Tualatin, OR
Tualatin Community DGC Share
Uploaded By: Disc Dog Hole #2 (Taken 4/2012)

Great place to play

1    3/8/2016   3/8/2016
Review By: Paragon29er
Pros: Manicured lawn
Obvious attention to detail (colored baskets correspond with score sheet)
Clean, no trash
Wide open for beginners
Great use of a limited area to get 15 holes in
Cons: Short
Crossing fairways, head on a swivel when busy
Fear of busting into flames, I'm not baptized
People having ZERO respect for the property
Other Thoughts: Great little course. Wish I still lived in the area as I would like it to be my home course. Each basket is painted to match the score card. The score card is at hole #1 and the tee boxes and baskets are pretty much spot on to the actual location. Pat on the back to whomever made it. It's impossible to get lost or turned around unless your drunk or high.

Which brings to my next point. It's private property, have some respect. Today, I saw a group blazing in the parking lot before their round. Then during the round they had to stop and smoke up again on the property.

It's on church property so you don't have to worry about muggles in the afternoon after they wake from their chemical dependency. I would shy away during busy times with the crossing fairways. The garden and parking lot are treated as hazards and they did come into play for me which was fun and frustrating. Hole 5 goes across the parking lot. It's short but can be tricky if cars are parked there. Like today when a Tahoe was parked directly in front of with a person looking at her phone paying not attention. She just pulled in, stopped in the middle of the lot. I threw a hyzer around her vehicle and got within a couple feet of the basket. Of course, as I was walking to the the basket, she drove off. Meh, good practice for me.

Anyway, the designer packed a lot of fun into a small area. Plays short and wayward shots can be recovered from easily. I went during the week in winter so no one else except the stoners. Remember, be respectful of other peoples property.

Accident waiting to happen

1    2/15/2016   2/17/2016
Review By: Pierparknut
This review was updated on 7/2/2016
Pros: -This course is a 15-hole course that plays safari-style with many shared baskets and teepads, and lots of crossing fairways on a small church property. Given the land size restriction, they made the best with what they had.
-Part of the land is on a hill, making for interesting shots. Mature trees make it a really nice property. All types of holes are featured at this course, from ace runs to doglegs, to uphill par fours.
-Maps are available near the first tee.
-It's the only course in the area. It's nice that the church welcomed the community and put a course here.
-Tee signs on every hole and numbers on every basket help with navigation. Still, you really need the map to find your way.
-The baskets are color-coded per the map, so make sure to use it, or you'll be crazily confused. They have the hole numbers that use each basket (2 or 3 holes per basket) on the pole.
-The grass was mowed and the course dry in the winter.
Cons: -At the front of every teepad, there's a little PVC pipe with a sign sticking out of the ground, telling you which tee it is for. And I mean RIGHT in front of the teepad. The poles stick about 3 feet up. It took me half the round before I figured out you can remove them.
-Be careful. The fairways criss-cross in a crazy fashion. Watch out for other players. You might be throwing at the same basket as someone else. When I played it was just my group and one other group, and we had to wait for each other multiple times. If it were busy, it would be one crazy, unsafe mess.
-Between the garden shed windows, people working in the garden, the church windows, the road, and cars in the parking lot, it seemed as if every hole I had to play safe to avoid doing damage. I understand they tried to do the best with the property they had, but I almost think a 9 hole pitch and putt would work better here, with the option to play a safari course if you're the only one there.
-Hole 5 plays over half the parking lot. DON'T park on that back half of the lot if you care about your car windows. Park as near to the entrance as possible.
-The teepads were a mish-mash of natural, rubber mats, and concrete (parking lot). Many of them were not level.
Other Thoughts: -I enjoyed my round here, but I was one of the only people here on a weekday afternoon. I wouldn't dare coming on weekends. If it were crowded it would be impossible to have any fun.
-I really appreciate how the church supports a disc golf course here, and I honestly can't imagine that they haven't had a window broken or a gardener hit by a disc or a churchgoers' car window broken. It just seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Fun Little Throw At This Friendly Church!

1    6/18/2013   6/25/2013
This review was updated on 6/29/2013
Pros: It's nice of the folks from the church to welcome the disc golf community to their little recreational course here. I hope the disc golfers always present themselves in a good manner.

The course features 7 baskets, each painted a different color (Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple, White and Yellow) playing 15 holes. Maps are available at the corner of the parking lot near the church building. The tees and baskets are set up in this color coordinated fashion so use the map or else you'll be helplessly lost.

The church's property has this wonderful slope and mature trees making it an ideal (although small) area to build a course on. There is a flower/vegetable garden in the center of the property that is OB.

