Austin, TX
Circle C Metro Park @ Slaughter Creek Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #15 (Taken 5/2009)
Hole #15 Short Tee

5+    7/29/2010   7/29/2011
Review By: CKR-JK
Pros: Tee pads.
Alotof time and money went into this course.
Hole 18 is sick. If you can get a 4, you da man.
Cons: Litter.
Long waits when its a nice day with so many casuals.
Have to carry alot of water on hot days.
Other Thoughts: My favorite course in Austin.

Slaughter Creek ALLRIGHT!!

1    1/16/2011   7/12/2011
Pros: 1) Large dual concrete tees are always appreciated on any course, but especially on one as challenging as this one.

2) Discatchers in great shape and the yellow bands are helpful in the woods to find the basket . . . they catch well and look good too.

3) Lots of the walk paths are lined with trees and stuff to help guide you from one hole to the next.
This is a navigation aid, but it also looks good in my opinion.

4) Mulch used all over this course helps to cut down on the compaction while improving the visual appearance of the course too.

5) Signs are typical Houck signs which lead the pack as far as I am concerned. All of the info like Par, distance, Hole #, and a map of the hole are included.

6) Artificial turf placed around the first tee as well as the practice basket. I wrote this down on my sheet of paper of notes for my review, but the picture on the course doesn't show any turf . . .Im not 100% or perhaps there has been a change.

7) Multiple practice baskets allow for putts and even some short approaches. Great warmup facility if you ask me.

8) Plenty of garbage cans around the course to throw your trash away.

9) Maintenance seems to be a priority on this course and from the sounds of it it is not just volunteers but the parks department is involved . . . something you dont see enough of in disc golf.

10) Plenty of benches for those slow or hot Texas days!

11) Multiple signature holes . . . I was excited to get to the next tee after every hole and htis doesnt happen on all course.

12) Plenty of property in this park . . . hoping maybe they would put in more holes at some point or perhaps that land is for other uses down the road or just for natural habitat, but they could have a ton of great holes out there if they wanted to expand.

13) Interesting feature on #4 with the stack of stones in the fairway.

14) Nice variety in holes distances, foliage density, shot shaping, disc selection, etc etc etc . . . bring it ALL!

15) Nice restroom facility and I think I saw a water fountain also.

16) Moderate elevation changes on some holes make the shot selection change from time to time and I like that.

17) Water comes into play a couple times but it might depend ont he time of year you play this course.
Cons: 1) Lots of rock on this course . . . mulch covers a lot of the rocky soils, but there still are areas where you need to watch your step to avoid hurting an ankle.

2) Some of the mulch was laid too thick . . . it makes runups difficult and could lead to twisted ankles here or there.

3) Seems to be a little vandalism but all in all not terrible. There probably are enough good people out there to yell at the idiots doing any of the vandalism.

4) Not really beginner friendly but multiple tees help out slightly.

5) Really tough thick rough in some areas can definitely lead to lost discs.
Other Thoughts: There just aren't many weaknesses on this course. I mentioned a few and the rest seem almost nitpicy because disc golf is always a little rough around the edges. I am sure it is always busy and I am sure it gets a lot of play. It is a wonderful challenge and each hole presents something for you to worry about.

Challenging to say the least.

1    11/28/2010   4/8/2011
Review By: QBeaver
Pros: Beautiful surroundings! This is one of the prettiest courses I've played. Very challenging shots, with lots of trees to navigate. This course is not for the novice player in my opinion. Concrete tees, and good baskets. Some long distance holes for those big arms out there, but remember the shots are pretty technical too.
Cons: Difficult course all around. Trees are in your way off of most tees, and the woods along the fairways will devour discs, never to be seen again I'm sure. I would recommend, even with the heat and humidity of Austin, that you wear pants, lots of prickly things out there, and you will definitely be shooting from within the woods at some point.
Other Thoughts: Can't wait to visit the area again, one of the most challenging courses I've played, and I've played DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz and Sipapu Mountain in New Mexico (2 very challenging courses).

