Geneva, NY
Lakefront Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #10 (Taken 7/2012)
3 / 220ft.   3 / 260ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Quick short course near the finger lakes wine region.

1    9/3/2012   9/3/2012
Review By: prerube
Pros: Nice little tee signs.
Clear rubber tee pads at Red and White location.
Gold tape on the basket points to the next tee location, making navigation a breeze with out a map.
Very family friendly, good beginner course.
Very nice DiscNation Baskets.
It appears that hole 3 had 2 baskets. I saw a basket marked 35 and assumed it was a longer pin position for 3.
Nice views of the lake.
Clear sign of maintenance, nearly litter free, many groundhog holes are spray painted orange for safety, and lawn was freshly cut.
Cons: Tee pads are quite short, but so is the course. Not a lot of variety in distance in the shorts. Holes 6-10 were ace runs where I used the same putter for each shot. The longs give a little more variety, but 7-10 are still short.
Only 3 of the tee pads really changed the shot, most just added a little distance.
Hole 7 is the only exception to the decent flow of the course. After hole 6 you walk by basket 7 and walk the length of the hole and play back to the basket.
Not sure how the distances were measured, but a few of the holes seemed far shorter than the distances on the signage.
Basket 35 is just confusion.There is no signage telling you how to use the basket and it is too far into the course to use as a practice basket. .
Other Thoughts: As others have said 12 is an odd number, but I think 18 on the land provided would be too cramped and become a con. I think the designer made a great decision, even if it was unpopular.
Wind comes into play on this course. It totally changes how you play hole 10, a short little slight right into a major headwind off the lake.
When it comes to bringing your kids: the course is stroller friendly, but while it is a park, there is no playground visable from the disc golf area.

1    8/9/2012   8/9/2012
Review By: renoob
This review was updated on 8/29/2012
Pros: Nice tee signs and baskets.
Scenery is awesome, and the breeze off the lake is nice on a hot day.
It's the only course anywhere near Geneva, which kind of sucks, but the fact that this course exists means that there is disc golf in Geneva, which is a plus.
Nice use of the landscape. There aren't very many trees, but the ones that are there are taken advantage of to make the holes as interesting as possible.
For the most part, you can grip it and rip it without fear of losing your disc.
Cons: 12 holes is a weird number. The course is nice- I want more.
I had trouble finding my way around. I ended up parking in a weird spot on the advice of a state park employee I asked, and had to start on hole 6.
It's kind of annoying to have to walk up to the red tee to read the tee signs and then walk back to the white tee on every hole, but that's only a problem the first time you play.
There were guys there while I was playing putting up temporary snow fences all over the place, in some cases right through fairways. A couple times I had to throw over the fence, then backtrack and walk all the way around to get to my lie.
The rough on hole 4 is extremely thick and pretty close to the pin. If you throw into it you will most likely not find your disc.
Other Thoughts: I stopped by while doing some work in Geneva (I'm from Rochester) and had a good time. I'd definitely rate a little higher if there were 18 holes, but it is worth a stop if you're ever in Geneva for sure. If I'd had more time I would have gone through again from the red tees for some ace runs.
I wouldn't count this against the rating necessarily, but I find OB's in the middle of the course to be silly. To me, out of bounds means you're off the course completely. Throwing into the tall reeds is punishment enough. No need to call it OB IMO.

nice layout

2-4    6/14/2012   6/16/2012
Review By: GrEaTeRNaTeR
Pros: This course was laid out to use the full potential of the wavey topography. This is a great course for those looking to learn or use the big arm but also has a few holes that require a bit of aim. I would say this course is a great place to work out that back hand or side arm muscle.
Cons: A little dissapointed that its only 12 holes but the total distance of the course is the same as some 18 hole courses. This course is so fresh that it could use some better markers to the next tee, but like i always have said.... gotta open your eyes and look around.
Other Thoughts: I will definately play this course again, its fun and smthing new to chuck my discs at.