Holiday, FL
Forest Hills Disc Golf & Country Club Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #18 (Taken 10/2012)

I love this place

2-4    12/22/2013   12/23/2013
Review By: TiVo713
Pros: I love this place, but it would be impossible without the golf carts... yes you can use a golf cart which is awesome in itself. The course is very long with several holes over 600 ft but its not impossible. Fairways are nice and wide open and a good mix of holes, especially for a FH driver. The staff were great and asked us a bunch of questions on how to improve. It must be under new management according to previous reviews.
Cons: Its a bit tough to navigate the 1st time aroudn even with the map. but once you play through you'll be fine from there on out.
Other Thoughts: If you're in tampa... PLAY IT

Abysmal - Wasted Potential

1    11/20/2012   11/28/2012
Review By: Discobedience
Pros: You'll notice that the section where you get to click "yes" or "no" if you found the review helpful, every negative review is relentlessly clicked as if it were not helpful. I am of the opinion that people from this course are trolling this site trying to push out negative reviews. I am also of the opinion that the same people are rating this course inappropriately high in hopes to attract business. I have played many courses and reviewed quite a few also, and this is, by far and away, the course that has a rating that does not come anywhere near its actual quality. So please, as you read through the reviews keep that in mind, and of course be your own judge on the matter.

One of the only redeeming qualities of this course is that you get to drive around in a golf cart. Because, lets face it, getting to drive around in a golf cart is a rather unique experience for disc golf rounds.

The land itself was kind of pretty. It definitely has potential. There are lots of water hazards around the course, creating many holes that were worthy of taking a picture.

The price is also right. I come from Maine, where we pay for every round, and I do not find $10 unreasonable for a round and a cart.

The baskets were decent. Nothing new, but not single chained either. There were also 2-3 holes that were kind of cool to play.
Cons: Onto the negatives… And where to begin...

When I arrived and entered the clubhouse I stood there for a few minutes before ringing the bell for service. Someone poked their head in and said they would be with me shortly. After watching 2 segments of the news and 3 commercial breaks at their front end TV, I rang the bell again for service. The lady, who was supposed to be working the front desk I believe, was also the bartender. Instead of allowing me to pay and giving me my cart key, she opted to stand around and talk with the patrons at the bar for upwards of 10 minutes after she knew I was there. When she did finally come over to help me she was very pleasant, but a touch too late for that to turn around my frustrations with the course. I asked for a course map, but was told I had to take a picture of their old peeling map taped to the front desk, because they did not have any left. You can buy them for $2 at the Clearwater Disc Golf Store though!

The course weaves in and out of a ball golf course. And from what I can tell, the ball golfers have no idea what disc golf is. Nor is there a plan on how the flow is supposed to work between the two competing factions. Balls flying at your head, discs skipping off their greens. Not pretty.

Navigation is near to impossible. Thank god for the picture of the map, because even with that, it was hard to follow. There was no natural flow to the course. The signage is almost non-existent. It advertises three tee boxes per hole… But I was hard pressed to find one, let alone all three. The tee pads, were sometimes flypads that looked to be a decade old. If not for the cart to drive me all around I am quite certain finding the proper holes in the proper order would have taken 6 hours. As it was it took me borderline close to 4 to play 18 holes with a cart.

Putting a basket beside the water does not make it a good hole. And by the time you have done that 12 times in 18 holes, you also get kind of bored.
Other Thoughts: I've never been one to discourage players from going somewhere, but this place was truly an awful experience all the way around. I would never go back there and I would never send anyone there. I talked to a local who said that he lives almost beside the course, but would never play there, and would always opt to drive 30-40 minutes away to play somewhere else.

Until they get their act together, this is most certainly a place to avoid.

has potential

1    10/16/2012   11/12/2012
Review By: chriscimo
Pros: golf carts

open holes
Cons: rude & very unorganized staff

rundown club

course needs lots of maintenance

Golf cart brakes didn't work
Other Thoughts: I would have liked this place much more if there weren't hacking ball golfers out there hahaha. Also there was some issue with the employees.
First off I stood at the desk for 10 min. waiting for someone to help ringing the bell just to find out the guy standing next to me for 10 min. worked there and could have helped me but decided to stand there like an idiot and say nothing. I payed 20 bucks for 2 people with a cart after the payment the woman then tells me that there are no more carts i said ok then can i get reimbursed for the cart she then said there are no refunds of any kind. after a fued with the woman the idiot guy next to me goes outside and starts asking some of the golfers if there are any extra keys in the cart or if he can use the keys from one of the carts because i guess the keyholes were broken on some of them and did not need the key to stay in. After a few min. the guy said oh well and laughed. I did not think it was funny. After asking the woman why she didn't check out the carts she then started raising her voice at us and tried to say that she had told us of the situation. I then asked why I would pay for something that is not available. she then huffed and puffed and went in the back and got a set of keys, literally threw them on the counter and said "just take the one out there!" and pointed to a cart that her co-worker was occupying. (he was sitting there smoking a fag bsing with people outside) then on the way out the door we heard the woman bitching about us to the customers at the bar. this woman was about 55 with a long island style accent with a nose ring and was trying to dress like a trashy 20 year old...very disgusting.

