Grand Rapids, MI
Earl W. Brewer Park - South Share
Uploaded By: FredV Hole #4 (Taken 7/2012)
3 / 331ft.   3 / 331ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Brewer Park

1    6/26/2012   7/6/2012
Review By: catkiller12
Pros: 1) A great place to work on long distance driving.

2) The fairways are nicely mowed, which makes them unmistakable and presents a clear path to the basket.

3) There are a few shots that go through wooded areas, but for the most part, the majority of the holes are in open areas, which can be nice for beginners.

4) I liked the tees on this course. Mostly because they are concrete and the signage for the hole was carved into wood plaques.
Cons: 1) The grass off the fairways was tall when I played there. Sometimes the wind caught my discs and sent them off to who knows where. Spent some time looking among the grass for my drivers, which reminded me of looking for my baseballs in cow fields as a kid.

2) The signage could have been a little better when determining where the next hole is located.

3) Someone spent their time stapling business cards to the wooden signs on some of the tees. Really? Don't treat the signage as your personal billboard.

4) Found it annoying when kids would come up to me and the guys I was with trying to sell us discs they had picked up off the course.
Other Thoughts: Overall I really liked this course. I wouldn't hesitate going back again. Check it out. You'll most likely enjoy yourself.