Canby, OR
North Eco Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #1 (Taken 7/2012)

Beware of the brush

1    8/10/2015   8/25/2015
Review By: gdnelson72
Pros: This course starts and ends with some fun, technical holes. It is also a beautiful setting as it takes you down next to the Willamette River.
Cons: It is .4 miles just to get to the first tee. The pads are a couple of feet too short. Once you get in to the middle of the course, beware of the brush, particularly the blackberries. One hole you have to play blind so playing with a partner is a must to lessen your chances of losing a disc.
Other Thoughts: With some work, this could be a really fun course, but in it's current state I wouldn't recommend it unless you just want to try something new. Blackberry vines vs an expensive disc is not a fair battle.

Close and functional

1    6/18/2012   6/19/2012
Review By: the yellow dart
Pros: This course is located less than 5 minutes from the highway in Canby. The baskets are very good quality Discatcher. Signage was temporary laminated paper on a stake but easy to follow. I was throwing by myself and had an easy time following the flow of the course. This is a good course for practicing your mid-range control game. It shows that someone has put a lot of work into the course. Also, some cool guys behind me invited me to run through the course a second time and throw with them. I did not have time to do that but it shows what a great community we have.
Cons: Parking is a 10 minute walk from the course and I kept thinking I had gone too far. Teepads are temporary but it looks like a work in progress to get more established pads in place. If someone decided to take one of the temporary signs out of the ground, it would be very easy to get lost. This course needs mor maintenance. The brush just off of all of the fairways are thick with blackberries, nettles, and incredibly thick underbrush. For a course that says it's designed for beginners, if a beginner throws a disc off course, they are in for a painful search through the sticker bushes. Holes 7, 8, and 9 are in a field (and are the only holes around 300'). This field has not been mowed at all recently. I lost my disc in the grass on 7 and was not able to find it. (blue teebird with black zigzag dye) When the group behind me threw they had to search for their discs for 10 minutes to find them all. CUT THE GRASS. There were a few benches and I did not notice if there were adequate trash facilities.
Other Thoughts: I lost 2 discs when throwing this course, one in the field because the grass was too long and one in the thick blackberry bushes on hole 11, even after climbing all the way through them, I was not able to locate my disc. Hopefully they will continue to maintain this course and over time the brush will be cut back. I am grateful to have a course less than 10 minutes from my driveway that feels like a real disc golf course. This sure beats the drive out to Mciver/timber or Champoeg from Oregon city. If you go for the first time, take a friend so you can both have eyes on each others drives in case someone throws an errant disc. This course has the potential to be a 3.0 course for beginners/practice rounds once they clear out some brush and make the signage/pads more permanent.