Aurora, IL

Open and Easy

5+    8/2/2009   8/5/2009
Review By: skinner21
This review was updated on 9/26/2010
Pros: -cement tees (2 per hole)
-scenic with the lake and creek
-well maintained
-great place for beginners, those still learning to play, and for a place to practice your shot.
-quick rounds
-the longs are pretty tough.
Cons: -very easy from the short tees
-not many long holes
-does not drain well. in early spring or fate fall or after summer rains holes 2-4, 17-18 are unplayable.
-not very challenging from the shorts
Other Thoughts: a good enough course to hit up on a nice day for a few rounds, but can get boring after a time. cops are fussy about drinking on the course, unlike some of the other courses in the area.

The longs play very nice and add a lot of challenge to the course.

Average 18 Hole Course

1    8/4/2009   8/4/2009
Review By: 4_Of_Spades
This review was updated on 9/18/2012
Pros: Dual tees with cement tee pads.

Baskets are in good shape.

Located in a nice park with a nice view of a lake.

Moderately wooded throughout with some varied shot selection.
Cons: No signs, just a wooden post with yardage marked. Holes are usually in view but i still like signs on holes.

Seemed kind of bland with only a few trees on most holes in the back 9 that don't really get in the way.

Mostly flat with little punishment for poor throws.

Some holes border the entrance/exit road. Also a bit confusing on where some holes were and where to go next.

Holes were not marked or mapped very well, a lot of holes seemed really short and you could get away with inaccurate throws.
Other Thoughts: I was expecting more from this course, it was just average for me but if you are going to the Oswego course this is close enough to go to as well. I think it is more like a Madison Meadows type course. Yeah it has 18 holes, but the challenge for me just wasn't there.

good course

5+    7/2/2009   7/4/2009
Review By: fox metro discer
This review was updated on 4/11/2010
Pros: The park is open from sun up till sun down. This course has two sets of concrete tees for every hole. It also has a tee sign for every hole with distances for both sets, however they are placed at the short tees and not necissarily viewable from the longs. Fortunately, almost every hole is right in view fro the tee pad.
The course is pretty well maintained with a pavilion and restrooms. It also has some water on the course including a stream that wanders through it and a lake that comes into play on a few holes. The cousre has some trees and uses them well.
This course is great for the beginning player. It provides a fun round from the shorts and is open enough to allow some "not so perfect" shots to still have the ability to allow for good scores. The longs are enough of a different course to provide a challenge for everyone as well.
Cons: One major con to the course is drainage. After periods of rain, some of the course floods, including holes 2,3,4, 17, and 18. There have been instances where these holes did not dry out for more than a week at a time.
As stated before, the tee signs do not show the hole itself, and provide only distances. They are also located at the short tees and some of the longs are out of view from the short tee areas. there is also a lack of trash receptacles at the course, which has led to tere being litter at the course at times. If you are going, please bring a small bag to put any trash in during your round! :)
Other Thoughts: Definately worth the trip if you are headed this way. However, not the most challenging course from the shorts. Great course to bring the family/ friends out to enjoy the scenery, and have fun.

B+ = You Be Feelin' Positive After Playing This

1    6/16/2009   6/16/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

Well rounded course

5+    6/14/2009   6/14/2009
Review By: lko102
Pros: - Well designed course with concrete tee pads.
- Alternate tees accommodate a variety of skill levels.
- Good mix of longer holes and shorter, technical shots.
- Separate practice basket to warm up on
Cons: - Alternate tees can be hard to find as the shorter tee is the only one marked with a sign.
- Back 9 was flooded when I played, and 17 and 18 were unmowed and covered in standing water making them unplayable.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy playing this course. One of the first courses I played when I first started, it was fun to come back a few years later after improving and replay. Concrete tees and well marked footages make it easy to follow the flow of the course. Just the right mix of longer holes and shorter technical holes keep a variety of shots in play. The only downside is that the back 9 was flooded when we played, and the park district stopped mowing the fairways for 17 and 18 due to standing water making the round unfinished. I would recommend the course to anyone in the area looking for a good course to play.

Conveniently Located Near Boccis Pizza

2-4    3/11/2009   6/11/2009
Review By: Daffron24
Pros: Located in a pretty park next to a lake this course offers a good range of challenging shots. Two concrete tee locations. Good mix up of long and short shots with little trees or bushes in the way which allows you to really air it out on some holes.
Cons: Can be difficult to navigate especially with two tee pad locations with each hole. Can be a little flood after rain. Water comes into play if you have trouble with depth and throwing straight. I wish there were more shots over water.
Other Thoughts: This can be a very fun course, but it also has the potential to ruin a day. I would suggest going to a smaller course if you are a beginner. Overall this course is a fun intermediate course which I would definitely suggest to play. If you plan on playing the Oswego course I would leave enough time, because Jericho can take a while to play.

Good fun

2-4    4/16/2008   4/17/2009
Review By: jdunk03
Pros: Great tee pads long and short tees. well kept nice view of lake.
Cons: had a dog try to bite this guy fishing 20 feet away path has a lot of walkers some times
Other Thoughts: i will come back one of those courses that is in the back of your mind to play

Jericho Lake Park

1    3/17/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: Dahminator
Pros: Good scenery, very easy to follow, has longer holes which I prefer, and multiple tee pads for each hole.
Cons: Went a few days ago (March) and the course was majorly flooded. Had to skip a few holes because of it.
Other Thoughts: I'd wait until it's dry outside in the summer to head to this course.

Great place to learn.

5+    8/1/2008   10/20/2008
Review By: njoyntheride
Pros: Fun course especially if you're just starting. Park is nice and well maintained. Good use of trees on a few holes. Good chance for an ace, although I can't seem to ever hit one!
Cons: Park doesn't hold up well when it rains. That's putting it rather nicely. Hole 17 is always a flood. I prefer wooded courses.
Other Thoughts: I do love the course, but would not put it next to Oswego or Summit on the top 5 list. It's worth playing a round though. Lots of garbage cans which is very cool- it's too bad some people aren't smart enough to know what they are for!

Quality 18 Holes

2-4    9/6/2008   10/1/2008
Review By: krc1130
This review was updated on 7/12/2009
Pros: Very nice concrete tees, two per hole. Course is very pretty, being right on Jericho Lake and a creek. Holes flowed very well into one another, the course certainly didn't feel contrived. A very nice use of space. Some longer holes, some tighter holes with good obstacles - very good variety on this course.
Cons: I'll also say that the course doesn't hold up very well any time around a rain, which is understandable. Course may be a bit tough to navigate your first time around, but luckily, one of the local players was nice enough to give us a hand. We had a player in our group lose a disc in that creek - there was no way we were getting that back. Elevation was pretty level, not a lot of changes. Some holes on the first 9 played a bit close to the road entering the course. A little busy, but not too bad. I can imagine this course getting pretty packed, and I know they play tournaments here pretty regularly.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course quite a bit. Having to compare it to Oswego, which we played the same day, I'd have to give the edge to Oswego. However, this is a very fun course to play. Just be careful for the bodies of water and the roads and you should be fine. Aurora and Oswego are so close to each other, that you'd have to check both courses out in a day. Very convenient for a fun day of disc golf!