I didn't actually see the bluff!
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Not a bad small town 9 hole course.
2) Water in play on the island hole as well as 2 other holes which is not seen frequently in WI for some reason or another.
3) Large boulders mark each tee so it helps in navigation.
4) Nice use of the trees on 4-5 of the holes. There are a couple unique holes here which is nice and the trees and water are an integral part of this because there is no elevation, minimal distance variation, etc, etc, etc.
5) Great short family course right near Devils Lake State Park which sees a lot of families for camping and what not.
Cons: 1) Boulders do not have the Hole # on them so there is no easyw a to figure out what hole goes where. I think I figured it out but there were a couple times the layout feet wkward.
2) Island hole is cool but only 100' long. It would be nice if the signature holes was more than just a jump put or an upshot.
3) DIscatchers must have come from a course that got taken out because I cannot believe those chains are already rusting. Perhaps there is
4) Not enough distance variation to be interesting. They are all putter, or mid-range shots, perhaps a driver or two by choice, but overwhelmingly beginner friendly.
5) Grass tees are always a negative even if the grass is in perfect condition. Better than mulch or gravel, but not as good as concrete.
6) No tee signs, no course sign, no rules sign, no benches, no garbage cans, no amenities of any kind . . . just a gas station to go and buy refreshments.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed myself despite the drawbacks of this course. it may have been just another course played but I see the character of this course and how it will certainly introduce some of the small town kids to give the game a shot. It is a perfect beginner friendly course and for that reason alone I still like that this course exists.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.