Layout Extinct

Hudson, OH
Hudson Springs Park - Old Layout Share

Why do you all like this place?

1    8/7/2010   8/8/2010
Review By: Bikinimower
This review was updated on 8/9/2010
Pros: It has baskets to throw Discs into
Once you realize this place kinda sucks the are a number of other more fun activities to do on site.
Well Maintained
Good for beginners
Some of the Lake holes have nice views
Cons: Crowded (not sure why)
Tee Pads, small cement squares. They don't point in the direction of the hole and they are worthless if you have any run up at all in your throw.
Rusty Old low Quality Disc Catchers
They didn't have the greatest land to work with but they didn't use too well either
No Challenge
No Fun Factor
All the holes all bunched together
Very Repetitious, you feel like your playing the same hole over and over
Other Thoughts: I'm not sure why people rate this course so high, as I was looking through the reviews I even saw that it got some 4's. The first thing I noticed when I pulled up was how crowded it was. I figured that was a good sign but I was disappointed when i played it.

We'll start with the Tees. They were 3ft x 3ft square of concrete. There is no room on them for anything other than a flatfoot release. I thought they just got in the way and I stepped off to the side and just threw from the grass.

I didn't care much for the catchers either they were old and Rusty. A lot of the Holes were too close together. More than once I almost got hit by a disc that was intended for a neighboring hole. I also thought the holes were all pretty similar, not one hole struck me as unique

On the other hand it was busy so people must like it. Some of the Lake holes were cool and there were more hot girls there then any other course I've been to (Frisbee-yatches as my friends and I affectionately call them) It's also well taken care of and there are plenty of other fun things to do on site as well.

Unfortunately the Frisbee-yatches weren't enough to sway my opinion.Why anyone would choose to play this course when Roscoe Ewing is less than 20 miles away is beyond me I would recommend this course for someone who is just learning but I would not recommend it for someone with a higher skill level or someone who is trying to improve their game. I would most definitely not recommend it for a road trip.