Wildwood, FL
Lake Okahumpka Share
Uploaded By: Scott L. Kuhns Hole #2 (Taken 11/2012)

Well Done

1    8/4/2013   8/6/2013
Review By: davmer2303
Pros: * Well packed shell pads, with good clear signage.
* Excellent flow with easy to follow directions.
* Very good hole variety with anhyzer, hyzer, extremely tight to wide open.
* two over 400 ft holes plus one sub 200 footer and all points in between.
* Hole 8 is a well done, laser thin, bit of strategy.
* Most of the course is well shaded, and has bathrooms and water fountains.
* Course was very well maintained and the locals were very friendly and helpful.
* Although only nine holes, replay factor is good, and the course was a good, moderate challenge with distance and obstacles.
* Fun factor was high. I compare this to Limona in Brandon. It is an excellent, diverse well thought out, nine holer.
Cons: * Would be nice to have more holes. Seems like at least three more would be easy to fit in
* It's Florida and near a lake so take your spray.
Other Thoughts: Lake Okahumpka Park has a bit for everyone. There is a walking track, trails, volleyball, horseshoes, boat launch, canoe rentals, and lovely nature. It also contains a very pleasurable, diverse, 9 hole course. I really enjoyed throwing here, but did wish that there was more holes. I traveled 90 minutes here and would be happy to come back with my kids to make it part of a day's activities. Floral Park is not too far away, and the two of them together could make an excellent day of DG. So don't let the 9 holes get you down, Play it twice. All your discs will be used, and I assure you, you wont be disappointed!

Good Fun

2-4    7/11/2013   7/14/2013
Review By: ShopTom.com
Pros: +9 holes. Yes, only 9 nine holes is a plus for me as I just wanted to stop for exercise while I was driving the close by interstate!

+shot variety. Right/left/straight you know what I mean and get it all here. Plus a short wooded and long open to use more of your bag.

+landscaping. The mower guys were out while I was there and they waited while I played through. The fairways are well defined.

+signage. Tee signs with distance and direction so there was never a problem. Next tee signs kept me flowing the right direction too.

+activity. It's a fully loaded park so you can drop off the rest of the family while you golf if needed.
Cons: -I lost a disc trying to cut a corner and didn't know who to contact for lost and found.
Other Thoughts: I understand trash cans are preferred, but it's only 9 holes so I dropped my water bottle in my truck and got a new one on the way by each round. It's not that complicated.

The dirt/shell tees were fine by me as they are hard packed. A couple had dips in the front that could be filled in, but I just moved over a foot.

There was a hawk hanging out at the first wooded hole who stopped eating on the ground and watched me closely walk past.

I very much enjoyed my stop here and in fact canceled my next two golf stops so that I could stay longer! See you again on the trip home.