Central, SC
Grand Central Station Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #9 (Taken 9/2012)
3 / 280ft.   3 / 280ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Great front 9

1    6/27/2014   6/28/2014
Review By: Hearin Chains
Pros: Excellent, excellent front 9!

Hole 2 is a lot of fun and really begs you to go for it in two, but if you miss right off the tee your going to work for a four. Nice risk / reward.

Hole 4 is a down hill 450ish , id say it plays more like 350 so its also a lot of fun to really let one go.

Hole 6 plays down the power line, Very cool! I've always wanted to do that. 760' that's going down hill a bit, very nice par 4 but Im sure some rocket arms get it in three.

Hole 7 continues down the same lines, but shorter at 500' with a creek to contend with. I did not realize how deep it was before I got to it, Im glad I didnt go in!

Hole 8 was my favorite. First part of the hole before you go back over the creek felt very "park" like, would be a nice spot for a picnic. Then its a nice uphill blast to the pin. Doable it in 3 with 2 well executed shots, but not a easy bird either.

Park was pretty much empty at 530 on a Friday night, was nice to have the run of the place.

Good signage at tees. Cool pavilion with a observation deck, would be really cool during a tournament to hang out up there.

Plenty of benches

Land is just for disc golf, very cool private feel. Wonderful space, pretty clean area, felt safe.
Cons: Holes 14, 15, 16 and 17 did not live up to the rest of the course, and felt like the belonged on a different track. There not "bad" holes, the rest of the course however set the bar much above the difficultly of these 4.

Hole 13 was a great par 4, then coming down to 14 as a gimme was OK, but then backtracking back 15 to play 16 was odd. Would be great to see 15 extended and 16 come back towards 17's box, but play across the creek.

Next tee signs please! I finally realized the next tee info is on the teesigns, but I never got to looking till i was putting out. The transition to 9 was especially difficult to figure out as a first timer and solo. I found the box for 18 so I turned around!

Other Thoughts: I gave this course a 3.5, overall its a great course, and if your in the area, its well worth the time. I will come back for sure!

To make me revisit and raise my rating I would like to see some redesign on 14,15,16. A raised basket on 14 might be something easy to implement to increase the difficultly there, as well as taking another look at the flow from 15/16/17.