Gilbert, AZ
Marbella Vineyards Share
Uploaded By: Deke Guff   (Taken 3/2014)

A Hidden retreat!

2-4    9/25/2015   9/25/2015
Review By: JNichols
Pros: First off, being in a Subdivision, I would expect an HOA course to have ALL holes under 300ft. NOT the case here. This is a LONG 9 hole course. There is also the room for it. At almost 3000ft for 9 holes, I don't get the people saying it is short. It is also lightly wooded with basket placements taking advantage of available trees to add something to most holes here. A Huge plus on this course is that it is Grass and there IS Plenty of shade for play on hot days. All but 1 hole (#2) utilize sidewalk for tee pads, so good footing is easy enough. Nice DGA (I believe Mach 2) baskets on every hole. Most tee pad areas are up and elevated, along with basket placements, too. You do get the feeling of some elevation here, even if it isn't much. Also, just a Very Nice, quiet setting. Been to this course a few times now and not run into Anyone else. The #9 basket is feet away from the #1 tee if you want to practice putting before your round. All in all, there are a lot of nice things about this 9 holer. Mowed, manicured, and clean.
Cons: Biggest, I would say is no signage whatsoever. You have to use the course map to navigate. Most baskets do skirt the edge of the green belt/park. Wild throws need to be kept under control, although it is kinda hard for a wild throw to escape to far. Hole #8 basket IS right next to the park playground, so CHECK before you throw hole #8 for little ones on the playground.
Other Thoughts: For what this course is, you can't ask for much more. It is a Nice place to throw! The holes are thought out, make use of the available land well, and are fairly long for an HOA course. Hole 6 is over 500ft! No, it is not a championship level course, but it is worth the stop to play, in my opinion. Also only 10-15 minutes from some other Great courses. With some signage, and alternate basket locations, this course could be pretty awesome.

Safari Course But Where's The Vineyard?

1    5/26/2013   5/29/2013
Pros: Marbella DGC is set in a lovely little community park that features a children's play area at one end. The park had lush green grass here in late May and is set in a kind of a bowl with some trees around the perimeter. There are nine DGA baskets scattered mostly around the outer parts of the park. They don't have a number plate although a hole number is taped to the center pole. The # 1 basket is the only basket that is set more to the inside of the park.
Cons: I could find no signs of any tee pads or worn areas where anyone had recently been teeing off from. I doubt very much whether this course gets much use.
I played early on a Sunday morning and the sprinklers were on and had flooded one corner so badly that I went ahead and took my shoes and socks off and played the course bare footed.
Other Thoughts: If I lived close, I'd play safari or I'd download the PDGA map that another reviewer previously mentioned. There is a little elevation around the outer edges that might give you some interesting throws. The park is lovely and I'm for courses anywhere. And I think if you lived here, you'd have this course mostly to yourself, so it would be like having your very own little private disc golf course in your back yard. Complete with professional yard care!

1    4/11/2013   4/11/2013
Review By: Psicko
Pros: The DG course was in a nice neighborhood. The course has nice baskets in a well taken grassy area with a few trees in play. You can make up some interesting safari holes.
Cons: The course was short, I couldn't find tees. Uninteresting.
Other Thoughts: I think that is it cool that subdivisions are putting in DG courses. ALthough I would never travel far for one. I was in the area, so I decided to give it a shot. If Ilived in the subdivision, it would be a good practice course.

1    6/15/2012   7/19/2012
Review By: CaliZac89
Pros: Baskets.
No one else at park.
Cons: Short.
Did I mention that it's really short?
No tees or markers.
Neighboring houses full of people who want absolute silence.

Other Thoughts: Its just 9 baskets set up in a greenbelt.
Nice area to practice midrange shots and putts.
Not worth a long drive to course.
Probably won't go back..

Short, but it exists!

2-4    1/3/2012   5/31/2012
Review By: Sunday Mike
Pros: There are really nice baskets here.
The park is really well kept.
Lots of opportunity for making up your own holes.
It's a disc golf course.
Cons: There are no signs here at all. I found a map for this course on the PDGA website. Use that if you go.
The course is very short.
Most of the shots are wide open, but #9 played from the park has an interesting "tunnel" to shoot from.
This is a subdivision and I don't think they really want people coming to play it...with that in mind there is NO parking. I had to find a "spot" in a little gravel turnaround across the street from Tee #1.
Other Thoughts: Many subdivisions here in the Phoenix area have large "park-like" areas that are perfect for setting up a few baskets. While this course is not the best, it still exists. I hope more subdivisions take the lead from Marbella Vineyards and add baskets to their parks. The more courses the merrier!!

Not Much

5+    3/28/2012   3/28/2012
Review By: Valktastic
- Open Course
- Easy to access and play
- Good baskets
- Trees and a little elevation make it a little fun
- No crowds or people ever there
- Shouldn't lose any discs
- Short
- No signs or tee pads
- Simple design
Other Thoughts: Great place to throw if you are close but, I wouldn't go out of my way to play this course. If you are near-by it is great for just tossing the disc and practicing. If you have a beginner or kids then this is a good one to just play casually or introduce someone new to the sport.