Great Course

2-4    3/8/2011   3/15/2011
Review By: dchirish123
Pros: Interm. Player: Excellent course. Very diverse with the landscaping. Can't get lost (just stay to the pathway). Didn't get in anyones way. This course really helped me with my accuracy. Players area very friendly and helped with some disc selection for holes.
Cons: Played a little slow. You'll have to wait at times but for small groups the other players let us play through.
Other Thoughts: Would really like to play again and if I can afford to travel back. I would like to play some time this year for a tourney.

1    3/24/2010   2/24/2011
Review By: Dahlemj24
Pros: Great use of every shot you have. Long tight and technical fairways with a lot of nice pin placements.
Cons: Don't go to far off the fairway or you will be punished. I would agree with everyone that says not for beginners. I had been playing for almost 4 years before playing this course and it frustrated the hell out of me.

Circle C

1    2/16/2011   2/21/2011
Review By: backward_axis
Pros: By far, this course has the best upkeep I've seen yet. Some group (Austin Parks & Rec?) really takes time to care for this course. There is incredible shot variety throughout; with almost every hole different from the last. There are trails leading to the next box and signs everywhere, so I only had to use my map a couple of times. The entire course is set up in this park in such a way that no other park aspect (jogging trails, soccer fields, picnic tables, playgrounds) ever interferes with the playing of disc golf.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Other Thoughts: This course is a "must visit" if you're ever in the Austin area. My lame description can't do it justice; you have to check it out for yourself. It is awesome and I wish I lived closer.

Fun on a cloudy day

1    1/23/2011   1/26/2011
Review By: gek76
Pros: Clean and friendly park
Great holes, very challenging but not over whelming for new players( Played with 2 relatives that hadn't really played before, they really enjoyed it )
Nice signs and tee pads
Almost every hole challenges you to throw down the fair way or end up in the trees. No boring throwing across an empty field.
Cons: Got a little lost going from one hole to the next a couple of times. Signs pointing to the trial leading to the next hole would have helped. Lucky I had course map in my phone.
Other Thoughts: Really enjoyed playing here. Hope to get back to it on another visit. Not sure if you can have you dog on the course here. Saw some dogs off leash but also saw sign saying you had to keep them on leash. Some of the elevation changes and trails would be rough on a stroller.

1    1/18/2011   1/23/2011
Review By: crystal haze
Pros: Great mix of short and long holes, some elevation changes and well groomed. Challenging, but accessible for a range of skill as to not be only fun for advanced players. Technical and a range of shots required. I really felt like I was in a different world when I entered this course, like I stepped out off the highways nearby and had a restful hike through interesting nature.
Cons: Graffiti on some baskets and tees.

OMG!

2-4    12/29/2010   1/13/2011
Review By: CarRamRod
Pros: Incredible course!! Has every shot you could hope to throw in a round of disc golf. Very challenging but if you play this course you will become a better player.Teepads and baskets in great shape. Multiple tees for added difficulty. Very cool too playing in the middle of winter having all the Live Oak trees still having green on them. The 2 times i got to play it was raining once and 30 mph winds the next time and it was still an enjoyable experience.
Cons: If you haven't played the course be ready for a full day of disc golf, long hikes between some tees and thats if you take the right path. Once you have played it though everything flows very nicely.
Other Thoughts: If you love disc golf and are in Austin, play this course!

Championship course

1    1/2/2011   1/2/2011
Review By: ccornett32649
Pros: Good signage, well taken care of course, big teepads, good baskets, a huge variety of shots, and a sweet environment. Everything you want.
Cons: Zero, I have no complaints about this place.
Other Thoughts: This place is awesome and very challenging. If you can keep it in the 50s playing from the long tees you are playing great golf. Knowing how to throw real golf shots here is mandatory! Super scenic with huge rocks everywhere and fairly hilly. Worlds should be in Austin because of this course.