Bridgeton (St.Louis), MO
Carrollton Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: gregwil2 Hole #6 (Taken 6/2012)
3 / 180ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

A Flawed Gem

1    7/15/2014   7/16/2014
Review By: PDGApunk
Pros: Very challenging and fun! This course is in a very isolated park with hardly any traffic at all. It has great land for a disc golf course.. actually, it is great land for a couple courses. It is techincal and long.
Cons: While I enjoyed this course, I was also very annoyed playing it for many reasons:

1. Navigation is TERRIBLE. It needs a better flow. There was a few times where my friend and I were lost and it took 5-10 minutes to find the next tee.

2. This bad navigation would have been a little more excusible if there was a lot of empty boring space.. but there isnt. I saw a lot of great lines that were not being used between holes. A lot of land is not being used, I see no reason why there can not be at least 27 or 36 holes here. A few can be shortened and still be very tough and some do not need 3 placements... some of them needed only 1 placement because it was the perfect placement.

3. Tee signs are very necessary for this course. Most of the holes are blind shots... and since most of the holes are par 3.5-4s, it takes extra time for you to run up and look where the basket is.

4. Some of the low branches hanging in front of the tees could be manicured just a little bit better. But this is pretty minor... most arent bad at all.

5. Teepads please... St Louis Disc Golf Club is pretty good size.. I am not sure why they arent able to raise the fun
ds to put 9-18 teepads in a year on these newer courses that have natural teepads.
Other Thoughts: This course has a A LOT of potential to be a 4+... but I am giving it a sad 3. I love disc golf in St Louis. Most courses are great here. I expected great things with this course.. but I am pretty disappointed with it overall for how much potential it really has. It just seems very incomplete.

Bring a map!

1    9/29/2013   9/29/2013
Review By: dandruff1138
Pros: Very unique course. Built on an old abandoned neighborhood the airport bought out. The fairways are mowed and it is fun to play. Very cool to let them put a course on something like this...
Cons: The layout of this course is... challenging. It is also tough to find the baskets as the theme for this course is "Line of shrubs/trees with baskets behind them..." Par is pretty tough and the course seems loooong. Lots of poison ivy!!!
Other Thoughts: Bring a map or be lost. Par is sometimes questionable. Natural/dirt tees, no signs for holes, just the # and an arrow. This course is fairly new, we are going to just have to be patient!

Fallout 3

1    12/12/2012   12/18/2012
Review By: ervin
Pros: A really fun course. It's set up to allow for a few grip and rip shots, and there are quite a few really technical shots.
Cons: It's really hard to understand where you're headed at times on this course. After finishing up hole 8 it seemed like the natural place for 9 to be was right in front of it, but instead that was the tee for hole 11. It's really hard to figure your way around, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the little flags that point you in the direction of the next hole.
Other Thoughts: It's a fun course overall. It feels like you're playing Disc Golf in Fallout 3, which is cool. Some of the holes are a little repetative--I only played it once, but there were quite a few that felt like the same layout on a different hole. I noticed this in the first 9 holes most, but it's not really a detriment. I'd love to see some course maps out there, or some larger signage so you can tell the distance of the holes and the placement of the tee. I think it was hole 7 that I never would have found if I wasn't playing with someone experienced with the course. It was fun overall though. Totally worth playing a couple of times.