Round Rock, TX
Old Settlers' Park Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #4 (Taken 10/2006)
5 / 1053ft.   5 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:

Not fun, frustrating

2-4    6/13/2011   6/16/2011
Review By: drooh
Pros: It's a disc golf course. 18 holes.
Cons: Way too hard. Way too long. Can only hit par if you are a pro and having a good day. Not good for average players and definitely not good for beginners or anyone wanting to have fun.
Other Thoughts: Honestly, I was born in Austin and have been playing disc golf as an amateur since I was a teen. This is probably one of my least favorite courses. Last time inlayed I could not believe hole 4 was a par 4. It's ridiculous. I felt like it was a waste of the park to make it so difficult. I feel bad for new bees and kids coming to try the sport and leaving frustrated. I wanted to call the parks and ask them to consider making it easier or some optional tees for those who are not blue chip pros. I would be happy if they made a sign that warned people about the difficulty.

least fun i have ever had playing disc golf

1    9/23/2008   1/23/2009
Review By: invidious
Cons: I played 5 holes and stopped. Excessively windy, course is too baren.

I spent 45 minutes trying to find my yellow disc in a wide open field of brown dead grass / dirt, and this was in bounds.

On one hole my disc landed in a brook that is litterally 10-15 feet from the hole.
Other Thoughts: Perhaps I just had some bad luck but this course seems poorly planned and maintained. Dead grass and holes within putting distance of water.

I dont understand the good ratings this is getting, maybe the back 9 is better.