First time playing this course
0 Helpful / 7 Not
Pros: Well groomed lawn. Beautiful property.
Other Thoughts: No directional arrows pointing to next tee. Not enough parking. Not any parking really. I actually parked in the grass. Bathrooms were locked at 8:30 am on a Saturday. Basket 14 was not visible from the tee, it was a par 4, couldn't see basket until the 3rd throw. I am new, not sure if this is standard.
0 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Pretty nice course, well use of available land
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: * Good mix of easy then technical then easy etc. You get to warm up some before just letting 'er rip.
* Not every wide open hole is easy (#1 example, if you overshoot it, you overshoot by a good 50-100 feet b/c there is a steep drop off directly behind the basket, so do not let that big yellow island in the open field fool you ;-)).
* Long open holes present enough of a challenge, especially when elevation comes to play.
* It would be a family friendly place given the surrounding campgrounds. I wonder if city rec would be open to "renting out" used plastic for the campers. I know i've got a stack of beginner friendly plastic I'd donate to the cause. There is that campers shed there b/w #10/11
Cons: * Wide Open, this is an issue in the summer months... (especially when we start flirting w/ those 100 degree days).
* Speaking of, water fountains off and bathrooms closed in a campground in summer? Mo-Town city parks might want to rethink their policy on this.
* Where do you park during a tournament? "park at the sign by #1/#10" is gonna get crowded come tournament time.
Other Thoughts: Overall, the course makes really good use of the open strips of land that were otherwise unused. You start relatively easy on hole #1 (as noted, dont go long here, or it's a big uphill throw), and then you have to open it up for #2. #3/4/5/6/7 give you some challenge as you have to deal w/ tree lines, then #8/9 are open, #10 is sort of open, you have a few good lines coming off that pad, #11 is fun b/c you really need to S it thru and bring it back in (anhy-flick, etc..) #12 has one good straight line but the window is tight. #13 has it's own consequences, gotta love a good sink hole, #14 is open and long, #15 is technical, #16 is interesting, #17 and #18 are long and open. You dont really get bored, b/c as soon as you get tired of open fields you get thrown back into the trees. I am thinking that campground and Mo-Town/Hamblen County should//could get better involved, 1.00 for a camper to rent say a leopard and an aviar to kill a couple hours after dinner one night etc.
Overall this course is a great supplement to Kiwanis for people wanting to add distance to their overall game.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.