Canby, OR
North Eco Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #1 (Taken 7/2012)

2-4    6/19/2016   6/20/2016
Review By: colink
Pros: Variety of open and technical shots
Nice signage for fairways, and between baskets and the next tee.
Very natural park, playing along the Willamette River in Canby.
Cons: 6/12 holes are overgrown with bushes, tree limbs and tall grass. Bring spotters, or be prepared to spend 1-2 hours total searching for lost discs.
Tee pads are rubber covered lumber, not concrete.
Other Thoughts: There's room to grow this course, and if it was maintained (mowed, pruned, etc.) it would be incredible. That being said, I probably won't play this course on my own.

Don't waste your time

1    6/11/2016   6/13/2016
Review By: DGPlayer
Pros: The good: Well-marked course with quality baskets. Holes 5 and 6 have a beautiful view of the Willamette River.
Cons: This course is completely overgrown with brush. If you want to lose a few frisbees, this is the course for you. If you still insist on playing, be sure you bring along a frisbee spotter. And be sure you don't use a green frisbee. Also, there is an 0.4 mile walk just to get to the first tee.
Other Thoughts: I think this course has potential, but it would require major brush removal and ongoing maintenance, which clearly isn't happening. As it is, the course is an exercise in frustration. I will never play this course again.

Land of the Thorns

1    1/18/2016   1/19/2016
Review By: Pierparknut
Pros: -It's a nice little 12-hole course with some wooded and open holes. There are a lot of short holes but they are so wooded you have to concentrate. The three open holes (7-9) are a nice change of pace and longer.
-Nice rubber tee pads, elevated to keep away the rain. They are small, and elevated so big run-ups can be a challenge but then again most of the holes are stand-still shots anyway.
-Wonderful views of the Willamette River on holes 5&6.
-Great signage, and I don't know how I would have made my way without it in this jungle.
-Nice new discatcher baskets.
Cons: -The biggest issue here is the thorny stubs of blackberry bushes in the fairways. Some of the fairways are cleared but most are just awful. You can tell they are mowed frequently but the stubborn thorny blackberry stubs need to be removed and replaced with grass. Holes 5, 7-9 were especially awful. I cut my hand picking my disc out of a bush on one hole. And just off the fairways are full-grown blackberry bushes. I had to play very conservative so as to not lose a disc.
-Hole 6 was about the worst hole ever. 150ft hyzer straight up a hill with nasty-looking water on the right. The teepad was gone, too.
-On a few holes there was really disgusting looking water. I wonder if this was from the sewage treatment plant next door. I could definitely smell the sewage from most of the holes. Stunk worse than hell.
-It's almost half-a-mile walk to the first tee from the parking lot along a paved path. Normally I wouldn't mind, but after 18 holes of ball golf next door, I didn't appreciate it.
Other Thoughts: -There is no map on file. Next time I play I'll make one but this time I was too rushed.
-This course has great potential if all the thorny brush were cleared. It's a beautiful site, just needs some TLC. There's space for 6 more holes in the field which would make this a legitimate 18-holer. But for now, bring your beat up discs and heavy gloves to pick your discs out of the thorns!
-I am down this way quite frequently and I think I'll come back. Only course in the area!

Beware of the brush

1    8/10/2015   8/25/2015
Review By: gdnelson72
Pros: This course starts and ends with some fun, technical holes. It is also a beautiful setting as it takes you down next to the Willamette River.
Cons: It is .4 miles just to get to the first tee. The pads are a couple of feet too short. Once you get in to the middle of the course, beware of the brush, particularly the blackberries. One hole you have to play blind so playing with a partner is a must to lessen your chances of losing a disc.
Other Thoughts: With some work, this could be a really fun course, but in it's current state I wouldn't recommend it unless you just want to try something new. Blackberry vines vs an expensive disc is not a fair battle.

durby800

2-4    4/17/2015   4/21/2015
Review By: durby800
Pros: Fun course, not crowded. Great beginner course. shorter distances. Well worth the short walk to the course. Nice t boxes.
Cons: Hole 5 had a tree fall and crushed the Disc catcher, lots of stinging nettles.
Other Thoughts: Great course will play again when I return to Oregon. Had so much fun played back to back rounds.

Pitch and pull

5+    2/19/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Baskets catch well
-Good mixture of holes while in the trees
-Not ever crowded
-Good practice basket
-Raised tee pads keep you out of mud for drives
Cons: -Stinks like hell
-Lots of broken glass in the field holes.
-Grass in field holes can get quiet overgrown
-Whole course can get pretty overgrown
-Trash all over the place
-One bathroom
-1/3rd mile walk down path to find course
-Raised tee pads keep you tip toeing to not break a ankle.
Other Thoughts: This course has a lot of potential. Too bad it doesn't get the TLC it deserves. Nice little pitch and putt course. Fun when not overgrown. At one point I saw stinging nettles that were as tall as I am. Gotta make it out there again soon. There is plenty of room out in the field to make another 6 holes and make it a legit 18 hole course.