1    10/27/2012   10/28/2012
Review By: RussMB
This review was updated on 7/10/2013
Pros: READ THIS FIRST: This is not a slight in anyway towards those that designed and installed the Disc Golf Course.
The designers of this disc golf course need to pull up these baskets and place them in an area more conducive to Disc Golfers! I appreciate the effort that was made to install this Disc Golf course and everything that was involved in seeing this through to completion. However the owners of the Forest Hills Golf course do not deserve our business. The staff here go out of their way to make sure that Disc Golfers don't come back. Outside of my own experience; I've heard story after story about run ins with the staff, the cashier lady ignoring us, snapping at us, and I've heard about a couple instances of them over charging people to play Disc Golf. It's really hard to even recommend this course to anyone. This is just my two cents!

- Open fairway distance course, which is integrated into a ball golf course.

- The layout was designed for Distance, and players with a long arm

- Well-manicured, scenic, and open, with numerous ponds and water hazards coming into play.

- "Golf Only " Private property. The only interactions are with other golfers

- It is a pay to play. I paid 5$ to walk, but 10$ will get you a cart. I had no problem paying 5$ to play here.

- The Red tees are challenging enough for the Average player that can throw 250-300ft. Beginners, Casual, and Rec's may find the long distance shots frustrating. (*Hammock Park is nearby, and adequate for beginners)

- Multiple Tee Pads,(Gold, Blue & Red) and multiple/alt baskets *Some fairways had two baskets, others had one. But all had multiple pin locations according to the map.

- The tee's max distances avg: Gold: 500-600ft; Blues:400-500ft; Reds 300-400ft

- Maps are available at ClearWater Disc Golf Store. Just plan to get one at Clearwater Discs or print one off this website. However you can get one, don't show up without it. You WILL need it if this is your first time!

- After #6, you will have to pass the Proshop. So if you need a break, a beer, or a stop at your vehicle, here's your chance. #7 is at near the entrance next to the road.

- The pin locations are good. They are placed in locations that create a challenge for your approach. You'll find most of the pins are placed next to water, or next to the water on the other side of a pond. This is to keep them off the putting greens & fairway to minimize ball golf interference

- The challenge lies with setting up your approach shot. The fairways are wide! A 325ft drive could still leave you with a 300ft approach shot. You could also end up wet.
Cons: - Get a map from ClearWater Discs or this website! The proshop will not have any available. Navigating from Basket to Tee was a big issue. They could use some Arrow signs on the baskets pointing players in the right direction. The DG course doesn't always follow the Ball course, and it's easy to get turned around. Especially since you can't see the teepads until you get right next to them.

- Since I originally posted this review, I've heard quite a few stories locally about run in's with the cashier lady as well as some of the staff. This is echoed in a few of the above reviews. I have also heard this from a number of local Disc Golfers and Ball Golfers. Apparently this is not a new issue and unfortunately not uncommon.

- No tee markers, The tee markers were painted on the cart paths, a thin color strip nailed to a tree, and/or a carpet or rubber pad. This made it very hard to locate where the tee was. I realize that some tees are in mid BG fairway, but since they are flat, locating is a challenge. Especially when the BG fairway goes one direction, and the DG goes another.

- The course itself is subject to some serious coastal winds. If it's an extremely windy day here, you will want to choose your discs carefully! It will sabotage your throws!

- Interactions with Ball Golfers may be an issue. Especially since it plays slower than disc golf.

- One tee is right up next to someone's property fence. Kinda akward
Other Thoughts: If you take away the attitude from the ball golf course staff, non-working golf carts, and any drunken ball golfers that want to give you a hard time about not playing "Real Golf", what's left is a decent course that has a lot of serious potential. It can get repetitive after a few holes, and the course will require your long arm.

At first glance, it is an open fairway course, but where you lie will define your second shot and how you will approach the basket. For instance, a drive that turns over to much, could still leave you with a 300ft approach shot or even land in or on the wrong side of a pond. Also, where you approach will determine whether or not your putt will be executed with a pond directly behind the basket. It's not a technical course per say, but it definitely challenged me to consider my whole flight path.

I dealt with a lot of "First Time" frustrations, which may lead to a different experience the next time I play here. I opted for the Blue tees, which was way above my throwing level. I should have opted for the red level tees, which will still require some distance, but much more reasonable for the average player. It is flat, as is most of the South eastern coastal regions, so that just comes with the territory.

I did enjoy playing at Forest Hills. The course is scenic, with a lot of water to play over and around. Also, the palm tree lined fairways add a nice touch to the experience. It's very picturesque and the surroundings will definitely enhance the experience. It is a long walk, so get some liquids before you come. The course is over 8,000ft, and thats not counting the walks in between transitions.

