Logan, WV
Chief Logan Rec. Center DGC Share

Yikes ... A hike

1    6/25/2015   6/25/2015
Review By: JBryant
Pros: Great baskets.
Well maintained
Some fun shots- ex #4,#7 stand out
New signs from pictures on dgcr. Doesn't need the signs though.
Great use of space available.
Cons: Only 9 holes. Seems there is more room up the mountain. BUT.. It was exhausting to hike the few holes here. Walking up to #3 basket the up the remainder of the hill to #4's tee was a killer. I'm not a smoker and I'm decently In shape but I had to take a break at 4.

Not a lot of variety here. It was kinda boring. Throw up the mountain.. Throw down the mountain. They did what they could but it's not gonna attract many disc golfers.

No other courses around so it's not really worth the drive. I just wanted to check it off my courses played and I happened to be close by.
Other Thoughts: The previous review said pay to play and rude staff. I wasn't asked to pay and the staff was nice to me. You could just park and go play it. They would never know. The only reason I went inside was to find out where the first tee was then to clean up after the round.

Ehh

1    1/29/2013   1/29/2013
Review By: knettles
Pros: -Nice use of terrain (up, down, across hills).
-Good Innova baskets.
-Plenty of room for a run-up at tees.
-Some variety in distance on holes.
Cons: -Pay to play.
-Course is mostly open and just feels boring.
-Grass tees (some uneven).
-Only 9 holes.
Other Thoughts: I just want to say, the staff was not very friendly, and they ripped me off! The sign at the start of the course clearly states it's free for members and $2 for guests. They charged me $5 to play, so I brought up the sign. They said it was $2 for members and $5 for guests. I didn't feel like arguing, so I just paid the five.

Now, onto the course. It wasn't horrible, just didn't seem very exciting at all. It was mostly open with a few trees here and there, but just didn't warrant a second play through. Of course, there aren't really other any courses in the area. Don't drive here just to play this one unless you're a completionist. If you're passing through and have some time to kill, check it out. Just don't get your hopes too high.

Great time!

1    11/10/2012   11/24/2012
Review By: Shon
Pros: Well maintained, appropriate parking, nice tee box signs, very good use of natural height changes.
Cons: No tee boxes, if you throw off fairway the grass is very tall (2 feet in many places), first course I ever had to pay at (just $2), lost a disc on 4.
Other Thoughts: Easily the smallest course I have ever played (total acreage wise) but a great use of the space, par 3's, a couple off cliff areas that were extra fun. Play it safe around the deep grass on the 4th!