Room for Improvement
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Wittenberg is very close to home and very easy to get a round in fast. In my 2 rounds I have gotten around in about 30 minutes each nine.
- Great way to learn new shots and gain distance. As someone starting out, I've learned that I need to practice new lines in order to score lower.
- Reasonably short. No 1000 ft bomb holes. Good for the am.
- Very technical. Tight lines, but many different routes.
- Some great ace runs on 6 and 9.
- Par 4 and 5s that provide a different look on every hole. 2 is a fantastic par 5 with a risk reward pin on the side of a hill by an OB road. 4 is a fantastic hole in that while you could possibly park it for an eagle or birdie, there is plenty of trouble. 7 is a great hole with tons of lines. None are easy though! 8 is a fun downhill par 4 that you can eagle, but hit a tree and you're kinda screwed! Fun hole though.
Cons: - 9 hole course with one hole location. As many lines as there are, every round is the same layout. :(
- No concrete tee pads or directions. MUST have a course map to play it the way it is. This would add a star if this gets fixed.
- As unique as hole 1 is, I don't like that it's a heavily used road. Some traffic issues there.
- 3 is a hyzer hole, but it brings a heavily used parking lot in play.
- 5 is a cool hole concept, but I don't like a tucked pin par 3 like that.
Other Thoughts: All in all, Witt has a very solid layout, and has some definite potential. Just a few changes away from being a 3.5 to 4 rating!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
typical college course with some hills
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: short course good for a quick game
has some nice challenges
Cons: can be busy with people walking though the course to and from class
not marked well.. or at all
tees are muddy in the rain
Other Thoughts: solid little college course on a small beautiful campus. nice and hilly with a couple semi blind throws. lots of aces possible here.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
On campus 9 hole
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: This on campus course, has some nice elevation changes too it...nicely spread out, with brick tee pads. No signs to the next tees though.
Cons: Needs signs to better navigate where the tees are..
Other Thoughts: This course has some nice elevation changes too it..just needs some signs for the course.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Nice campus setting with lots of trees. As others have said, good elevation changes & the grass is cut regularly. Some of the baskets still have numbers on them.
Cons: There are no tee signs or real boxes. There is dirt areas for most holes, but some are hard to locate.
Other Thoughts: Hole one is to the left of basket 9 and when throwing, you throw to the basket across the road. Hole 2 goes in front of building. Hole 3 is along side of building and holes 4-7 are behind building using hills. Hole 8 & 9 are back out in front of building & finish by fountain. Fun course. I wrote this to hopefully help people find the holes. I had help from local, but wanted to assist others. This is my first review, I hope it helps.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.