Dickinson, ND
Optimist DGC Share
Uploaded By: Deke Guff Hole #2 (Taken 6/2014)

Where did the pool go?

1    8/21/2013   8/22/2013
Review By: Hector Chain
Pros: The park has long, trapezoidal tee pads that give you the opportunity to use the word "trapezoidal" during your X-step. There is a pretty good mix of distances, with many shorter holes but a few that require a solid drive and accurate upshot.
The course uses the trees it has, forcing certain lines when possible.
Cons: It appears the course is undergoing a re-design. Many holes seemed to have multiple tee pads, and some had "No" scrawled on them in chalk while others said "Yes," apparently indicating which one you ought to be using under the new configuration. Navigation was a little confusing (although it's not a huge park), and I nearly missed the last two holes.
Not a lot of memorable shots here.
Other Thoughts: My parents were walking at Rocky Butte Park across the street, and I went over to meet them and wondered why there wasn't a course there, given the great elevation and abundance of trees. Then I came across a couple baskets! But I never did see any sign of tees, even natural ones. I was pretty bummed because this would have been a very fun place to play a round (I guess I could have made up my own course). If you are a local, please PM me. I'd love to know the story.