Austin, TX
Circle C Metro Park @ Slaughter Creek Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #18 (Taken 5/2009)
Hole #18 Approach

Challenging to say the least.

1    11/28/2010   4/8/2011
Review By: QBeaver
Pros: Beautiful surroundings! This is one of the prettiest courses I've played. Very challenging shots, with lots of trees to navigate. This course is not for the novice player in my opinion. Concrete tees, and good baskets. Some long distance holes for those big arms out there, but remember the shots are pretty technical too.
Cons: Difficult course all around. Trees are in your way off of most tees, and the woods along the fairways will devour discs, never to be seen again I'm sure. I would recommend, even with the heat and humidity of Austin, that you wear pants, lots of prickly things out there, and you will definitely be shooting from within the woods at some point.
Other Thoughts: Can't wait to visit the area again, one of the most challenging courses I've played, and I've played DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz and Sipapu Mountain in New Mexico (2 very challenging courses).

Great Course

2-4    3/8/2011   3/15/2011
Review By: dchirish123
Pros: Interm. Player: Excellent course. Very diverse with the landscaping. Can't get lost (just stay to the pathway). Didn't get in anyones way. This course really helped me with my accuracy. Players area very friendly and helped with some disc selection for holes.
Cons: Played a little slow. You'll have to wait at times but for small groups the other players let us play through.
Other Thoughts: Would really like to play again and if I can afford to travel back. I would like to play some time this year for a tourney.

1    3/24/2010   2/24/2011
Review By: Dahlemj24
Pros: Great use of every shot you have. Long tight and technical fairways with a lot of nice pin placements.
Cons: Don't go to far off the fairway or you will be punished. I would agree with everyone that says not for beginners. I had been playing for almost 4 years before playing this course and it frustrated the hell out of me.

Circle C

1    2/16/2011   2/21/2011
Review By: backward_axis
Pros: By far, this course has the best upkeep I've seen yet. Some group (Austin Parks & Rec?) really takes time to care for this course. There is incredible shot variety throughout; with almost every hole different from the last. There are trails leading to the next box and signs everywhere, so I only had to use my map a couple of times. The entire course is set up in this park in such a way that no other park aspect (jogging trails, soccer fields, picnic tables, playgrounds) ever interferes with the playing of disc golf.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Other Thoughts: This course is a "must visit" if you're ever in the Austin area. My lame description can't do it justice; you have to check it out for yourself. It is awesome and I wish I lived closer.

Fun on a cloudy day

1    1/23/2011   1/26/2011
Review By: gek76
Pros: Clean and friendly park
Great holes, very challenging but not over whelming for new players( Played with 2 relatives that hadn't really played before, they really enjoyed it )
Nice signs and tee pads
Almost every hole challenges you to throw down the fair way or end up in the trees. No boring throwing across an empty field.
Cons: Got a little lost going from one hole to the next a couple of times. Signs pointing to the trial leading to the next hole would have helped. Lucky I had course map in my phone.
Other Thoughts: Really enjoyed playing here. Hope to get back to it on another visit. Not sure if you can have you dog on the course here. Saw some dogs off leash but also saw sign saying you had to keep them on leash. Some of the elevation changes and trails would be rough on a stroller.

1    1/18/2011   1/23/2011
Review By: crystal haze
Pros: Great mix of short and long holes, some elevation changes and well groomed. Challenging, but accessible for a range of skill as to not be only fun for advanced players. Technical and a range of shots required. I really felt like I was in a different world when I entered this course, like I stepped out off the highways nearby and had a restful hike through interesting nature.
Cons: Graffiti on some baskets and tees.

OMG!

2-4    12/29/2010   1/13/2011
Review By: CarRamRod
Pros: Incredible course!! Has every shot you could hope to throw in a round of disc golf. Very challenging but if you play this course you will become a better player.Teepads and baskets in great shape. Multiple tees for added difficulty. Very cool too playing in the middle of winter having all the Live Oak trees still having green on them. The 2 times i got to play it was raining once and 30 mph winds the next time and it was still an enjoyable experience.
Cons: If you haven't played the course be ready for a full day of disc golf, long hikes between some tees and thats if you take the right path. Once you have played it though everything flows very nicely.
Other Thoughts: If you love disc golf and are in Austin, play this course!

Championship course

1    1/2/2011   1/2/2011
Review By: ccornett32649
Pros: Good signage, well taken care of course, big teepads, good baskets, a huge variety of shots, and a sweet environment. Everything you want.
Cons: Zero, I have no complaints about this place.
Other Thoughts: This place is awesome and very challenging. If you can keep it in the 50s playing from the long tees you are playing great golf. Knowing how to throw real golf shots here is mandatory! Super scenic with huge rocks everywhere and fairly hilly. Worlds should be in Austin because of this course.

killeen area discers

1    12/13/2010   12/20/2010
Review By: michelsea
This review was updated on 7/9/2013
Pros: Great mix of ling and short as well as straight and easy to very technical and difficult. Great scenery well maintained, and overall impressive
Cons: If you don't know what your doing this course may make you hate the sport. Rocky terrain and heavily wood so you may loose discs or destroy them if you aren't careful. It's also long as Hell so plan to make a day of it.
Other Thoughts: This is probably my favorite course I've played in years and don't trust your god when you get close to the course the trails are hard to spot at first and they are rocky but if you dont mind the hike its awesome. The wide selection of holes makes it fun and challenging but this is no course for beginners.

My Favorite Course

1    11/14/2009   11/19/2010
Review By: coyotepower
Pros: What's not to love? Elevation, trees, hazards combined with some excellent design make for an outstanding experience. Do not pass this one up!
Cons: Its 150 miles from home!
Other Thoughts: Had heard about this course before making the journey westward but WOW - this blew away our expectations of what DG should be like - makes my local courses seem kinda lame. I dream about this course at night sometimes.