Canby, OR
North Eco Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #1 (Taken 7/2012)

Pitch and pull

5+    2/19/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Baskets catch well
-Good mixture of holes while in the trees
-Not ever crowded
-Good practice basket
-Raised tee pads keep you out of mud for drives
Cons: -Stinks like hell
-Lots of broken glass in the field holes.
-Grass in field holes can get quiet overgrown
-Whole course can get pretty overgrown
-Trash all over the place
-One bathroom
-1/3rd mile walk down path to find course
-Raised tee pads keep you tip toeing to not break a ankle.
Other Thoughts: This course has a lot of potential. Too bad it doesn't get the TLC it deserves. Nice little pitch and putt course. Fun when not overgrown. At one point I saw stinging nettles that were as tall as I am. Gotta make it out there again soon. There is plenty of room out in the field to make another 6 holes and make it a legit 18 hole course.

5+    1/4/2014   1/21/2014
Review By: mpacker5
Pros:
- The baskets catch well and are visible from the tee on most holes
- Raised Rubber tee-pads are excellent for muddy days
- The signs are helpful
- Trash cans throughout
- Beautiful scenery
- Good variety of holes.
- Not too crowded, I've never had a problem waiting or felling rushed.
Cons:
- Sometimes the fairways on the field holes get out of control. Though it has been better as of late.
- Next door to a sewage treatment plant. Some days the smell lingers in my nostrils the rest of the day
- The nettles get out of control on hole 5 quite often
-only 12 holes, there has got to be room to make it 18.
Other Thoughts: This is one of my favorite courses I have ever played. Whenever I visit Oregon I make sure to stop by. This course taught me to control my drives. I am a much better disc golfer because of this course.

Keep in mind I'm from Idaho, our idea of a wooded course consists of a couple trees halfway down the fairway.

The short walk doesn't bother me one bit, I often run into friendly folks and have a good chat on the way.

Beginner Friendly Gem

2-4    12/28/2013   1/2/2014
Review By: 3j0hn
Pros:
- Good signage - easy to follow course
- Great baskets
- Some decent variety of shots
- Reasonable, but small, tee pads
- Good flow
- Single purpose disc golf land - very few non-golfers walking through.
Cons: - The 10 minute walk from the parking lot is annoying.
- Some evil blackberries to contend with if you get off the fairway on a number of holes. (and even some on the fairway too)
- Those nice rubber tee pads feel really short on two longer field holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a very nice addition to the course on the South side of the Portland metro area. For me, it is really nice to be able to take beginners to a decent course that isn't as long as the Estacada courses.

Parts Are Good, Parts No So Good!

1    6/17/2013   6/25/2013
This review was updated on 6/29/2013
Pros: It's a shame that the fairly long walk in and out (1/3 mile) is going to partially eliminate a part of this course's target audience. That is, the families, the seniors and other newbies.

The Discatcher baskets with the bright yellow rim are a nice touch here in the thick wooded course. The pads are currently rubber pads which are fine for this course. right now, there are laminated tee signs and arrows around the course. I'm not at all positive that they're going to last long out here in the remote forest area. There are already signs of vandalism. The holes are short pitch and putt with fair lines to the baskets. It's a pretty Northwest forest area. I like the fact that the designer didn't try to build a championship course here, just kept it short for the area. That works well.

# 5 and # 6 gives you some pretty views of the Willamette River although it's close enough to be a hazard to your tee shot on 5.

I liked the # 6 hole. It's a blind upshot probably only about 180', with a hyser on the end of it. it's a possible ACE run but with a little challenge besides.
Cons: The grass on the three holes in the field (7-8-9) was badly overgrown. There was a 20' fairway mowed down the middle long ago but it had not be cut recently and the grass in the rough was waist high. Few players playing this course will be able to stay on these narrow little fairways.

# 5 was a throw over a nasty 6'-8' tall patch of stinging nettles to a basket not visible from the pad. I passed on it. Not worth the itchiness and scratching involved. But ***note to players*** Remember when you do stung by the nettles, the Brachen Fern is a natural remedy that takes the sting out. Just tear off a small piece of it and rub it on your place where your stinging. It's the fern that looks more like a houseplant and is a little more delicate looking than the Sword Fern , which is the heavier looking one you'll find out here.

Is there a sewage treatment plant close by? Instead of smelling the wonderful Northwest forest pine type scent, I kept getting whiffs of a nauseating sewage type smell and my sense of smell is very poor.

Ugly grafitti on baskets already.

