Dorr, MI
Salem Township Park Share
Uploaded By: apdrvya Hole #1 (Taken 6/2012)
2 / 91ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Bring your Frisbee

1    4/7/2014   4/7/2014
Review By: sgamerp
Pros: For the land they did a good amount of use with the elevation.

Easily route-able there should be no issue finding your way

great starter course, could play here with a putter and a mid and still do very well.

They have bathrooms in the summer and a portapotty for the winter
Cons: Besides hole 5 I threw a putter on every hole. There is no real length.

Poles - they are placed nice but they are poles.

Lines- some of the lines seemed really weird to me. the first hole by looks seemed far out I threw a putter at 50% on a huge hyzer(around a tree) and I threw 75 feet passed it(I am a noodle arm)

teepads are grass and have random weird work out stuff
Other Thoughts: This course is fun for what it is. I am not a huge fan of pole courses, and it felt weird that there was a bunch of random work out stuff by the tee pads. They have a pole at each end for tee and basket.

I liked it for what it was, if it was in my city I would go there, unless you are trying to rack up courses or in the area I feel there is no reason to go there.

Sweet shorty

1    8/12/2012   8/12/2012
Review By: lazydisc
This review was updated on 8/21/2012
Pros: Nicely setup for beginners and quick play. Short holes that can be challenges. Shots that take you around trees and one really good distance shot. Paved trail that winds around the course. Course is a loop that begins and ends at the parking lot. Solid poles as markers. Great use of the few obstacles available.
Cons: Short. Nine had me worried about going thru the fire departments window. No teepads so i see damage to the tee area to be seen soon.
Other Thoughts: Because both tees are poles you can play a loop forward and then loop back playing the tee poles as baskets. Nice course shows that disc golf is catching on if these small small towns are building courses. Big picnic shelter and good playground. Overall I really liked it.
Also its listed as being in Dorr..Its not. Its in Burnips. behind the library/townhall/fire department. Just a heads up.

Short and Sweet

1    6/30/2012   7/2/2012
Review By: jonesydesign
Pros: Well kept grounds, solid posts, easy to navigate, short enough for ace possibilities
Cons: very short holes, no defined tees, posts instead of baskets
Other Thoughts: I was impressed at the time put into setting the posts, very solid. The overall park was nice but it lacked variety. There are just a few scattered tree hazards and most shots were just straight ahead from the tee signs. Most of the holes are really short which can still be fun but I found aiming at posts to be a whole different game than the normal basket and chains setup you'd expect. If you're in the area it's worth checking out but I wouldn't make any long trips to play it.

Tiny tiny little course

1    6/25/2012   6/25/2012
Review By: apdrvya
Pros: Aesthetic-- course plays through a multi-use park in the middle of nowhere behind a township hall. there are cornfields all around here so it's windy for sure. There are many red sculptures throughout the park that don't seem to serve a purpose other than aesthetic.

Poles-Surprisingly, all 9 poles are mounted in professionally laid concrete tubes. when hitting the pole, it sounds like a tonal pole. kind of a nice feature, let me hear my ace on #3

Map-- there is a map on the back of the garage near #1, but it's not really necessary

routing/nav-- relatively easy, the new tee poles are brightly painted and easy to spot.
Cons: length/challenge-- this course is SUPER easy. I aced #3 on my first go through. the first two holes are sub 100'ers...

pars-- very forgiving and variable. I don't mind having some higher than 3 pars but this course has some par 5's that are easy par 3's. the first two holes (<100' each) are par 2's.

Other Thoughts: Kinda surprised for a pole course how much work went into pouring of the pole "feet."

gas station across the road for fluids and gas...