McDonald, TN
Johnston Woods Retreat Center Share
Uploaded By: Tat2Guy Hole #5 (Taken 3/2014)
3 / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Short & Sweet

1    1/5/2013   1/5/2013
Review By: Chigger Hamby
Pros: -Concrete Tee pads
-Every hole is an ace run
-Scenic
Cons: -Single chains, I missed several putts that went right through the chains. Bring your rubber putters
-Some tees are literally right next to the last basket
-Fairways cross a few times
Other Thoughts: This is a nice little course laid out perfectly for what it was intended for, children's church retreats. Drink machine on site. Every hole is an ace run, so it is fun to just throw at it every time. Short, fast play, but if there was ever a crowd it could get clogged up real quick.

Nice Beginner Course

2-4    5/22/2012   5/22/2012
Review By: rowdyray
Pros: New stone slate tee pads
New pins
Nice Layout
Located in a scenic church retreat
Short distances make it beginner and kid friendly
Despite its short length, wooded course still makes it somewhat challenging
Scorecards provided at the first tee
Cons: Hilly layout could be a workout for some
Single chain baskets (though they do seem to catch shots fairly well and did not cause a problem for any of my shots)
Extremely short holes/almost too short (I believe I threw my putter on most holes)
Lack of grass and loose rocks can make footing a little treacherous on the hills
No distances on holes or scorecards
Other Thoughts: I would probably like this course regardless, as it is the only one in my home town. Until now, I've had to drive at least twenty miles to get to a course. Nevertheless, I find this an enjoyable little course. It's not a tough course by any stretch, and it takes a really bad shot to even flirt with a bogey (which I found out the hard way on one of the shortest holes on the course);however, it is great place to practice your approaches and try to make birdies and/or aces. Since I take my seven year old son with me a lot, this is ideal for us.

kiddie course

2-4    5/8/2012   5/16/2012
Review By: chrishank
Pros: New pins and rock slates for teepads. Nice course layout, very easy to follow. Most holes are straight with a few curving to the left or right. Course is very short so good for a beginer, child, or anyone lacking power. A real confidence booster for the average player.
Cons: The only cons in my opinion are the shortness of the holes. Shortest being around 100 foot and longest is around 220ft. Also the teepads are located right behind the oins making it dangerous for multiple groups. Also very hilly with some posion oak and ivy around.
Other Thoughts: The course is very sucluded and has awesome scenery. The location allows the course to be a 18 holle course, as long as we do good with the first half. Keep in mind this is on a church retreat so closed on weekends.