Reedsville, WI
Rollin Ridge Share
Uploaded By: koogs Hole #8 (Taken 6/2012)

Water hazards on course but bring your own water

1    5/10/2015   5/12/2015
Review By: Maxrosen
Pros: Facilities:
-putting and driving warm up area at pro shop
-nice bathrooms and bar area
-decent supply of discs for sale
-amazing signage
-easy to navagate through course
-excellent mixture of long hole, technical holes, short holes, forehand holes, and backhand holes
-probably the best tee pads I've used and each hole had multiple sets for short, medium, and long course
-benches and other craftsmen work on each hole make this course worth that $5
-trees make most shots challenging
-awesome scorecards-- make sure you get the right card for your level of play
Cons: -see Other
-Just minutes after posting this-- the defensive bartender replied to me via personal message "Bathrooms at the ridge have water buddy!!!!"... not very professional. Maybe they should put that on a sign so the bartender doesn't get bothered by a silly question
Other Thoughts: So the course loses a half star in the rating because of service... We didn't have much water when we got there and they didn't have a water fountain... Weird, right? So we asked the lady at the bar for some and they didn't serve water-- tap or bottled. She was actually kind of pissed we even asked. If you want to provide a 5-star course, you 100% need 5-star service and unfortunately they didn't deliver that to me especially someone from out of town.

Disc Golf Course Standard

1    9/11/2013   4/19/2015
Review By: Money_Shot
This review was updated on 4/27/2015
Pros: -This course has all the amenities you could honestly want at a disc golf course ,
Clearly a lot of effort was put into this course, with great craftsmanship throughout. Hands down the most effort I think I have seen in any course I have ever played.
-3 pads to multiple basket locations on every hole, making a ridiculous amount of combination courses you could throw together. This is not one of those courses that has a short pad that is almost pointless to throw from, each pad presents its own challenge and look at the different baskets. Very impressive variety.
-The course is well maintained and has garbages, benches etc throughout.
-the clubhouse has a disc shop, a bar with a pool table and a nice lounging area. Very nice.
Cons: -Scenery - The course as a whole does not offer the greatest scenery. For the most part you are in the thick of trees and when you are out in the open you have fields to look at. This is strictly nit picking, trying to find something I can put as a negative.
-Fun factor - Although this course offers tons of shots and angles, all said and done I didn't walk away from it thinking I just had to play it again. Don't get me wrong, it was a great course and I will definitely go to play it again, but although this course towers well above some of my other favorite courses pound for pound, I just felt it wasn't quite as fun as some of the others. If that makes any sense.
Other Thoughts: This course sets the developmental standard for organized disc golf. If you were to project the future of disc golf, it's clear that the course would be pictured much like Rolling Ridge. I want to add that Rolling Ridge is not my favorite course and was not even my favorite course on my WI road disc trip in 2013. However, I do understand that what makes a course the best is appealing to all levels of skill and Rolling Ridge not only offers hole distances and designs that appeal to all caliber of players, it does it with class and style that is not seen in any course I have researched or played. It is the closest feel to a regular golf course you will get in disc golf, except without the snobby attitudes. This place still does breed disc golf culture. There is a reason this course is rated top 10 in the nation, it deserves it as it is a progressive step forward from all other courses. Great course, you should play it yesterday already.

Fantastic Course

2-4    3/22/2015   3/22/2015
Review By: aegolius14
Pros: The variety in length and difficulty, the clubhouse, but most importantly the people that run it make Rollin' Ridge probably the best course I've played so far.
Cons: The only complaint I have is the red color of the baskets, which is difficult to see in the woods for colorblind people like me.
Other Thoughts: Definitely a goto course for anyone visiting the area!

too much awesomeness

5+    3/20/2015   3/20/2015
Review By: gdbeams
Pros: Awesome upon awesome
Good looks
Some insane distances
Cons: A little too far away from oshkosh. Would like to play it more
Other Thoughts: Bogie will need several belly rubs
Bring a lunch and stay all day.Give your pay to play dollars a challenge

