Pros: • Nice park with decent lawn and large trees.
• Very uncrowded, I rarely see other golfers.
• Nice scenery along the Snake River.
• Enough trees to require moderate accuracy.
• Now an 18 holes course. Most of the new holes are in a wild unmaintained part of the park. This gives a feel of 2 courses in one.
• Easy navigation between holes.
• Good signs and a course map posted in the parking lot.
• Several "Birdie/Ace" holes, so you can throw down a low score if you're on target.
Cons: • Heavy brush and thorny trees on holes 6-13. Spotting recommended on this section.
• Gravel tees (I hate gravel, so I usually tee on the grass to the side).
• Mostly short holes, so pros and long drivers won't be challenged.
• Bugs can get bad in summer.
• Alternate pins would add a lot to this course.
Other Thoughts: This course now has 18 holes. One hole has been added to the maintained grassy area and eight holes have been added in the wild, unmaintained section of the park. There are several birdie/ace opportunities on both sections. The new "wild" holes have some thick brush and Russian Olive trees beside the often narrow fairways. I recommend a spotter on this "Crazy Eight" section. Poor shots will punish you with bogeys and double bogeys. It's quite tough to shoot par or under on these holes. The groomed park section has some good opportunities to make up strokes lost in the bushes. The visitor center has free scorecards with a map on the back. Definitely make plans to play here if you're in the area.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: This is a great course. The park is an island of green surrounded by desert scrub land. It runs right next to the Snake River and is very well maintained. Some interesting shots towards the end and a couple of elevation changes. Some distance variations on the holes.
Cons: The first 5 holes are pretty standard throws required.
6th hole or so you have to throw through some brush and towards the cabins. I was kind of hesitant to walk through that area as there are a lot of snakes in the Idaho deserts as well as some other nasty critters.
Other Thoughts: I played through this course twice as I usually do on the 9 hole ones just to get a feel for it. It was pretty challenging for what it was and the unique appeal of its location made it far more enjoyable than I normally would have expected. I really like this course.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.