Tampa, FL
22nd St. Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: JimW Hole #9 (Taken 4/2012)

Natural Florida at some of it's best!

1    12/25/2013   12/25/2013
Review By: Marcwrosejr
Pros: Ok, I would give this course an actual rating of 2.75 but since it's not an option and I think if I were to go 2.5 it would be to low. This is natural Florida at some of it's best. The live oaks are beautiful and some of the holes run next to the Hillsborough River.

I think they did a great job in using the trees to defend the holes. I wouldn't classify the lanes as open nor would I say there narrow, there pretty nice in my opinion. The oaks provide most of the obstacles, #8 is really the only one hole with brush around it.

The course is only 9 pins and they use multiple tees to turn this into and 18 hole course.
Cons: There are several tee signs missing. The natural pads are well worn out, I couldn't find #17's pad. A couple of signs are inaccurate. The flow isn't the worst but it could've been better.

No restrooms, water fountains or concessions.
Other Thoughts: It's an enjoyable course with great natural beauty. I will come to play here upon my next visit in Temple Terrace. There's also a course near USF I would recommend as well.

Natural Beauty

1    11/17/2012   11/17/2012
Review By: davmer2303
Pros: I feel very lucky to read about and then get to play this very pretty course in Tampa, Fl. The course parallels the lovely, Hillsborough river and contains many challenging shots. I really enjoyed holes 2 to 5, and nine was a nice finisher. The course asks for hyzer, anhyzer, long and low shots. Really is a good place to practice shotmaking in a very pretty setting...There are holes ranging from 250 to 700 ft. so you really get to use every disc in the bag. I really enjoyed the varied opportunities found here....
Cons: Hole one is 700 ft. and just starts in a huge open field. with all the nice area around, I'm confused why this would be, but at least it gives you a chance to go for everything you have. There is confusion between holes 6 to 8. I accidentally played to the 8 basket from the 6th tee, and had to backtrack and redo it. It wont be a problem the second time, but was confusing at first.
Other Thoughts: The baskets are nice, but seemed a bit low in comparison to other courses. Maybe not a con, but see what you think. Overall, its a beautiful course that is definitely worth checking out. I would have given it a three and a half if not for the strange layout around 6 to 8....

2nd chances

2-4    4/17/2015   5/3/2012
Review By: The Miniac
This review was updated on 7/20/2015
Pros: Gorgeous canopy of mature live oaks bordering the Hillsborough river. Blue Mach 5 baskets and solid tee signs and course map. Some benches.
New long & grippy concrete tee pads.
Much of the course is shaded in the mature oaks canopy, which is a bonus in our 10-month long summers.
Cons: The course is listed as 18 holes even though there are only 9 baskets with 2 sets of tees. For me, the litmus test for how many holes a course has is simple... how many groups can play the course at one time? If your answer is "9", it's a 9-holer.

Some of the multiple tees play very differently. Others not so much. If you can't consistently throw 400' in a field, you may have trouble scoring on this course. With the extra length on some of the holes, errant shots stand a greater chance of going into an opposing fairway.

The neighborhood is no country club. I never had an issue, but I've talked to people who have. Stay alert!
Other Thoughts: Some of the course recently underwent a re-design, which addressed some of the earlier flow issues, which were also removed from this review.
Originally over 700', the 1st hole has moved back another 200' to start your round at a whopping 900'! So show up...warmed up!

There is still a bit of back-tracking in one or two places, but a new area that had seemingly been overlooked (actually disallowed) is now in play and makes for a couple of interesting and very reachable shots. A steep drainage ditch bordering these new holes was smoothed out and sodded and more benches adorn the park.

The signs are being replaced and several of the tees will swap from 'front-9' to 'back-9' to make it easier for first-timers to find their way around.
Tees 1-9 will be on the right and tees 10-18 will be on the left.

A very conducive piece of property for disc golf, but the average hole length definitely speaks to the power player.

That said, it's still a nice walk through a scenic area while tossing some plastic.