6 Helpful / 8 Not
A- = Almost as good as a 9-holer can be
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B- (only hole 8 has some of this)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == A- (1 is too short, but the rest of the course is really good lengthwise)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == A- (Hole 7 straight down hill with a OB street beyond is way cool. Use of a low teepad on 2 holes adds a lot to otherwise boring holes. The steep uphill 9 throwing around a huge pile of lime is the signature/namesake hole - very cool!)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
6 of 14 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 6 Not
Grafton Disc Golf
Pros: -Good for starters
-Easy Finding Pins
-Course well put
-Hole #8, Best Hole Kind of a Dog Leg
Cons: -Water Hazards,Lost Champ. Sidewinder Driver
-Lots of people play
-Only 9 Holes
-Lots of Trees
-Hole #7 Down Hill Use a Mid-Range
-Hole #1 Use Mid-Range, River toward your left
3 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.