The long walk in had me wondering had I missed the course somehow?
Other Thoughts: I think this course would better be served by either relocating the three holes in the open field into the forest somewhere or removing them altogether and making this a nine hole course. They aren't going to be any fun on the typical wet, Oregon day when that grass is soaking wet. I believe I would end up just skipping over them most days.

Needs care

1    6/15/2013   6/16/2013
Review By: ColinR
Pros: Location. I'm occasionally in the area, so nice to have a course this way.
Not crowded. Not a 'bring the family' course.
Layout. Interesting, tight lines on the holes I was able to play.
Cons: Location. Proximity to water will keep this course muddy, damp, and overgrown.
Foliage. Nettles and blackberries galore. It is annoying enough to have to dog through brush for discs on the fairway (or where the fairway should be). It is hazardous to comb through man-eating plants while doing so.
Grooming. Most holes will require constant trimming with the nearby water and hazardous nature of plant species. Without, the course will be simply unplayable.
Other Thoughts: This course is a very ambitious effort to turn a very wet, overgrown, nettle and blackberry ridden environment into a decent course. While I think it is possible, it will require a lot more clearing and constant maintenance to keep it playable. As it is, I wouldn't play it again.

grab your midrange

5+    10/17/2012   10/18/2012
Review By: MciverDog
Pros: a great test of your midrange control, fun lines to carve and a couple of ace race shots. 3 big distance shots in open field too
Cons: its not an 18 hole course...but there's room for it in that field hint hint.

oh and the pads i can't wait until cement pads
Other Thoughts: fun place to play some doubles.

First Time Played

1    10/7/2012   10/7/2012
Review By: carpenter
Pros: The course has some interesting shots, and the baskets are fantastic--they're also yellow, which is great for guys with poor color vision, like me, who don't see red very well. I, also, love the fact that this course is ten minutes from my home in Oregon City!
Cons: The Tee pads are too short for a strong launch, which isn't a problem for at least two-thirds of the holes. The three open field shots should have longer Tees. This being a freshly built course, the "rough" is exactly that. Blackberry bushes are a royal pain to dig through to retrieve an errant throw. Hole 6 could really use some steps--I have no idea how we're going to get up that slope in the rainy season.
Other Thoughts: This may be offered to the public as a "beginner" course, but I tend to disagree. You must exercise excellent control of your disc, or plan on setting it free, never to be seen or heard from again. I lost a Leopard on hole 5 due to the fact that the hyzer I threw was obstructed from view by trees and the disc ended up somewhere in the blackberries, or down by the river. I searched for half an hour to no avail. If you're playing with a friend, have him/her spot for you when possible.

The course is located 1/3 mile from the parking lot. On a warm day, I don't mind the exercise, but if it's raining buckets, or worse, I'd like to be able to get back to my vehicle in a timely manner.

Close and functional

1    6/18/2012   6/19/2012
Review By: the yellow dart
Pros: This course is located less than 5 minutes from the highway in Canby. The baskets are very good quality Discatcher. Signage was temporary laminated paper on a stake but easy to follow. I was throwing by myself and had an easy time following the flow of the course. This is a good course for practicing your mid-range control game. It shows that someone has put a lot of work into the course. Also, some cool guys behind me invited me to run through the course a second time and throw with them. I did not have time to do that but it shows what a great community we have.
Cons: Parking is a 10 minute walk from the course and I kept thinking I had gone too far. Teepads are temporary but it looks like a work in progress to get more established pads in place. If someone decided to take one of the temporary signs out of the ground, it would be very easy to get lost. This course needs mor maintenance. The brush just off of all of the fairways are thick with blackberries, nettles, and incredibly thick underbrush. For a course that says it's designed for beginners, if a beginner throws a disc off course, they are in for a painful search through the sticker bushes. Holes 7, 8, and 9 are in a field (and are the only holes around 300'). This field has not been mowed at all recently. I lost my disc in the grass on 7 and was not able to find it. (blue teebird with black zigzag dye) When the group behind me threw they had to search for their discs for 10 minutes to find them all. CUT THE GRASS. There were a few benches and I did not notice if there were adequate trash facilities.
Other Thoughts: I lost 2 discs when throwing this course, one in the field because the grass was too long and one in the thick blackberry bushes on hole 11, even after climbing all the way through them, I was not able to locate my disc. Hopefully they will continue to maintain this course and over time the brush will be cut back. I am grateful to have a course less than 10 minutes from my driveway that feels like a real disc golf course. This sure beats the drive out to Mciver/timber or Champoeg from Oregon city. If you go for the first time, take a friend so you can both have eyes on each others drives in case someone throws an errant disc. This course has the potential to be a 3.0 course for beginners/practice rounds once they clear out some brush and make the signage/pads more permanent.