Easley, SC
Foothills DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #10 (Taken 11/2009)
6 / 800ft.   6 / --   5 / --   5 / 800ft. Par / Distance:

2-4    12/22/2011   2/23/2012
Review By: tiger5
Pros: One of the better courses in SC. Great mix of technical/tight wooded holes, open shots with tons of elevation changes on almost every hole. And a freakin BOMBER hole 10 that we almost thought was missing until we walked over and saw how far away it was. Great use of terrain throughout the entire course, seriously one of the best courses I've played that incorporates elevation as well as this course.
Cons: A lot of the tee signs are broken or missing altogether. It's a shame because you can tell that a lot of work has gone into this course and it sucks that some freakin idiots will destroy stuff just because they can. I think maybe two of the holes have tee areas that are fenced off now, and a lot of the rubber tee pads are started to get weathered.
Other Thoughts: Obviously signage is an issue, but I can't blame them for it because it was there and the effort was clearly made. I thought it was a good challenge and I can't wait to go back and play next time I'm in town.

Love This Course

5+    6/28/2009   10/28/2009
Review By: Sadjo
This review was updated on 7/12/2011
Pros: This course offers nice cement tee pads on all but two holes and has tee signs that show the layout of the normal course layout.

It is a great mix of holes with several long, wide open holes and a few short tight holes mixed in.

This course has a great variety of shots including but not limited to uphill, down hill and across the side of hills.

It's a course that will challenge ever aspect of your game.
Cons: The course has multiple pin placements and it isn't always clear which placement the basket is in and that can be frustrating if you end up shooting for one pins placement only to learn that the basket is in the other placement.

The course is used for several other sports and Disc Golf isn't given the proper respect from the park and rec department.
Other Thoughts: A nice variety of holes and challenges. The course has a random draw doubles league in the summer month on Wednesday nights and those begin at 6pm.

A for Awesome!

5+    7/4/2005   5/1/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A (even the shot holes have enough intrigue to make deuces rewarding)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A+ (This course has the most unique holes I have experienced)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- B+
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.