Aurora, IL
Hole #14 Pro Tee

Lots of birds

5+    5/26/2013   6/3/2013
Review By: Glendor
Pros: The course has excellent tee pads and the park is incredibly clean and manicured for a course. The holes have a good mix of holes favoring right and left handed back hand throwers. A lot of the throws are birds if you are an accurate thrower letting you easily score below par. Great course to practice throwing accurate shots to get at the base of the basket. I have played it 50+ times and still find it fun to play.
Cons: Several holes have slight water hazards though they are easy to avoid. There is no basket location information on the posts. Too easy for good players. By yourself you can easily play a round in 35-40 min could be a pro.

Short and Sweet

1    6/3/2012   6/3/2012
Review By: Jashwa
Pros: Some 3.5 rated courses are rated as such because they are challenging and offer an intense round of disc golf for players. That is not the case here. Instead, Jericho Lake is just plain fun. I would describe my round here as very relaxing, but with enough variety in the holes to make it interesting. Specifics:

*Two sets of concrete tee pads! There are short tee pads for casual players, but if you want a bit more of a challenge there are longs tees that will make it a more challenging course. The tees are usually visible and their distances are marked on the teeposts of the shorter tees.

*Jericho Lake is a very nice park. It is clean, large, and the course is well separated from the soccer fields, playgrounds, and fishing spots. The lake itself is quite pretty.

*From the short tee pads, there are a lot of ace runs!

*A lot of interesting lines to hit, including a few that bring water into play. I found myself using just about all of my discs and every throw in my arsenal

*Great place to bring a friend who is new to disc golf
Cons: In reality, I'd say this rating is a bit high. Really, if 3.25 was an option I'd give Jericho Park one of those. Here's why:

*Not much challenge. Most of the holes have very short distances, especially from the shorter tee pads. The long ones are also mostly under 300 ft.

*Signs are just posts with distances on them. No pictures or directions. Additionally there aren't really any signs telling you where to go. This is bad for several reasons... 1) There is water brought into play on several holes, and it's not always visible from the tee. Thus, new people to the course should make sure to check the fairway on either side for water. 2) the flow here is pretty bad between holes. It would be nice if there were signs, especially since there are so many similar looking concrete tee pads it can be a bit confusing to look around and see 6 tee pads lying in the same vicinity.

*A few of the holes use a cement path as the tee pad, and this got very slippery when I was there after only a brief drizzle.
Other Thoughts: This is a very chill course. Not a super intense round of disc golf, but still a very fun one. Bring a beginner here to show them the ropes before introducing them to harder courses like Eagle Ridge in Oswego. If you're looking for more of a challenge, try the long tees.

Well maintained course

5+    4/26/2012   5/1/2012
Review By: JadosStalin
Pros: Jericho is a higher-end typical course; and a lot of times thats just what you should be looking for. Considering the lack of real challenge in a vast majority of the mid-suburbs courses this side of Joliet, it's in the higher lattitudes of fun and challenging. And you never have to spend more than five cumulative minutes looking for a lost disc. (in fact, if you lost one it's probably in the lake and in which case you'll be alongside me waiting for the summer to take a dip in and retrieve your sunken treasure) The pins are almost all visible from the tee or are at least obvious to their location even if you have to take a few steps onto the fairway. The setting is reserved, well-maintained, and almost no highway noise save Jericho road traffic on holes 6 and 7- which even then is just a county road.
Cons: The flooding is an issue, but can be counteracted by just wearing a good pair of outdoor footwear. The back nine get a little foggy as far as navigation the first time you play the course. I've never experienced overcrowding but the serene setting can get a little pitted with people. There also aren't any holes you really have to struggle on, which sounds like a positive but can get humdrum.
Other Thoughts: Jericho's best quality is that it's close to Oswego (Eagle Ridge Civic Center), and the two together will eat up a full day of playing. The course alone is engaging, not overly difficult, and flows very nicely. This is my home course and while I don't get to it as often as I'd like I've yet to not enjoy myself throughout.

