Oak Grove, MN
Oak Grove DGC Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #4 (Taken 5/2012)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Good little course

5+    9/4/2014   9/4/2014
Review By: BirdieMachine
Pros: Nice baskets. Layout is fun. Ace runs.
Cons: Rough is deep but no poison Ivy seen. Could use a little better trimming. A little tough finding holes. Can be water logged after big rains. Spotters on a few holes helpful.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy this course, has a nice mix of holes from real short to 400 feet. R-L and L-R. Overall design is fun and requires a lot of different shots.

5+    5/20/2014   6/16/2014
Review By: Blaaaake77
Pros: - Newer course
- Little to no traffic, I think I have played and seen maybe 1 or 2 other groups and I have played this course a good handful of times.
- Smaller course, great for working on your mid-ranges
- Little to no hazards on this course, which is great!
- ACE FRIENDLY COURSE!!
- Skatepark at same park, if your into skateboarding, a pretty basic skatepark though.
- Great beginner course, easy course to follow along with without getting lost.
- A lot cleaner than I expected, probably due to the fact it's a newer course and kind of in the sticks in this area of town.
Cons: - It's a small easy course in my opinion.
- Very buggy, and when I say very I mean, miserable come to bugs, last round I played here I last 3 holes and said screw this.
- Very wet, seems to always be flooded when I try to play this course.
- Tall grass, not very well maintained.
Other Thoughts: - I wouldn't reccomend this course to anyone, unless you lived in the neighborhood it's in.
- I usually try to skip this course when I can, but I am usually a daily driver of county road 22 and it's always nice to go throw a quick 9.
- If this course was maintained a lot better it would be a great course for beginners and anyone who wants to play a shorter course quick!

well theres a skatepark

1    11/27/2013   11/27/2013
Review By: elmexdela
Pros: skatepark also at same park. distance signs with hole number. easy to navigate. decently clean. no traffic. new baskets.
Cons: not much variety. no elevation changes. hole numbers ripped off baskets on all the ones closest to the skatepark. discs get lost easily in long grass.
Other Thoughts: dg course with a skatepark. doesnt get much better.

good course for a rookie

1    9/8/2013   9/14/2013
Review By: darcym
Pros: As a relative rookie I actually liked the lack of hazards on this course. It gave me good opportunity to work on speed and control using a heavier driver than I would usually choose.
Cons: Better markers would be nice. Wandered into to woods for a bit looking for the tee at 5 since the basket for 4 is near a fork in the trail.

The rough grass is waist-high this time of year so we spent a fair amount of time looking for discs when they went off the fairway.
Other Thoughts: Played Oak Grove, Twin Lakes and Elk River in one afternoon. This was the first and a good warm-up.

Great family fun

5+    8/1/2012   8/11/2012
Review By: Firstbreath
Pros: Intuitive layout

Variety of (ace-able) shots

Short and sweet

Family friendly and free!
Cons: No real bombing opportunities (bomb the soccer field?)

Semi-narrow fairways

Other Thoughts: As I mentioned to the designer of this fast little course, I consider it to be the best in the area, Blue Ribbon aside.

The location is great for people in Saint Francis.

Clean and simple layout.

Easy shots.

My kids love it.

1    5/6/2012   5/6/2012
Review By: timj5304
Pros: 9 brand new discraft baskets
Numbers on top of each basket.
No traffic at all.
Cons: No tee pads
No direction at all, had to walk up to a couple baskets to see if I was going to the right one.
Most did not even have a pink flag to show where your supposed to throw from.
Other Thoughts: Basically this course needs to improve in many ways as they do have some land to use. I do not ask for perfect concrete pads but I do ask for simple direction arrows and a designated place for beginners to throw from. This is 8 miles off of Hwy 65 and a easy course to pass on.

In time...

1    4/25/2012   4/25/2012
Review By: djschnabel
Pros: It's a disc golf course.
It's pretty close to Twin Lakes DGC, together they raise the other's score by 0.5.
Nice DGA baskets, and a nice family friendly course in the North Metro.
Playground and shelters galore.
Soccer field by hole 5, perfect for field practice.
Cons: No tee pads yet.
No signs yet.
Boring, repetitious (200 ft.) holes.
No distances recorded, estimated below.
Dirt fairways.
Other Thoughts: Hole 1
Start in the NW corner of the Skate Park and throw towards the port-a-potty. Small white mark on the asphalt on the NW corner is the tee box, I believe.
est. 100-120 feet.

Hole 2
I didn't see this flag, originally, but as you walk away from hole 1, if you look towards the north, towards the baseball fields, you will see the pink flag on the path that plays along side the woods. Check back towards hole 2's basket to make sure nobody is coming, as this will be a blind shot.
est. 200-250 feet.

Hole 3
Walk towards the west, past the shelters. I didn't see this tee box at all, but the basket is tucked in the woods.
est. {na} feet.

Hole 4
The tee box is right past 3's basket, this shot is a RHBH hyzer shot.
est. 180 feet.

Hole 5
Walk south out of the woods, across the west parking lot (you could in theory start on 5 if you parked here, BTW) and the teebox is in the SW corner. This shot plays towards the road.
est. 160-180 feet.

Hole 6
Walk east towards the fire station, past the soccer field. The tee box is on the path, on the SE corner of the soccer field. This is the longest hole on the course, playing towards the fire station. Grass is very thick here, watch your shots!
est. 350-375 feet.

Hole 7
Walk from 6 towards the NW, and you'll see the teebox on the edge of the asphalt path.
est. 240 feet.

Hole 8
Walk towards the playground equipment, on the S side of the playground, on the path, is a small white spray painted mark. Play towards the basket on the SW corner of the skate park.
est. 220 feet.

Hole 9
Walk towards the fire station, the tee box is on the path again. This shot plays towards the parking lot. Second longest hole on the course, let 'er rip!
est. 320-340 feet.

I played this course today, and intended to play it twice, but I couldn't. It was a pretty wide open simple course that has intuitive course design. While most of the holes are short, and only 6 and 9 (hehehehehe) were over 300' by my assumption, it was such a monotonous course to play, and I was hungry dang it. I didn't see any tee signs or tee boxes, until I holed out on 3 and got to hole 4. There are pink flags on the ground that indicate where to tee off from, and a lot of the holes have these flags on the asphalt running track/trail around the park. There is also a short white spray painted line near these spots. Once I found this out, it made hole two twice as long as where I played it from. I will try to photoshop up a simple map to help with navigation, but for those who have played a few courses, hole one tees off from the NW corner of the skate park (small white line on the asphalt), and the course plays counter clockwise. After hole 4, walk south across the parking lot on the west end of the soccer field, and hole 5's teepad is located there. The holes all have a sandy dirt fairway, so obviously the course is still in development. Hole 2 is a blind tee shot, so watch for runners/walkers/zombies.

I don't know if I will go there often, but along with Twin Lakes DGC, they make each other better, as I mentioned above. I shot -4 here without trying, without caring, and I think it is very easy to shoot a 7-9 under for most players. This course screams ace race! As a father of three, I could see visiting this course often as there is a huge playground located in the center of the park and I could dump my kids off there, and if I can coax them to play, I think they'll enjoy themselves quite a bit.