If you really want to make things interesting, make the putting greens OB.

learning the wind

1    6/11/2012   6/29/2012
Review By: preston dale agner
Pros: Being able to utilize the wind to get the max distance,learning to play accurate placement shots in order to stay out of the bunkers,and fairways which are ob.Relaxing between throws by riding a cart with service girls making rounds,learning that your greed might not get the best of you today!!!!!!
Cons: Learning that your greed and need for the downhill anhyzer 440didnt stop at the bucket ,but somehow passed all your previous lies and went into big gators mouth,ball golfers shocked as they struggle ,whacking away,as disc golfers watch thier putt they realize they gott work to do!!!!!big titts distractions all over this awsome course....
Other Thoughts: eat breakfast,practice putt on a windy hole,throw fifteen to twenty warm up drives before you start.play safe up shot putt to fairway approach 10 take a 3 move on,tailwind unstable disc on 1, 2, 5,.look out on fives am tee trust it dont flip it or its gone

5+    6/15/2012   6/29/2012
Review By: WendyG
Pros: This is an awesome Disc Golf course! I love to just ride the golf cart with my husband and check out all the shots. The breezes there are so wonderful. Guys, take your other half out to this course and let them ride around with you. They will love it!

There is a Bar for drinks and snacks and a beautiful view to enjoy.

The course is tough and challenging, but they recently installed am pads for the ladies so it plays really nice. And a lot easier than those brutal red pads.

I cant wait till other women start playing so I can have someone to compete with.
Cons: The only con I can think of is that I can't spend all day there enjoying the wonderful scenery, the breezes and all the wildlife that you can see while you ride around. Just a perfect way to spend the day or if you are on vacation.
Other Thoughts: If you haven't played there yet, check it out! It is a nice change from all the other courses you play all the time. You can play 2 rounds or more with the carts in no time at all.
$5 to walk $10 to ride a cart!

I could play everyday

5+    6/28/2012   6/28/2012
Review By: PEECEE
Pros: I love this course because of all of the different kinds of shots. It makes you a smarter and better player.

The carts make easy to get in two rounds and still want more. Plus now all the pads are clearly marked.

There is a sweet breeze on this course and the bar and staff are great. And there`s always hot chicks hanging around. Real nice!
Cons: Have not seen a lot of snakes but lots of gators...
Other Thoughts: The first ace that a saw on this course was on hole 16..
I think everyone should play doubles on every sat at 4:00 pm. Between the ctp and cash prize it is a very sweet Saturday afternoon....

new course in pinellas county

2-4    6/15/2012   6/15/2012
Review By: tedy4444
This review was updated on 6/20/2012
Pros: cheap green fees. carts make a world of difference. 3 pads make it nice for most levels of experience. very tough for someone new to the sport.
Cons: lots of water. when playin on a golf course you can expect wind. country club is pretty run down. it looks like disc golfers maintain and run it.
Other Thoughts: i am always happy with a new course in the area. this course has so much potentail to be great. i understand its new and a work in progress. once there is good signage and pads, i will be very happy with it and will probably bump my rating up to 4 or 4.5

Lots of length and potential

1    5/27/2012   6/8/2012
Review By: Marv Vega
Pros: The course plays along an executive golf course with cart rental available. Total with cart was $10. We played the blue tees and the course was long and open, averaging well over 400' per hole. Some real thought went into the design, a better-than-expected variety of holes made it even more challenging. Water is well utilized and is in play on 17 of the holes. Multiple tee and basket positions make this a versatile course.
Cons: A map is needed, stop by the Clearwater Disc Golf Store and pick one up if you're driving up 19. They have some at the clubhouse but the old lady at the front desk didn't bother to look for them until we stopped back after a few holes and informed her that the group behind us had one. The tee markings are done with a paint stripe on trees and sometimes spray painted grass, some tees were frustratingly difficult to locate-even with a map. "Scouting out" a number of the holes is needed, even with a map. With the length and water, not real beginner friendly.
Other Thoughts: This course has real potential to be a championship caliber course. It's a little raw but is only a few weeks old. The addition of tee pads, tee signs, and arrows would improve the course immensely. Carts are a nice option, especially with the course length and Florida heat. Overall a nice addition to the Tampa Bay disc golf scene.

Misinformed

2-4    6/6/2012   6/6/2012
Review By: trobbii
Pros: Loved the play on a small ball course/golf carts. That and the layout and use of the course was designed well. Props there.
Cons: Was raised in FL but I now live in Texas and am here on vacation. Went to the I I Clearwater disc golf shop where I got great service. The guy who told me about the course hyped it up a bit much. When arriving the lil sweet old lady behind the desk told me it was only a 9 hole course when I was told it was 18. There was no map and was very hard to figure out where to tee off from the first round. Once you play it once its not so bad. Once real tee boxes and proper signs are in place it will be an improvement. Watch out for Gators I saw a 9 footer about 10' from shore while I was trying to fish out a disc.
Other Thoughts: Very challenging and 17 holes with water in play.