Great Course

2-4    6/28/2014   3/13/2015
Review By: discgolfchampion
Pros: Awesome tee pads! 3 pads and pin locations per hole!
Variety of holes, varrying from heavily wooded, to open with hills.
Cons: Sometimes gets muddy and mushy.
Other Thoughts: Fix the mushy parts. Otherwise everything is perfect

Another WI gem

5+    3/8/2015   3/9/2015
Review By: GB Phil G
Pros: This course is a must play in N.E Wisconsin. The pay 2 play here brings you everything you want. Pick your level of challenge with 3 pin placements and 3 tee pads on almost every hole. The visual appeal is above all. Not one detail was missed on each tee, fairway, and basket.
Cons: You just know more improvements are coming. Tee signs could be upgraded. I personally don't know if they will be. Currently 'they' do a good job of identifying basket placements on the tee signs. They are also doing a good job of keeping the bugs down and the wet areas in check. What I'm saying is, if there is a "con" then I can think of something that has been tried to fix it. "They" being the handful of champions responsible for this course.
Other Thoughts: Its been a pleasure to watch this course take shape since its installation. I'm lucky to have been invited to play those first few years. Their weekend league strikes the perfect balance of competition and fun. There is no "signature hole". But there are too many "signature throws" to count. With over 9 different layouts, of which I played them all, I can't agree with anyone who says this course lacks variety. 5.0 stars. Based on my rating system, the challenge and fun factor are sky high.

The New Standard

5+    3/9/2015   3/9/2015
Review By: Pinhigh
Pros: This course sets the new standard in excellence. I can only imagine the amount of attention to detail that went into this course from the perfect tee pads to the fun and challenging fairways. After finishing a great round, you can relax in the clubhouse and enjoy watching some disc golf on 1 of many TVs available or pick up some new plastic in it's separate pro shop. Everytime I go there, I see something new that they have added to make the course and place even better. This is truly a destination that should go on anyone's bucket list.
Cons: I never want to leave.

awesome course!

5+    12/7/2014   12/20/2014
Review By: Rocs8x9x
Pros: Clean course! Challenging holes. Lots of pin placements and tee pads to make the course as easy or as hard as you want it to be. Well worth the trip!
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: Course has a great clubhouse that serves beer. They also sell discs and they always have the latest plastics.

5+    12/13/2014   12/13/2014
Review By: areignier2
Pros: Great owners,fun players, and the course is something out of a dream. 18 holes with multiple pin and pad locations. The clubhouse/ pro shop has several different disk brands to choose from at a good prices. If you show up and want to meet people almost anyone there is willing to play a round with you. It's mostly wooded with clear fairways going through. A few open holes in a field. This course is a fun challenge for the casual player and pros alike. If you lose a disk in the pond they go our and get them and put them on a lost and found shelf. The environment here is great for a day out with the family or just to get out of the house for a few hours. The course is open all year and has winter league and in the summer there is a glo league that's just so much fun.
Cons: You won't want to go play any other course after playing here! !!!

5+    10/31/2014   10/31/2014
Review By: one more round
Pros: 1.Excellent course that is being improved constantly

2.Pro shop with a lot of discs and accessories

3.Various basket locations change the look and lines of the hole instead of just adding distance.

4.Various pad locations add a lot of distance or a different look to each hole.

5.Level concrete pads that extend past foul line.

6.Very clean and well maintained course.
Cons: I don't live 5 min away from course.
Other Thoughts: Rollin Ridge is an awesome course and just when I think it doesn't get any better they add another pad or they try an new thoughtful basket location. These guys are passionate about this sport and don't settle for good enough.
I heard someone say they wanted to have baskets at every location on every hole. The basket placements are so spread out and thoughtfully placed that it would add a lot to the course. Making it feel like 3 different courses.

I gladly support these guys because I know the money is going back into course improvements.