Fountain Inn, SC
The Firecracker DGC Share
Uploaded By: JBryant Hole #18 (Taken 7/2012)
-- / --   3 / 180ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Flinging at the Firecracker

1    2/16/2013   2/16/2013
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: The Firecracker DGC is a nice little course with many opportunities for birdies, if not ace runs. There are 9 Innova baskets, most of which have two rubber tee pads to make it 18 holes. Layout is fairly easy to follow, and rounds are quick and easy. A few sparse trees, some patches of dense brush and elevation changes add some obstacles. Course is placed on land surrounding a school, and makes good use of the available space. There is a water fountain, trash cans, and restrooms nearby at the recreation center.
Cons: The course is quite easy for an experienced player, and is somewhat repetitive. The alternate tee boxes do not change the shape of the shot drastically. I did turn around for a RH sidearm flick on 2/11, and 3/10 was a slight turnover, but otherwise RHBH hyzer city. I never found markers for 7/16, they may have been blocked by two workers and their truck who were spreading a large pile of mulch. Hole 8/17 has become somewhat risky, because a cluster of portable buildings now surrounds the target (not pictured on map). My shot wound up 6 feet under a classroom. Only hole I took a bogey on. I didn't play all 18, because of a very similar back nine, and snow began to fall after 9. The course is closed while school is in session.
Other Thoughts: Firecracker DGC is fun, but not as exciting as it sounds. I had fun on my visit here, and I'm glad I got to see it. Low level of difficulty makes this course great for beginners, and playable with only 2 or 3 discs. I would be happy to have it if I lived nearby, but this is not a destination course, there are several better ones not far away. In summary, any disc golf is good disc golf,