Course Extinct
Petersham, MA
Ross's Run Share
Uploaded By: solomon.trenton Hole #11 (Taken 4/2012)
-- / --   3 / 535ft.   3 / 535ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #11 Approach

Fun New Course

1    5/31/2012   5/31/2012
Review By: Schneau
Pros: This course has a nice mix of wide open holes and technical woods shots. Some of the open drives over ball golf fairways are the longest and cleanest I've seen in the area, especially two or three long downhill drives that are just gorgeous. Quite a few of the holes stand out as memorable, including the huge downhill drive on 11 and the combination tight drive / open approach on 18.
Cons: If you stay on the fairway you'll be fine, but there tends to be very dense and thorny foliage just off the fairway on many holes. Since many of the holes have narrow fairways, this lead to quite a few forays into the underbrush to retrieve lost discs.
Other Thoughts: I definitely found this course to favor RHBH throwers, with not many reasons to breakout my forehand. The ball golfers never were in the way while we were playing.

worth the trip

1    5/19/2012   5/20/2012
Review By: siekman123
Pros: designed by ball golfers, so it has a professional type feel. signage good in general. great fun to unleash on a couple ball golf fairways holes 11-15 fantastic. #5 has to be best hole
Cons: the woods sections need some work. great job clearing out, but its very uneven and tough to walk through. also very easy to lose a disk here..thick thorny woods=lost blizzard boss
Other Thoughts: great potential here. lots of flexibility with holes, will only get better with time. great work done all around completely worth the trip

DG + Beer + Golf Carts = Hell Yes

2-4    4/28/2012   5/2/2012
Review By: Dylan Courtney
Pros: Ross's Run, named after famous golf course designer Donald Ross, flows through and around a 9 hole ball golf course. There are of course areas where the two sports intersect but it was executed much better then the only other BG/DG course I have played: The now extinct Emerald Isle in Oceanside, CA.

Laid back and unpretentious country club (steamed hot dogs, bud cans, etc.)

Half the holes are over 400 ft, but only a few are on wide open golf fairways. Good mix of wooded technical shots and a few all-out bombers.

Beautiful scenery including the landscaping, natural edges, and wildlife. In one day we saw 4 hawks (flying above #14 tee), 1 Porcupine (#6 tee), and 2 snakes (#9 path).

Golf Carts! They are gas powered and awesome if you are trying to fit 3 rounds in like we were. If you are imbibing, it's a no brainer. There are only a few places where you park the cart to play a hole, and then return to the cart.
Cons: Although the course is new and will surely improve with maintenance and foot traffic, thorns will always be an issue at this course for poor shots. They have every kind big and small. I would have to play this course 10 more times before I dared to wear shorts.
Other Thoughts: Hole 11 is an "empty the bag" hole for me. Best tee pad surface I have thrown from. I had my longest shot ever on the 2nd round: 520ft drive, then 15ft putt for the birdie. Mind you I can only throw low 400s, so the huge hill can add 100ft to your throw. After round 3, we emptied the bags on this hole after we finished 18 since we had the cart.

They are experimenting with different tee pad surfaces right now including manicured grass BG tees, two different types of Vibram rubber tees, and some gravel ones. Hopefully they go with the Hole 11 rubber. The grass ones are great too but only work on holes that start where BG starts and would get slick in rain of course.

We did not experience any conflict or waiting around for BGers, but it was windy and not very crowded.

This course will improve quickly. They have already made changes to the course since I played 4 days ago after receiving feedback on our regional forum, including myself. A couple of 'Cons' have already been addressed; hence I have very little in that category.

disc golf meets ball golf

5+    4/24/2012   4/25/2012
Review By: psullivan9854
Pros: Located on a beautifully maintained and scenic ball golf course. Good signage that provides adequate hole info and hole to hole directions. Good mix of shots..some long bombers, 225 ft water carry, some nice eleavation changes.
Has a Pro shop, food and drink onsite.
**Golf cart rental, great for multiple rounds, cooler etc
Cons: Not alot of tight wooded shots- Is that a con???
Currently has a mixture of teebox surfaces; Vibram rubber material, all weather carpet, crushed aggregate, clay/dirt mix etc. They are experimenting.....
Other Thoughts: Fulltime groundskeepers are constantly cleaning and improving the course. Every time I visit it just keeps getting better and better.