2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 8 hole (we couldn't find a #9 basket) basket set up around baseball diamonds, tennis courts, soccer fields and football fields.
Nice Discatcher baskets, in decent enough repair. The color helped to be able to navigate in some fashion.
Nice elevation in play on many of the holes (more on this below).
Cons: Tee pads? I have to believe at some point there were small rubber tee pads for every hole, but we could only find two (holes 2 and 4, I believe).
No signs or navigational tools. There was a general flow to the holes, but I'll be darned if we could figure out where tee pads were supposed to be. We tried to follow the flow of the baskets and ended up just playing safari golf.
Several of what we can only imagine were intended lines, ran through, around and over various sport fields. You definitely aren't going to be playing here while any sporting activities are going on.
Other Thoughts: If you've got the place to yourself, you could put together some interesting safari golf, but outside of that, not much to offer here. Elevation and available space are the major draws, and the baskets are spaced out enough to give you options.
If you have to bag everything, then stop. If not, then don't bother, especially with Brown Deer and Dretzka nearby.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Brown Deer HS
Pros: 1) Excellent use of distance to challenge the high schoolers.
2) Nice elevation changes on this course. There is a fair amount of up and down overall.
3) Nice new discatchers. I like these baskets even if they make a rude noise when I hit high in the basket.
4) Rubber mats are better than worn out dirt. See also Cons.
5) There are a few different types of shots to be thrown here and even a multiple shot hole requiring some placement.
Cons: 1) There really is no short acerun type of hole here to give the kids a reason to come back (other than physical education credits).
2)The whole school area is still under construction so the #9 basketis out and I couldn't find a tee for #1, #7, or #9. I assume those will go back in after the work is done and I will remove this from the review.
3) Lots of major bomb type holes and only a few reachable holes. I would like to see something a little more fun and less challenging for gym classes where most people have never played most likely.
4) A huge disappointment that they felt they had nowhere else to put a few holes. You throw over the corner of a soccer field and up near the tennis courts too on #2. On #3 you throw over the same soccer field but right across the goal. On #4 you throw behind a baseball outfield which may or may not come into play. #5 goes across what looks to be a practice soccer field. #7 looks to be throwing alongside the shotput area as well as two kidney shaped areas that look to be garden areas, which would likely be destroyed. #8 throws along two ball fields and there is serious risk of bystander issues here. #9 throw between the tennis courts and maybe a parkin lot (still in construction). I know this is a school and they got the money to provide these activities during school hours. Even witht his in mind it is not st up to be beginner friendly and it also is unplayable by anyone during other sporting activities, which consider a negative. If they get kids hooked on the game, someone will want to be out playing all the time.
5) No signs yet, but maybe there will be eventually.
6) I think they missed out on the chance to make a sweet memorable hole for the high schoolers. If the Library would allow the school district to use the edge of their property there is an awesome acerun throwing from the other side of the big creek to the current #1 basket. It would be memorable visibly and also for anoyne who parks it or gets an ace.
6) This is not beginner frinedly enough for a school course.
Other Thoughts: Not my cup of tea, but it has some redeeming values, just do not go there when any other activities are going on or you will be frustrated. If you are a beginner I recommend elsewhere beacuse of all the danger on the athletic fields.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.