Wooo wooo

5+    8/18/2011   8/18/2011
Review By: cpoquette
Pros: Awesome Tees, pro and am, sick. Nice lake, and creek in play kinda... Once my friend found a glass chillum thing in the lake by the tee of hole nine, score. You can really let the disc rip on holes 7 and 8. Well maintained course, grass is always cut, and I am not afraid to walk barefoot there.
Cons: Gets super crowded sometimes, people play in groups more then four. Not a big variety of shots or techniques needed. Gets really buggy in the evening. People enjoying the park for other reasons get in the way of the golfers sometimes. It sucks bad when It rains. Sometimes holes 3,4,17,18 are not playable!
Other Thoughts: Overall a really solid course, its fun to swim in the lake if its super hot out. Good range of hole lengths. Oswego is super close, so make sure you play them both if you come out and have not played either!

fun course

2-4    8/6/2009   8/6/2009
Review By: bongripper0420
Pros: This course offers a nice mix of shots including open and techinal. Plays along a creek and comes into play on # 10's long tee. Tee pads are nice and the course is fairly easy to navigate. Grass was well kept. I liked the practice basket in the middle of the parking lot to warm up at.
Cons: Some tall, thick weeds make it hard to find errant discs. Place is crowded on the weekends, Hard to play. Half the course was flooded the first time I played there, not sure how often this happens.
Other Thoughts: All in all a average course in my opinion. Liked the views and locals seemed nice. I would not come back here on the weekends myself just to avoid the everyday park people as they seem to have no regard for disc golfers.

Open and Easy

5+    8/2/2009   8/5/2009
Review By: skinner21
This review was updated on 9/26/2010
Pros: -cement tees (2 per hole)
-scenic with the lake and creek
-well maintained
-great place for beginners, those still learning to play, and for a place to practice your shot.
-quick rounds
-the longs are pretty tough.
Cons: -very easy from the short tees
-not many long holes
-does not drain well. in early spring or fate fall or after summer rains holes 2-4, 17-18 are unplayable.
-not very challenging from the shorts
Other Thoughts: a good enough course to hit up on a nice day for a few rounds, but can get boring after a time. cops are fussy about drinking on the course, unlike some of the other courses in the area.

The longs play very nice and add a lot of challenge to the course.

B+ = You Be Feelin' Positive After Playing This

1    6/16/2009   6/16/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Well rounded course

5+    6/14/2009   6/14/2009
Review By: lko102
Pros: - Well designed course with concrete tee pads.
- Alternate tees accommodate a variety of skill levels.
- Good mix of longer holes and shorter, technical shots.
- Separate practice basket to warm up on
Cons: - Alternate tees can be hard to find as the shorter tee is the only one marked with a sign.
- Back 9 was flooded when I played, and 17 and 18 were unmowed and covered in standing water making them unplayable.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy playing this course. One of the first courses I played when I first started, it was fun to come back a few years later after improving and replay. Concrete tees and well marked footages make it easy to follow the flow of the course. Just the right mix of longer holes and shorter technical holes keep a variety of shots in play. The only downside is that the back 9 was flooded when we played, and the park district stopped mowing the fairways for 17 and 18 due to standing water making the round unfinished. I would recommend the course to anyone in the area looking for a good course to play.

Conveniently Located Near Boccis Pizza

2-4    3/11/2009   6/11/2009
Review By: Daffron24
Pros: Located in a pretty park next to a lake this course offers a good range of challenging shots. Two concrete tee locations. Good mix up of long and short shots with little trees or bushes in the way which allows you to really air it out on some holes.
Cons: Can be difficult to navigate especially with two tee pad locations with each hole. Can be a little flood after rain. Water comes into play if you have trouble with depth and throwing straight. I wish there were more shots over water.
Other Thoughts: This can be a very fun course, but it also has the potential to ruin a day. I would suggest going to a smaller course if you are a beginner. Overall this course is a fun intermediate course which I would definitely suggest to play. If you plan on playing the Oswego course I would leave enough time, because Jericho can take a while to play.

Good fun

2-4    4/16/2008   4/17/2009
Review By: jdunk03
Pros: Great tee pads long and short tees. well kept nice view of lake.
Cons: had a dog try to bite this guy fishing 20 feet away path has a lot of walkers some times
Other Thoughts: i will come back one of those courses that is in the back of your mind to play