Round Rock, TX
Old Settlers' Park Share
Uploaded By: Texadelphos Hole #13B (Taken 7/2014)
3 / 275ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #13B Tee

Great Challenge; Different for the Area

1    12/27/2012   12/31/2012
Review By: tbsox
Pros: Good variety for the area. The Park was really nice as well. Some multi use areas but overall the park was quiet and we were able to play through with no issues. 16 was a great hole. a high overlook of the lake in the park. If you've got a good long drive you can try at the hole but for all the newer players there is a great shorter escape still across the water that is makable. Several of the additional holes are also fun. 10A plays in almost without notice. The pair of additionals for 13 are also fun to play. The second of which has a built up platform that gives a neat piece of built variety in the middle of the course.

Course signage is really good. And as a whole the course is easy to play and flows from hole to hole well.
Cons: This course is painfully long. The First 1000 footer was really pointless. The hole was difficult to see even after the second throw. While it is a theme for most of the course it is certainly true of the longer holes. They are really open grip and rips. By the time we got to the second 1000 footer our collective arms were all so tired the risk of the lake to the left seemed more of a problem that it should be.
Other Thoughts: We played in the holiday season so the park also had the lights from the trail up. This was a really cool addition in the end. Wanting to not damage them in any way created a few interesting challenges. I give this course a bit of extra credit because its different from what you normally get. There are a lot of length differences and hole variety. Also, the 16th hole is a really nice marque hole.

Although long, very good course!!!

5+    4/16/2012   4/20/2012
Review By: coachhart25
Pros: Concrete tees were good, yard signs and markers, city keeps grass windflowers in good shape. Right now water in lake and little streams, so nice scenery. This is a good course if you are pushing a jogging stroller or walking by yourself.
Cons: Not very shaded, and very LONG. There were a couple of holes (#4 and #5) that I gave myself a shot. Come on, a par 4 1000? I am a newbie and very thrilled about this sport, but this course is way long. A little bit of a walk from hole 3 to 4, but it was manageable.
Other Thoughts: To be honest I really. Like this course. It is close to my house, but I have played at cat hollow, wilco, and brushy creek sport park, and I like this one. Maybe it is because it is open, but heck I still lost a fairway driver on hole two feeding the lake. I also skipped hole 16, because I am not ready to have to throw a disc over a portion of the lake, no matter how far. If the wind is going against you on the long holes...nice try. The tee boxes are nice, I like how from one to three builds up to a monster on 4. I do wis they would have mowed a little more around holes 8-10 going up to the watermark-that was a little iffy. However if you want to play 18 and don't mind walking and getting some sun (do it now while it is not 100 degrees, then this course is great!

bring your drivers

5+    12/12/2011   12/16/2011
Review By: howarp
This review was updated on 12/22/2011
Pros: I love this course. It is rarely crowded. Parking is ample and holes are relatively easy to find on your first visit. Even though alot of the holes are long and wide open there are still some good elevation changes, a few technical holes, and a few water hazards.
Cons: My main complaint is that I've had alot of people disrupt my round for various reasons. For example, I've had to skip holes because of overflow parking for a chili festival and wedding pictures on the bridge at hole #4.. and countless other people completely oblivious to the fact they are walking though a golf course. Hey, thems the breaks for playing a free, public course I s'pose.

Long course

1    10/10/2010   10/11/2010
Review By: chalos13
Pros: This course has some really long open shots. The scenery was very nice with the pond, the park is large so even though there were other players and people in the park, there was never an issue of people being in the way. Some challenging elevation changes made it a fun course to play.
Cons: With quite a few holes being large and open the wind was a beast here. Hole 4 is over 1000 ft. We were playing into the wind, and it's supposed to be par 4. I'd have to play in calm conditions, but after playing yesterday I feel like the pars may be a little low. The front nine you play uphill quite a lot and we were into the wind, so I enjoyed the back 9 much more.
Other Thoughts: This course would have been very fun with calmer conditions. It reminded me of Lindsey Park Blue course in Tyler Tx without all the trees in the way (I hate those trees). It's a good place to really stretch your arm and go for distance. I liked the course. Be sure to get a picture of the map on your way in, the navigation is a little confusing between a couple holes, and many of the holes can't be seen from the tee boxes due to distance, hills or turns. I want to play this one again.

From a new player

5+    4/12/2010   4/12/2010
Review By: Ziekk
Pros: Note: I'm new to playing, keep that in mind.
I love the openness on almost all holes here. Shots that would have gone deep into the treeline elsewhere were very forgiving here.
The course layout is easy to follow...usually. There are a couple points that took us a few minutes to find the next tee, but we quickly learned the "follow the path in the grass" rule.
Cons: Aside from launching 2 discs irretrievably into the pond? It's incredibly windy there.
Other Thoughts: As a beginner, I love this course. I'm still learning to drive properly, so the forgiving nature of the park appeals to me greatly. I've dug around in the trees in Cat Hollow way too much recently.

I actually like the mixed nature of the park. You'll have a BBQ going on, people walking their dogs, riding horses around, sometimes bands playing there, and it just feels so peaceful there. Everything is in bloom as of the time of this writing, and it is beautiful.

Beginners in the area, come try this out. You wont regret it.

old settelers park

5+    3/14/2009   3/20/2009
Review By: produce guy
Pros: It's long.it's wide open and it's fun,it has 2 holes that are a 1000 ft. plus.It mostly flat with some grass and lots of dirt/rocks,and trees.
Cons: It's long,It's wide open and can be very ,very windy.
Other Thoughts: It's great course and has a great BBQ resturaunt at the entrance,easy to follow course,nice big lake /pond in the middle of the park,never to many people playing,Son and I have only played this course in the winter/spring months-Jan.m,Feb.,March,haven't played it in the summer yet.