Rock Falls, IL
Joshua Park Share
Uploaded By: REGS757 Hole #8 (Taken 6/2012)
4 / 245ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Mini Golf Ace Run Fun

1    6/21/2013   7/9/2013
Review By: #19325
Pros: Joshua Park is located in a very small but well kept park on the edge of town. It had a nice restroom facility and playground. The course was nicely mowed, has scattered trees, and slightly sloping terrain.

The baskets were newer Innova Discatchers and at one time all had flags on them. I'd say about half of them had the flags left on the top.

The tee signs were fantastic.

I really like the tee pads for alternatives to concrete. I've been looking for this material as I've seen it on several other courses. It's a diamond shaped plastic material installed in the ground. It was dry the day we played and they were great throwing from.

This is a super beginner friendly course with all holes under 240ft. Although short it has some fairly fun holes.

Great practice area for locals and you can get a full round in very quickly. It took less than 30 minutes for the 3 of us to play the course.
Cons: This course is hard to take serious as a regular disc golf course. Very short with holes on top of each other. When you are driving in you can literally see a line of baskets in the park.

For a more advanced player I was literally jump putting from the tee on several holes. First time thru I scored a 37 missing a birdie on just 1 hole. This is a super easy course.
Other Thoughts: Typically I wouldn't give a course like this that high of a rating but it hit a cord with me. Great equipment and semi fun to play. I gave it a boost from a 1 to a 2.

This park would have been more suitable for mini disc golf.

I wouldn't drive out of the way to play this course but if you are in town to play Sinnissippi Park you'll have fun quickly playing this course.

Make sure to stop by Air Play Sports downtown. Great bag and disc selection as well as drinks.