5+    1/4/2014   1/21/2014
Review By: mpacker5
Pros:
- The baskets catch well and are visible from the tee on most holes
- Raised Rubber tee-pads are excellent for muddy days
- The signs are helpful
- Trash cans throughout
- Beautiful scenery
- Good variety of holes.
- Not too crowded, I've never had a problem waiting or felling rushed.
Cons:
- Sometimes the fairways on the field holes get out of control. Though it has been better as of late.
- Next door to a sewage treatment plant. Some days the smell lingers in my nostrils the rest of the day
- The nettles get out of control on hole 5 quite often
-only 12 holes, there has got to be room to make it 18.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses I have ever played. Whenever I visit Oregon I make sure to stop by. This course taught me to control my drives. I am a much better disc golfer because of this course.

Keep in mind I'm from Idaho, our idea of a wooded course consists of a couple trees halfway down the fairway.

The short walk doesn't bother me one bit, I often run into friendly folks and have a good chat on the way.

Beginner Friendly Gem

2-4    12/28/2013   1/2/2014
Review By: 3j0hn
Pros:
- Good signage - easy to follow course
- Great baskets
- Some decent variety of shots
- Reasonable, but small, tee pads
- Good flow
- Single purpose disc golf land - very few non-golfers walking through.
Cons: - The 10 minute walk from the parking lot is annoying.
- Some evil blackberries to contend with if you get off the fairway on a number of holes. (and even some on the fairway too)
- Those nice rubber tee pads feel really short on two longer field holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice addition to the course on the South side of the Portland metro area. For me, it is really nice to be able to take beginners to a decent course that isn't as long as the Estacada courses.

Parts Are Good, Parts No So Good!

1    6/17/2013   6/25/2013
This review was updated on 6/29/2013
Pros: It's a shame that the fairly long walk in and out (1/3 mile) is going to partially eliminate a part of this course's target audience. That is, the families, the seniors and other newbies.

The Discatcher baskets with the bright yellow rim are a nice touch here in the thick wooded course. The pads are currently rubber pads which are fine for this course. right now, there are laminated tee signs and arrows around the course. I'm not at all positive that they're going to last long out here in the remote forest area. There are already signs of vandalism. The holes are short pitch and putt with fair lines to the baskets. It's a pretty Northwest forest area. I like the fact that the designer didn't try to build a championship course here, just kept it short for the area. That works well.

# 5 and # 6 gives you some pretty views of the Willamette River although it's close enough to be a hazard to your tee shot on 5.

I liked the # 6 hole. It's a blind upshot probably only about 180', with a hyser on the end of it. it's a possible ACE run but with a little challenge besides.
Cons: The grass on the three holes in the field (7-8-9) was badly overgrown. There was a 20' fairway mowed down the middle long ago but it had not be cut recently and the grass in the rough was waist high. Few players playing this course will be able to stay on these narrow little fairways.

# 5 was a throw over a nasty 6'-8' tall patch of stinging nettles to a basket not visible from the pad. I passed on it. Not worth the itchiness and scratching involved. But ***note to players*** Remember when you do stung by the nettles, the Brachen Fern is a natural remedy that takes the sting out. Just tear off a small piece of it and rub it on your place where your stinging. It's the fern that looks more like a houseplant and is a little more delicate looking than the Sword Fern , which is the heavier looking one you'll find out here.

Is there a sewage treatment plant close by? Instead of smelling the wonderful Northwest forest pine type scent, I kept getting whiffs of a nauseating sewage type smell and my sense of smell is very poor.

Ugly grafitti on baskets already.

The long walk in had me wondering had I missed the course somehow?
Other Thoughts: I think this course would better be served by either relocating the three holes in the open field into the forest somewhere or removing them altogether and making this a nine hole course. They aren't going to be any fun on the typical wet, Oregon day when that grass is soaking wet. I believe I would end up just skipping over them most days.

Needs care

1    6/15/2013   6/16/2013
Review By: ColinR
Pros: Location. I'm occasionally in the area, so nice to have a course this way.
Not crowded. Not a 'bring the family' course.
Layout. Interesting, tight lines on the holes I was able to play.
Cons: Location. Proximity to water will keep this course muddy, damp, and overgrown.
Foliage. Nettles and blackberries galore. It is annoying enough to have to dog through brush for discs on the fairway (or where the fairway should be). It is hazardous to comb through man-eating plants while doing so.
Grooming. Most holes will require constant trimming with the nearby water and hazardous nature of plant species. Without, the course will be simply unplayable.
Other Thoughts: This course is a very ambitious effort to turn a very wet, overgrown, nettle and blackberry ridden environment into a decent course. While I think it is possible, it will require a lot more clearing and constant maintenance to keep it playable. As it is, I wouldn't play it again.