Charleston, WV
Redeemer Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: JonathanAlan721   (Taken 11/2012)

Awesome course and awesome people

1    9/21/2013   9/29/2013
Review By: rossboss08
Pros: *There is ton of veriaty. you could play the course all day by using the alternate tees. My friends and I, kept saying it was kinda like a crazy putt-putt, but in a good way. the holes are a little funky but really fun. it is a great use of property on the side of a hill. They also have nets to catch discs from rolling all the way down the hills. *The people here we're really friendly. My friends and I were driving through from Cincinnati and not only did the guys working on the course let us play through, but then they gave us a free mini driver and stickers. *The tee boxes were really unique and functional.
Cons: *It's kinda hard to find. The directions got me there, but its kinda confusing because it's up on a steep hill and behind a church. (don't let it confuse you go to the back off the church parking lot and you'll see two small sheds. *Also, there is a sign that says to check in, in the church. we didn't really know wether to go in, seeing how it was sunday (at a church) and we were passing through. * It's a little tight, We played with no one else on the course, but if other people were playing I'd be a little scared of hitting someone on accident.
Other Thoughts: Great place! Definitely going to stop again, along the way to New River Gorge.

Steve is the MAN!

1    6/1/2013   7/30/2013
Review By: BigBen1421
Pros: First off, I just wanted to thank Steve for all his hard work on this course. He puts so much of his own time and making sure this course is well maintained and does an amazing job at it!

The variety here is amazing. The people that are complaining about the length need to man up and head back to the long tees that Steve has been working so hard on. I was on a trip to Richmond, Virginia and needed a course to play on the way back to Ohio and I stumbled across this beauty.The tee pads are one of a kind with great signage as well. Redeemer is constantly being improved. Steve had just finished an elevated basket with turf green surrounding the basket on hole 5 and it is extremely unique. You have your ace run buzz holes, forehand bombs, backhand strategic holes, and backhand hyzer bombs.

Give this course a few years and the possibilities are endless of what Steve could do with it.

Cons: When a course has great tee pads, great baskets with great pin locations, and I have a helluva round... why complain?
Other Thoughts: I did see a pretty nice size snake on hole 1 after my first throw of the day 150 feet down the fairway that made me kind of paranoid of where I stepped.

This course is a must play when traveling on 35. This truly is the only 4 chain course in a very wide range.

Not bad

1    7/22/2013   7/23/2013
Review By: rvajf00
Pros: Scenic
Some really fun holes
Nice Tee Pads
Well maintained
Good Signs
Cons: Extremely Hilly
Most holes are short
Very thick OBs/roughs
Tee locations are not always obvious to spot
Other Thoughts: This was my first time playing Redeemer and overall its a decent 18 holer. It was pretty easy to find for an out of towner. I played it at 8AM and the grass was still wet from rain/dew and I had on some shoes with poor traction and I was slipping and sliding all over the place. This course requires you to walk up and down steep terrain especially if you have an errant throw away from the hole's fairway. I definitely recommend wearing a boot or a shoe with good traction, or playing on a very dry day because navigating the course was tricky and I tweaked my knee walking around this place. Most of the holes are under 300 ft and I only needed a Roc and Aviar for all the holes.

I too saw a deer. She was eating some apples under a tree and she let me get quite close for a picture, which was a really special moment. Overall, I will play here again and be more prepared and I will have a better experience.

Very Nice

1    5/27/2013   5/30/2013
Review By: Harky
Pros: Very nice and challenging lines. Picturesque, and fun. Every hole was well thought out and designed. There are a few that test your ability to make your disc sit as having it roll would mean a long walk down what equates to a small mountainside down to a ravine. You need to work at keeping your throws under control as the "rough" is quite thick and you can easily loose a disc. Very well maintained and clean. They do a great job of making it an accessible play to all variations of skill with multiple tees and different placements of the baskets. Just well done.
Cons: Not much. It is a little challenging for a RHBH thrower as most of the lines travel to the right. I had to use my understables a lot, such as the new D4 from prodigy and the Katana from innova.
Other Thoughts: They also have a nice pro shop that is open at limited times and they do a great job of finding and trying to give back any and all lost discs. Great place to play. Hope to make it back again someday.

Finally 18 holes in KV

2-4    9/5/2012   9/14/2012
Review By: tbird8834
Pros: Gets the heart rate up on the hills, benches and swing are a nice touch, technical on most holes, the uphill throws turn a short hole into a much longer one
Cons: Still a hole or 2 that could use some weed removal for beginners
Other Thoughts: Have played 3 times and the 2 fawns have been there each time, they seem almost tame and are fun to watch.

Great little DGC

5+    7/29/2012   8/3/2012
Review By: mikeljay88
Pros: 18 Holes
New Innova Baskets
Great use of the space provided
Cons: Metal tee pads
Monster groundhog
Other Thoughts: I've played this course about 10 tomes since they added 9 more baskets. This is a fun, rather short but somewhat technical course. You can play all 18 in about 1 hour. Greg and Steve do an excellent job with course maintenance. The tee pads are being fitted with anti-skid material.

Still New

2-4    10/1/2012   6/24/2012
Review By: knettles
This review was updated on 5/6/2014
Pros: -Brand new Innova baskets.
-Good use of space.
-Rather hilly (in my opinion, that's a pro).
-Good mix of open, slightly wooded, and moderately wooded.
-Short and long tees (on all but top 9 holes as of 5/6/14).
Cons: -While the grip tape on the teepads definitely gives more traction, most of them only have the grip tape covering a 30"/36" wide part of the teepad. So if your runup goes awry, you could still slip and bust yourself.
Other Thoughts: Finally, an 18 (now 27) hole course in Charleston! I've played a few rounds with the builders. They're super nice people. It really is a fun course, especially now that they put some traction on the teepads. Not only did they put grip tape on the teepads, but they're also working on a set of pro tees. They're continually adding more, and should have pro tees on the whole course soon. These really improve the course, given some of the short tees are very short. Great course, definitely check it out.