The holes range from 175' to 515' and feature ACE runs, uphill shots, long downhill blind shots. There's quite a bit of variety for such a small piece of property.
Cons: I do have a couple of safety concerns. The ladies working in the garden can be in harm's way. # 7 is a long blind throw which could easily sail into the garden area. You might want to skip this hole when someone is working in the garden.

# 9 also throws up and over the garden.

The church's windows on # 8 are definitely in danger of being hit by an errant throw.

There are crossing fairways so be extra careful when others are on the course with you.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun and enjoyable little throw. Be really careful when ladies are present in the garden. Throw a roller. At the very least, give them a shout out! I'm not sure what having a spotter here would accomplish. Skipping the hole is a much better alternative when they're working.

Not Bad!

1    7/4/2012   11/9/2012
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Right in the middle of Tualatin
-Now plays 15 holes
-Grass always manicured
-Variety of throws
-Usage of hills
Cons: -Right in the middle of Tualatin
-Lots of back and forth
-Not set up for numerous parties
Other Thoughts: All in all I was decently surprised when I played this course with my girlfriend. We happened to be in the area and had some time to kill so we played the full 15. There is a beautiful garden right in the middle of the course, so be careful with your throws! When we played there was a lot of traffic so the thought of hitting a car with a disc was always in the back of my head as well. I will def be back to play it again.

5+    4/27/2012   4/12/2012
Review By: JMONEY
This review was updated on 4/28/2012
Pros: Maps and scorecard available by hole #1, Maintained garden as OB, manicured lawn with a couple large decidous trees that will challenge most skill levels with elevation changes and distance holes and best of all its free!
Cons: Course design/layout causing potential risks.
Other Thoughts: More is not always better in this case. Full use of the land is definitely apparent with fairways crossing parking lots and each other. All four corners and all four sides of the block is used. Dont let this course fool you the length of some holes are challenging and I suggest a spotter when teeing off from hole#7 and #14. Volunteers that work in the garden have been hit by discs lately!! Hence the spotter.This is a course that is great for most skill levels of play for a quick fix of DG.

Like others have mentioned I have seen discs hit the church and its only a matter of time before a window is broken. The course gets used but more than two groups playing the course consider it crowded and start yelling fore! Lots of high risk factors that can result in damages to homes, buildings, parked cars, traffic in the right of way and pedestrians.
I'm happy there is a quick fix available on my way home from work now!!

UPDATE
==================================
They have recently added reflective collars with numbers on each basket, much easier to navigate the course now. I did talk to the Son-in-Law who lives on site and gave him some feedback.This is a work in progress course and the work done since I reviewed it has bumped up my rating as well.

Good use of available space

1    4/7/2012   4/9/2012
Review By: Disc Dog
Pros: This course was put up at a church in order to give locals a place to safely play (I spoke with a church member that was there setting up for their Easter Service). The course uses the available land very well. It plays up, down, and across the hill the church sits on. It uses the trees, buildings, and terrain as obstacles.

The person who set it up did well with what he/she had.

The longest throw is over 400 ft (uphill) and the shortest at about 150 feet, so there are places for you to crank it and an ace run or 2.

The grounds are well maintained and are mostly grass.

There were several people playing and I was informed that the course gets very consistent use. I can believe it.

They use DGA Mach 5's except the one on 9 which is a Innova Discather Pro portable version.

They were very imaginative and did well to get what they did out of this.
Cons: The tees are dirt and marked by a board with the hole number on it and a flag to identify it. But are in no way groomed and a couple are a bit awkward. Someone dug up 14 and it is not safe to use as of this writing.

Traffic is on 2 sides of the course, so an errant throw could be an issue with both the vehicles and the pedestrian traffic that was steady.

They use the buildings well for obstacles but it is only a matter of time before a disc goes through a window.

Lots of criss-crossing so be aware of those around you.

To play the course as laid out you will need the map or its hopeless.
Other Thoughts: All in all I had a good time and if I lived locally would play it consistently.

I have played a good number of these backyard/church courses and this one is as good as any.

If in the area and you want a quick game this will do well. Or if you want to practice putt and approach or rollers it would work well.

Local and Fun

2-4    4/7/2012   4/7/2012
Review By: runnaman
Pros:
- This is a fun course with a nice variety of of elevation shots.

- Nice variety of distance shots and short "par 2"

- Baskets are nice. All are Mach IIIs except for one Discatcher Sport.
Cons:
- Almost all of the holes are open or have just one tree in the fairway.

- The fairways cross, which isn't too bad if you're the only person out there (which I was when I played), but if there is anyone else it could get dangerous.
Other Thoughts: I live in Sherwood so it's nice to have a course nearby even though it's not spectacular. I can still see myself coming here once a week in the summer to practice.

If you're in the area, I would suggest checking it out.