Needs hole signage and permanent tees
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: (0.609 Rating) This course is missing just about everything. Could be good for A & M Students looking for a quick round or to practice between classes.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is very low. Just don't throw it on the concession building.
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds had been well mowed prior to my round. The course appears to be constantly trimmed and manicured. There was very little trash spotted despite a lack of garbage cans.
- CHAINS - All the baskets look nearly new and have heavy chains.
- QUICK PLAY - A single could easily complete a full 9 in under 30 minutes. Groups of 4 probably would finish in under an hour. Probably perfect for between classes.
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will this course aid in growing the sport by offering easy access to learn the game at a beginner friendly course.
- NIGHT GOLF - This is an ideal night golf course. Spacious fairways and no overgrowth. No water hazards in play.
Cons: Course needs a bunch of love.
- TEES AREA - All 9 of them are dirt, not the end of world, but, to make matters worse, the tees are marked by a pair of moveable wood pegs and they are unnumbered. Some tees were pulled out of the ground and I could not find one pair of markers.
- NAVIGATION - Hole directions were non-existence. I spent a good 10 minutes looking for hole 1 tee, and I ended up starting on 3. I posted a map in the file/link section which gives a general idea of what I gathered after my round. However I cannot be certain if this is in fact the current layout as I could not find any online sources.
- DUEL USE HAZARD - The course is home to more than disc golf. There are soccer and baseball fields that the course winds threw as well as a ball golf pitch and putt. Several holes have the potential to put others in harms way of an errant disc. You will be forced to wait sometimes or even have to skip holes all together if a game is going on. I personally had to skip 3 holes for safety reasons during my round.
- CHARACTER - The course is really just baskets and is void of all course character items. No tee shading, no seating, no map, no community board, no trash cans, no tee signs, no tables, no practice basket. no everything.
- UNIQUENESS - The holes themselves in terms variety are well below average. Most shots are open with a few sports complex obstacles in play. Hole 3 plays over concession/restroom building.
- SPACING - Slightly below average. If the course was full "highly unlikely" there would be a few unprotected tees in close proximity of other baskets. there are also a few fairways that feel partially shared..
- DIFFICULTY - Not much of a challenge to advanced/pro level players as they should have no problem breaking par. Intermediate and Recreational players may be delighted however as it can be a feel good round. It's a great opportunity for those players to finish a couple above par.
- WIND - Due to the lack of trees wind will likely be an issue.
Other Thoughts: An unfinished course for those attending A & M. I don't recommend going here unless you're a student or employee in need of a quick round or to practice.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 3 Not
Cons: Hard to find. Not fun once you get there. Barely a course. Don't bother. Repeat. Don't bother.
If it hadn't been essentially on the way between McLean and FSU, I probably wouldn't have checked it out myself.
3 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
FAMU students, faculty, and staff only
Pros: Course exists, natural tee pads
Cons: FAMU students, faculty, and staff only - see rules link.
When not open course is securely locked up - see hours link (closed on holidays)
Other Thoughts: This course was the closest to my hotel, so I went here to play an early morning round. The map directs you to park far from the course, so after a long walk through a trash-strewn campus I arrived at the fence that surrounds the course and the signs that spell out that there is no access for the general public (check the links). Unless you know someone associated with FAMU, i would not waste my time.
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 3 Not
New awful course
Pros: Excellent Baskets
Cons: No signage, no pads, play is around active soccer and baseball fields and there are drainage grates where a disc could easily go to die. The park is fenced off, Im not sure if its public access or not. There is not a single tree on the entire course.
Other Thoughts: It kinda feels like they just stuck a couple baskets in the negative space between fields.
4 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.