learning Curve

5+    4/30/2012   4/30/2012
Review By: grantfree035
Pros: [My pros and cons are very objective, I take a deeper analysis of the course in other thoughts. Will be updating regularly***]

Baskets: pristine condition since they're brand new.
Tees: concrete and solid foundation. (trapezoid shaped)
Tee Maps: crisp, large, and new!
Course Design: the general course design is well defined. The first 10 holes are in a forestry setting, then open up to a floodplain (open field). The nautical direction of the course leads south the hole 11 and back north to the parking lot.
Cons: Foliage/Maintenance: The fairway is well cut and groomed. Although, the fair can be thin at times or break into smaller paths. This is partly due to the courses final touches. Each time I return they seem to cut a little more grass to make a spacious fairway. They finally groomed their putting greens so it's starting to come together.
Practice Pin: the basket for warming up is not elevated, it literally sits on the ground. I find it a bit humorous.
No trash cans
No benches
Other Thoughts: Distance Variety: each hole length is fairly similar, averaging low 200's, giving several chances to birdie.
Shot Variety: a lot of straight shots are present, but don't take that too lightly, while the fairway isn't too narrow the trees have the tendency to keep you in check. Holes 11 & 18 have a strong curve that are kind to those that flick.
Elevation: The course utilizes the hills for the first 11 holes before leading to the floodplain. It adds some extra variety.
Water Hazards: There are definitely waterways to look at before throwing, always peak at the map.
Hole 11 I advise not to over throw, the basket sits very close to a waterway.
In The Rough: Depending on the hole/player skill, there are a few holes I recommend having a spotter to watch where your disc lands. If you don't land on the fairway, the grass is very tall, thick, and prickly. (bring bug spray, for the chiggers). I have yet to spot Poison Ivy or Oak but i'm still in the lookout.

Final Words: I would recommend this course for Beginners and Intermediates. I find it very useful to practice my mid range throws and putts. If you are a more advanced player, give it a try anyways, you'll never know til you play it.

Old School

1    4/10/2012   4/26/2012
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Brand new course with real tee pads and good signs.
Good use of the land given
Good use of the elevation for Texas
Plenty of parking
Cons: Short, I mean really short
What is up with that practice Basket??
No trees or obstacles on several of the back 9 holes. (which also means no shade)
Other Thoughts: This is fun little course on a small piece of land. The first several holes go in and around a wooded area. None of the holes are very long, however they are fun to throw.

It reminds me what what Disc Golf was when I first started. In fact, I threw my old school classic Roc on nearly every hole that I didn't throw my putter on.

Actually, hole 18 is the only hole I threw a driver on. (18 is a good hole BTW)

The only reason I can't recommend this course for the whole family right now is because the rough is VERY rough. So while I didn't throw off the fairway much, rookies will, specially kids.