Tampa, FL
22nd St. Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: JimW Hole #1 (Taken 4/2012)

Natural Florida at some of it's best!

1    12/25/2013   12/25/2013
Review By: Marcwrosejr
Pros: Ok, I would give this course an actual rating of 2.75 but since it's not an option and I think if I were to go 2.5 it would be to low. This is natural Florida at some of it's best. The live oaks are beautiful and some of the holes run next to the Hillsborough River.

I think they did a great job in using the trees to defend the holes. I wouldn't classify the lanes as open nor would I say there narrow, there pretty nice in my opinion. The oaks provide most of the obstacles, #8 is really the only one hole with brush around it.

The course is only 9 pins and they use multiple tees to turn this into and 18 hole course.
Cons: There are several tee signs missing. The natural pads are well worn out, I couldn't find #17's pad. A couple of signs are inaccurate. The flow isn't the worst but it could've been better.

No restrooms, water fountains or concessions.
Other Thoughts: It's an enjoyable course with great natural beauty. I will come to play here upon my next visit in Temple Terrace. There's also a course near USF I would recommend as well.

Natural Beauty

1    11/17/2012   11/17/2012
Review By: davmer2303
Pros: I feel very lucky to read about and then get to play this very pretty course in Tampa, Fl. The course parallels the lovely, Hillsborough river and contains many challenging shots. I really enjoyed holes 2 to 5, and nine was a nice finisher. The course asks for hyzer, anhyzer, long and low shots. Really is a good place to practice shotmaking in a very pretty setting...There are holes ranging from 250 to 700 ft. so you really get to use every disc in the bag. I really enjoyed the varied opportunities found here....
Cons: Hole one is 700 ft. and just starts in a huge open field. with all the nice area around, I'm confused why this would be, but at least it gives you a chance to go for everything you have. There is confusion between holes 6 to 8. I accidentally played to the 8 basket from the 6th tee, and had to backtrack and redo it. It wont be a problem the second time, but was confusing at first.
Other Thoughts: The baskets are nice, but seemed a bit low in comparison to other courses. Maybe not a con, but see what you think. Overall, its a beautiful course that is definitely worth checking out. I would have given it a three and a half if not for the strange layout around 6 to 8....