Queen Creek, AZ
Queen Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #4 (Taken 12/2014)
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Well, it's a course...

1    10/28/2015   10/28/2015
Review By: JNichols
Pros: Set in a Neighborhood and is NOT a multi use park. It is a 9 hole disc golf course only. For what it is, there are actually some holes with a bit of length. 3-4 holes (no posted distances for this course) were 300ft, or longer. There is room to open up the arm a little bit, especially if you are looking for a Safari layout, without fear of hitting a house, car, person, or otherwise. Older DGA (I believe Mach IIs) catch really well. There are more and more housing developments in the area doing this kind of "small community course" type thing around here and I hope it continues.
Cons: Tee pads are not pads. They are a 4'x4' square curb box with grass in the middle of them. We teed off from behind every tee pad. 2 baskets are missing and have been for awhile. There are no maps of the course, so finding your way can be tiresome, at first. Flat open holes. The few trees that are there were not used to make any hole stand out. Ground Squirrel holes Everywhere! Be careful and watch your footing, or suffer a rolled ankle!
Other Thoughts: For what it is, I cannot complain, to much. I stopped because I was visiting someone that lives in this neighborhood and had my 10 year old with me. He liked the course and we did a putter only round. To use this as a beginner course, practice course, or if you live close, would make it more palatable. I can't say it screams FUN, though.

DGC For Future Housing Development?

1    5/26/2013   5/30/2013
Pros: Queen Creek Disc Golf Course sits in a small green park bordered by streets on three sides and a new housing development called Villagio on the other two. The only parking and the not so obvious entrance are through a smaller play area/park at the end of the cul-du-sac that you access by entering the Villagio development and then taking the first right turn. It almost seems to me that this small course was built as a draw for those buying homes in this development. That could be a first. Build a small recreational Pitch and Putt Disc Golf Course and use it as an enticement to sell your homes to people.

I eventually figured out that the # 1 tee pad is reached by entering the course through this smaller park/play area. The course then plays in a clockwise manner around the green grassy area. The tee pads, if you can call them that, are raised concrete boundary paver blocks, set in a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 foot square. They allow almost run up. This may have been the plan as virtually no run up is needed here but somehow I doubt that was in the blueprints. I think someone without any knowledge of disc golf layed them out. The hole number and direction is spray painted on most of the pad (pavers). The baskets are fine although currently (May 2013) numbers 4 and 8 are missing making navigation much more confusing.
Cons: Missing baskets # 4 and # 8.
Some of Disc Golf's worst tee pads anywhere.
Confusing layout with almost no signage.
Very little challenge as course is flat with no elevation or trees.
Other Thoughts: On one hand, you've got to love the fact that someone thought that a disc golf course here might be enticement to draw people in. On the other hand, you wish the course designer would have sought out someone from the disc golf community for some advice on how best to set to design a course, tee pads, etc.
Whoever the SOBs are who grabbed the baskets, I would like to get my hands on you, you slimey little bastards!

more a practice field

5+    5/14/2013   5/15/2013
Review By: gorillabearjump
Pros: it sits directly behind my house. I walk across the street and bam! I am there.
Cons: It is a green belt with baskets in it. No hazards and no real difficulty.
Other Thoughts: Great family course. Simple for the little ones and great for practicing long drives. I just throw from one end to the other. Pretty simple, not worth any sort of drive. Like I stated above, I come here because it is behind my house.

1    4/11/2013   4/11/2013
Review By: Psicko
Pros: The park is clean and well maintained. The baskets catch well.
Cons: There are 9 baskets spread around the perimeter of a grassy area. No challenge whatsoever. I could not find any tee areas. I guess you could do some creative safari golf holes to make it somewhat interesting. Probably not.
Other Thoughts: This one wasnt even worth playing to say that I played it. I only played to a random basket or two before leaving. If you lived in the few subdivisions next door, it could be a good practice area, but thats about all.

It has baskets....

1    10/26/2008   7/26/2012
Review By: Sunday Mike
Pros: This course has 9 baskets and they catch discs well. The park is nice and green.
Cons: The 9-baskets here are all spread out through an open park... almost no trees outside of the park perimeter, and basically no other obstacles of any kind. It is also super short. The only thing you have to worry about is shanking one out of the boundary of the park, and it would have to be a heck of a shank. This place was also confusing..there was no real flow to it..just show up and basically start throwing to any basket from any place you want, though I eventually found some markers.
The course is waaaaaaaaaaay off the the beaten path. You have to reallywant to play it to end up here and it is not worth the drive.
Other Thoughts: I played this once while visiting a Halloween Farm..it was only a mile or two out of the way, so I figured what the heck. Boy was I disappointed. The course was overly short and without a doubt the most boring course I have ever played. That being said, if I lived in the attached subdivision I'm sure I would be hucking here quite often...but that is the only way I'd ever play this course again..if I moved in next door.