Lancaster, PA
Uploaded By: coolkid32901 Hole #16

Mid Range Skills Course

2-4    6/6/2010   6/10/2010
Review By: Shooter
Pros: Beautiful little park in Lancaster, PA. Easy to find. Nice use of park property to generate a petite course. Definately a Mid Range game here. All T boxes are close to the pins so not a tremendous amount of walking from one to the next. All holes are a par 3 but still have some challenges built in. Nice use of elevations and wooded areas as well as open areas. Nice T pads when dry. Shaded and somewhat protected even when windy. Birdie's are very likely.
Cons: Single Chain Disc Catchers will screw you. So back off the power or you will go right through them. T pads can be slick if they get wet. Busy park, be cautious of picnicker's on weekends especially on #10. Careful pulling out of the drive...very busy road.
Other Thoughts: Very nice park for quick action and conservative play. Great for beginners and intermediates to learn disc control and putting skills. Hole #1 is at the 2nd parking area as you come in the drive.

1    5/31/2010   5/31/2010
Review By: Zaminski
Pros: Nice tee signs and the fairways seemed to be kept after nicely. The holes were layed out nicely, even though most are fairly open with a few trees to navigate through. Elevation was used very nicely on this course, it rolls pretty well.
Cons: One hole runs along a fairly busy road which takes away some of the peacefulness. It is pretty open with only a few narrow fairways.
Other Thoughts: The course really reminded me of a ball golf course besides a few on the back nine. It was a very nice course for where it lays. I noticed a creek back in the woods along one of the holes. If 9 holes were added through those woods and along the creek it would make this course a little tougher and really bring up the difficulty level. If you play the other courses in the area it is defiantely worth a day trip to Lancaster.

Easy, yet Fun

2-4    8/16/2008   8/16/2008
Review By: nosajeel99
Pros: There was a pretty good variety in the holes with pins tucked away in little nooks and on top of hills.

There are alternate pin placements (regular and alternate is how they are defined, not A, B, C, etc). Typically the alternate pin was farther and tougher, though not always I don't think.

The course was pretty easy, which was nice for a confidence booster. The pins when I played were not consistently in "regular" or "alternate" positions, though the unused pin placements had a yellow pole in them, so I could tell where they were. Generally, the "regular" pin placements were in pretty easy, out in the open, birdie-able places while the "alternates" were a little farther or guarded more from the tee.

It was really easy to get around the course, especially with a map, though no map was needed. "Next Tee" signs were located when needed.

Really well maintained course.
Cons: The holes were really close together. Standing on #2 tee box, I could see #3-#6 tee boxes. Could get really crowded and I did have to wait on people to finish #4 AND #5 before I could safely play #4.

There was no rhyme or reason to if the pins were in regular or alternate placements. It was trial and error the first time around.

While the signs were helpful they were a little misleading the first time I played. Some trees are marked but others (that I think should be) were not. One play through, though, and that is alleviated.
Other Thoughts: Numbers 13 and 14 were my favorite holes. 13 because of the uphill toss - simple and to the point. #14 because of the challenge. I would have been really happy with a 3 on this one. I got bogey 4's both times I played. It shoots through a narrow fairway to a pin placed far off to the left, downhill on a fast green.

As I mentioned earlier, the regular position is pretty easy and one good throw gets you putting close. Even many in the alternate position can be birdied with a good throw. There are the occasional alternate pin placements that would take a great throw and a good throw to get a two (or a good throw and then a great throw) .

I had a fun time playing this course. It was a beautiful day and it was good to be able to see the sun instead of being trapped in woods all the time. The course plays very quickly. I played 2 rounds in just over 2 hours.

Overall, I had a good time and a lot of the little things (signs, ease to navigate, concrete tee pads) are in place on this course. For me, it is just lacking a true signature hole (though could be, in my opinion, #13 or #18) and the challenge to keep me coming back. If this were my local home course, I would not be disappointed at all and probably play there a lot, though I am not going to drive a long way to play it regularly. It is a better than average course.