It is what it is
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The course plays through the center of the camp through some well-groomed sports fields and among some of the cabins. A few of the holes have a couple nice big pines to add some obstacles. There are mostly shorter beginner friendly shots, though for more experienced players there's plenty of opportunity to make some longer safari holes. The camp staff were very friendly, and happy to point the way and find maps for us.
Cons: The course isn't playable when the camp is in use, especially if the sports fields are being used or there are cars on the driveways running through the course. The layout is very open and basic, with flat holes and almost no real obstacles or lines to hit. There are no marked tees, so it's pretty much a safari course, the map shows basically playing basket to basket. If you had many campers playing at the same time, some of the holes play pretty close to one another and to buildings, it could be a bit of a safety issue.
Other Thoughts: Experienced players won't find any difficulty or variety here, but that's not who this course is made for. It's an ok beginner layout, with reasonable lengths and no punishment for errant shots. It's too bad that the land behind the cabins with nice elevation and trees wasn't available, a great beginner layout with more fun and less safety issues would be a great exposure for the sport.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Fun with the kids
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. Pitch and putt course
2. maps and rest bands available at front office.
3. Pleanty of parking and restrooms.
4. A few holes have tough lines.
5. discs available for rental at front office.
6. Good little course to take your kids and have a fun little round. No stress
Cons: 1. Course would be tough to follow without a map.
2, tee boxes are hard to locate.
3. Some of the fairways cross other activities and make it difficult to play if those activities are going on.
4. The camp counselors didnt seem to encouraging when trying to teach the kids the game and were kind of oblivious of the game when people strolled in to the small fairways.
5. A few holes have crossing fairways
6. Design is pretty bad and the course isnt left open or the boundries arent enforced enough. Cars sometimes park by basket 8.
7.Only open to golf 2/3 of the year because of snow and weather.
8. Must call ahead of time to ensure you can play.
9. All holes are 100-200 feet in length.
Other Thoughts: This course is ok if you live in town, but if you dont you should just drive to Crestline and play there. This course is super short and hardly challenging. Just a fun place to spend a hour with the kids and kill sometime.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.