Mankato, MN
Briargate DGC Share

Every Apt complex should have one!

2-4    12/30/2013   1/13/2014
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Nice baskets
-Good practice area, especially for putting and short approaches
-The area looks nice and well maintained, safe
-Areas of the course may be lit up at night due to their proximity to buildings and lights
Cons: -No tees or indication of basket order
-Baskets are too close to buildings, sidewalks, parking lots, roads, etc to be safe and that takes the fun out of it for me
-Course is flat and has little in the way of natural obstacle
Other Thoughts: This was a great effort on the part of the apt complex. However, they simply don't have the land for it and in my mind this is little more than a glorified practice area. I wouldn't stop by and play here again because it's hard to get a real round in but if I ever lived in the area I would practice here.

Putting practice

5+    9/12/2012   1/1/2013
Review By: elmexdela
Pros: Good quality baskets.
Cons: No signs. No teeboxes. Literally just baskets spread out through the apartment complex.
Other Thoughts: I used it for putting practice mainly. Also its good to practice midrange and putter hucking accuracy. I just picked out a random basket and threw a few discs towards it and kept doing that. Its not much, but at least you could practice your putts!

Fun, but dangerous!

2-4    12/29/2012   12/29/2012
Review By: DerekTonn
Pros: - Good quality Mach 5 baskets (though at the time of this review, the Hole 6 basket is badly damaged)
- A good course map and scorecard is available in the apartment complex office.
Cons: - Super tight/dangerous, in relation to apartment buildings, roads, and other recreational uses.
- No tee markings or hole signage (had to "guess" off the scorecards...particularly in the snow).
Other Thoughts: It's a quick, fun round to play...but I wouldn't be surprised to learn those baskets have been pulled in the next year or two. As even with hundreds of rounds under my belt over the years, I hit an apartment building, the pool house, and an adjacent road in just three rounds of play. Get more beginners playing those holes, and property is going to be damaged (and/or people are going to get hurt). If they could fix the safety issues (somehow) and add some basic tee signage, I'd go back. But I'm too afraid of hitting a window or a car on 3-4 of those holes.

Kind of a course.

1    7/16/2012   7/16/2012
Review By: PTJohnston
Pros: Well maintained, its in an apartment complex.
Cons: No tee pads, no markings on the baskets.
In an apartment complex.
Other Thoughts: This is an odd course, the complex its in has lots of activities to do, and it seem like they just threw some baskets in to, with no real thought as to a course.

I could not find the start, so I just parked my car and picked a basket and threw to it, from there I just threw to the next basket, playing some baskets from different angles and had a pretty good time.

Careful not to throw any discs into someones apartment window!